teamviewer.com link icon
or
Ask The Community

Missing security code

Hello, I am afraid to have reached a loop I cannot fix and would like to ask for suppor please.

Since last year I was provided a corporate license to my account for Team Viewer with dual factor authentication enabled (not the one I am writing this message from). I have bee using it for many months without issues, but in the last days I had to logout from the Team Viewer app on Windows, at the same time I changed my mobile phone with MS Authenticator and, again at the same time I forgot the Team Viewer password I set the first time.

Now I have reinstalled Team Viewer, but what happens is that I cannot login anymore.

Furthermore, if I click on the password recovery link, I can receive password change email with its link inside. Then I go to replace the password but a security code is then required to go on. 

The problem is that I cannot get it if on the phone the TeamViewer account is no more present inside the MS Authenticator and, at the same time, I cannot add it back  as I cannot provide another QR code if I am not logged into the TeamViewer website.

How can this be fixed, please?

Thank you in advance.

Tagged:

Comments

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 3,401 Moderator

Hello @alccad,

Thank you for your message. ?

Don't worry, we have a solution for this case as you have a Corporate license.
    Please activate your license on an other TeamViewer account.

With this account, please submit a ticket via: https://support.teamviewer.com/a/  to get TFA disabled of your account.

If you need any further information, please let me know.

Best regards

Jean

French Community Moderator