Team Viewer Host policy

Options

When deploying a TeamViewer host via MSI and the MSI parameters CUSTOMCONFIGID and APITOKEN set to the values from the custom module the policy gets applied fine if the client is directly connected to the internet.

If the client is connected to our internal LAN and only has a connection to the internet via a proxy the connection to our Tensor console is successful and the client is shown online but no policies are getting applied.

Tagged:

Comments

• Maël_
    Maël_ Posts: 12 Staff member 🤠
    Options

Hello Stephan, 

This issue might happen with proxy. 

Could you confirm if the device is assigned? Indeed you can apply policies only if the devices are assigned to your account (or recommended to a master account) 

There are different way to control if a device is assigned :

- via the TeamViewer UI (Option) 

- If you can assign a polices from the Management console 

- Under the registry --> Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\TeamViewer both following keys are present : OwningManagerAccountName OwningManagerCompanyName

Then let me recommend to use the following command for your deployment. This command will split the install and the assignment and might help you in case of an assignment issue. 

start /wait MSIEXEC.EXE /I "%Path/XXXXX/XXXXX\TeamViewer_Host.msi%" /qn CUSTOMCONFIGID=%XXXXXX% DESKTOPSHORTCUTS=0
    choice /C X /T 30 /D X > nul
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamViewer\TeamViewer.exe" assign --api-token=%XXXXX% --grant-easy-access --alias %COMPUTERNAME% --group-id g%XXXXX% --reassign --proxy 127.0.0.1:8080

To conclude: Assignment works via port 443 & 5938. (Open it for outgoing) Also please make sure to don't block the following : 

• master*.teamviewer.com
    • router*.teamviewer.com
    • Customdl.teamviewer.com (UI Customisation, Logo, etc.)
    • webapi.teamviewer.com (Assignment + Policies).

I hope this will help, please let me know how it goes. 

Best Regards,

Maël.

Mael