• 허정훈
    허정훈 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options
  • Underskore
    Underskore Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited March 13
    Options

Teamviewer, this **bleep**. How does using teamviewer to control my pi and my other pc trip the commercial use at least twice **bleep** year now?

• John_McGlaughlin
    John_McGlaughlin Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

I have been using TeamViewer privately for decades. Recently I have been exhausting my laptops cpu and memory and rather than spending another grand on upgrading I remember TeamViewer and connected my old desktop to my laptop to offload cpu and memory consumption so both my devices are connected nearly all the time. I am guessing this is what triggered the commercial suspicion.

Once filing for the access reset, how long does it take to get reestablished?

• Pannathat
    Pannathat Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

I'm Using from my laptop to my home pc to download my personal picture and Remote destop for playing game on my pc

Why I got commercial

• Tof06
    Tof06 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

In this procedureto reclaim free version, when you mention: Add all TeamViewer IDs that are involved in your connections. 

Should we provide all IDs from which we connect from, or also IDs on which we connect to ?

Hope it is only from, otherwise I have more than 10 :(

• krupers
    krupers Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Hello everyone, I am also having that issue but with a notice like that. I can confirm that I filled that form last time, because as an University Lecturer I have to connect remotely to my computer at the University as well as my other home computer and I have some devices I use frequently. Unfortunately I didn't know that I (probably) have to add to this for all IDs, not the primary one I am connecting from (not to), so this was my mistake. But now I can not resubmit this form and I do not know what to do :(

I already confirmed my personal use and I can confirm it again - there is absolutely no commercial use, but I think that I was stressed and filled the reset form wrong - this is the effect of my fault :(

Could you help me with that?

• Tsanguine
    Tsanguine Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

I have a commercial license as well as a personal free license and I would typically switch accounts depending on what machines I needed to access. The free personal one times out now and locks instantly making it worthless. Is there anything I can do? I'd rather not move all of my personal machines into my commercial license.

• kristoffe
    kristoffe Posts: 1
    Options

See I have never used this commercially and I noticed when I had a bug for jpg thumbnails I cleared my cache on many levels with ccleaner. Suddenly I am now accused (which in writing is LIBEL by teamviwewer) that it is commercial. I have always used this on my home system for my friends and their pcs. It's funny how they go through waves of this and harass users while claiming it is free. it would be interesting to match this 03-19-2024 with the amount of increase in price and how many workers they have laid off.

• DoGauss
    DoGauss Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

The quiz doesn't quite address my issue, as it is somewhat niche:

• I'm currentliy in front of my work notebook and I COULD log in to TV with my company license - but I don't want to, because:
    • I do have a private matter to attend to with TV on a family member's notebook
    • I do not wish to use the company license for a private matter, because
    • although I could - and my boss wouldn't mind - I'd still rather not mix private and corporate matters more than neccessary
    • But as I cannot access my private PC at the moment (on vacation) the company notebook has to suffice.

So

• The TV id of this notebook is primarily linked to my company account
    • How can I use my private account on the very same machine when tending to a private matter that requires TV?

Thanks,

Dom

• MassimoSavino
    MassimoSavino Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited March 25
    Options

I have used TeamViewer to assist my father with desktop issues -- as a free, personal user -- for nearly 15 years now. On upgrading to the latest version, I was suddenly blocked from use under the false suspicion of commercial use, today. I accessed the reset page, and supposedly was reset.

However, on reinstall and restart of the application, I was blocked again.

Shame. I will never use this ever again, this software **bleep**.

• nhumctech
    nhumctech Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited April 3
    Options

I submitted a request to re-enable free use.

I got an email from TeamViewer support saying I needed to fill out another form, sign it

2) THIS FORM is a declaration of private use that needs to be printed, signed personally and sent back to us replying to this email.

The problem is the link to THIS FORM seems to be broken. When I click on the link I get this error message

This site can’t be reached

mailings.teamviewer.com’s server IP address could not be found.

How do I get the correct link to the form to fill it out and send it back?

• theyland
    theyland Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options

Hi. When filling out the free reset form, which device is the "affected device"? My PC or my 86 year old mother's mac? I only entered my mother's device ID; should I have entered my device id? Or both IDs?

Should I fill out the form again using my device ID, or both IDs?

Thanks,

• Woolnut
    Woolnut Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

Just had this suspected commercial usage pop up appear, even though I barely use TV and when I do, it is always to the same couple of devices which are owned by family members. I don't really understand how this so called detection works, I suspect because I am on Windows 11 Pro?

This is a massive pain in the proverbial and the form isn't exactly useful, as its not immediately actioned. Often the need for me jumping onto for example my grandparents computer is fairly urgent. Having 5 minutes at a time to try and fix an issue and also having to navigate through random pop ups and accusations of commercial usage is irritating.

I don't really know what was wrong with the old way this worked. I am looking for alternatives that don't accuse me of unfair usage and restrict me based on idiotic detection methods.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.