Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• bazbsg
    bazbsg Posts: 112 ✭✭

@xs1 If your server is running a server OS, like Windows Server 2010 for example, then TV requires a license to connect to it. TV has redefined the word commercial to mean something different than what the dictionary states. Using TV at a school is also defined to be commercial. Check their terms of service to see this.

If all your computers are at the same location (assumption since you can connect a keyboard and monitor), ie, on the same LAN, then TV is overkill. The main benefit of TV is they have a server somewhere that all TV cients log into and that server can find and connect you to a computer in a remote location. I live in Asia and I use TV to help my mom in the US. If all your computers are on the same LAN then you can use software with the Virtual Network Computing protocol to connect to them without needing a TV server or even an internet connection. Within my house I use such a program even though I do have all my computers registered on TV in case I need to access them remotely.

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

HI @bdoubleu 

For me,this sounds more that there is commercial usage suspected for your connections. Please read: Thank you for playing fair and consider filling out the form. I added the link to the form in the article ?

Best, Esther

Former Community Manager

• Thw0rted
    Thw0rted Posts: 14 ✭✭

Just as a data point for other users in this thread:

• I submitted my form on 29 July
    • I noticed that my system was working normally (i.e. not flagged) around 14 August
    • I got an email yesterday evening (31 August) saying that the reset was successful

• My teamviewer is now working the way it should so i would like to say thank you to every body.

It is working correctly because i only ever used it to connect to computers in my own house, for personal use and to help my family run their computers i.e. because they are part of my house hold, and live in the same house so thank you again.

• Novice1994
    Novice1994 Posts: 1

Hi Esther,

I just did my second TV session ever with my elderly mother in-law, mainly adding bookmarks to chrome and pinning apps to her task bar - LOL!  (My OP was for a session with my own elderly mother.)  In both cases, my sessions kept timing out after 5 mintues.  Since it timed out frequently again with a different user, I strongly suspect it was not due to connection speeds as originally presumed.  My mother in-law and I both have good connections speeds.  Our 40 minute session required us to reconnect 8 times.  That seems pretty rediculous to me.  

I am clearly not using this for commercial purposes.  So why is it timing out?

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi again,

yes - sounds not like the software is suspecting commercial usage.

So this does not seem to be the problem.

However, there is no such time limit within the software. So maybe it is connected to network issues. 

Best,

Esther

Former Community Manager

• I keep getting kicked off saying susptected commercial application. I am not using it as a commercial application. I am retired and have the free TeamViewer loaded on my computer at home and at my vacation home. I Tried to get into my home computer today and kepted on getting kicked out. This is the first time that has happened.

• Hola, tengo el mismo problema, lo uso yo solamente entre mis computadoras.

A que direccion mando el mensaje en Privado para que revean mi caso?

gracias

@Alejandro-76  ha escrito:

Buenas tardes @AlenaC

Tengo el mismo problema que el usuario @Ashura . Sólo tengo a miembros de mi familia, y durante todos los años que llevo usando Team Viewer, nunca he experimentado problemas hasta hoy. Tengo a dos familiares viviendo en EEUU, que en raras ocasiones, les he tenido que prestar ayuda (por si sirve de ayuda). El resto de contactos agregados en mi perfil son todos miembros de mi familia.

Ruego por favor solventen dichos inconvenientes con las versiones gratuitas ya que, por lo que veo en el foro, no soy el único a quien le ha sucedido esto.

Muchas gracias.

P.D: Le envío ahora por mensaje privado mis datos de conexión para que realice las comprobaciones pertinentes.

• Annotation 2020-09-01 135829.png

I keep getting this alert when I try to connect to my other devices. I thought that the issue was because of misidentified commerical use, however, I submitted a ticket to TeamViewer explaining my use and received an email back that said my account had be reset to free. Any ideas on what to do to follow up since I am still receiving this error?

• Buenas tardes, estoy tratando de entrar a TeamViewer y me indica un mensaje que lo estoy utilizando para uso comercial. LLené el formulario para solicitar la reactivación de los IDs, tanto del ID del servidor como del id del cliente pero nada aún. Me pueden ayudar con esto?

saludos y disculpe la molestia

• Fiona_G
    Fiona_G Posts: 689 Staff member 🤠

Hi @trd13,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

We are sorry for any inconvenience.

It is possible that the remote device you connected to triggered the new PopUp after you got your un-block initially. We recommend filling out the form for the remote device as well, if it is not used in a commercial environment or for commercial purposes.

We hope this information helps.

Kind regards,

Fiona

Fiona_G
  • how did you submit a ticket to teamviewer? ive been trying to find a way to communicate my issue with them and all i got is this community... thanks 

• xs1
    xs1 Posts: 10

@bazbsg   You are exactly right. My server is using Windows Server 2019 Datacenter. That is really upseting that because of an OS they flag it as commerical. THey should really be corrected.

To further clarify, yes, (most of the time) my pc's are all on the same network, so for day to day tasks, another program would suffice.  Issue being my mother works from home, & at the moment my daughter is schooling as well. When im @ work or away, i NEED to be able to log in to these boxes to help remotely. No one in the family understands computers or networking... & when employment depends on you being online... ?

I originally started using TV on a regular when i was living out of state, to assist family back home many years ago, and kinda just loved the program ever since. Granted theres 5 or 6 other programs out there that will do the same as TV, they just **bleep**. lol although, that still doesnt explain why i cannot connect to the other windows 10 box without being booted every10 seconds tho. ?

DOWNLOAD Mbps: 919.48
    UPLOAD Mbps: 942.24
  • Fiona_G
    Fiona_G Posts: 689 Staff member 🤠

Hi @rottenronin,

Thank you for your message and welcome to our community.

Regarding the support ticket, you have to submit a ticket with your licensed account, if you have not activated your license into the account or you are a free user, it comes to the community page. Please read this article for more information: https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-submit-a-ticket/ta-p/72027

I hope this clarifies it for you.

Best regards, 

Fiona

Fiona_G
  • bazbsg
    bazbsg Posts: 112 ✭✭

@xs1 Unfortunately, they also consider it commercial use if you access your home PC to read your personal emails from your office or school during your lunch break.

• Dipanjan
    Dipanjan Posts: 2 ✭✭

I am using the free license, and using it only for non-commercial use. I am a student, and because of this global pandemic of COVID19 I am not able to go to my college. Hence, I am using the TeamViewer to connect my system in the college, from my laptop in my home. This is only for my personal studying purpose only. It was working fine till yesterday. Suddenly from today I am not able to use it. Every time I try to connect, it shows

Connection blocked after timeout.

Your license limits the maximum session duration to a partner, immidiate reconnects are blocked. Please try later or upgrade your license.

Connections to this partner will be blocked untill <some time>.

But I am not using it for any commercial purpose. It is solely a non-commertial use. One of my classmate also faced the same issue, then she wrote on the Twitter. The TeamViewer contacted back to her, and her issues is resolved now and she is again able to use the free license version. Please help me in resolving the issue.

• Dipanjan
    Dipanjan Posts: 2 ✭✭

I am facing the exact same issue. Has it been resolved?

• Stolaine
    Stolaine Posts: 1

Hello Team,

@AlenaC 

I have been using TeamViewer for more than a year for my personal needs.

Now I am getting treated as a commercial user, however I am using it only for personal use. How to solve this?

Please help.

• Hi,

I have had this issue since march 2020 and contacted support. I did get a e-mail about pardoning with a form. I filled it out and sent it back, but no answer.  See below.

Anyone have an idea of what i can do? I strictly use teamviewer for accessing my NAS on both home and away server.

Pardoning emailPardoning email

• Ccdrogan
    Ccdrogan Posts: 2 ✭✭

Background:
    My brother is a quadriplegic in a nursing home many states away from me. Often he needs me to log onto his computer to do things such as restart his dragon naturally speaking sofware etc... I DO NOT USE THIS COMERCIALLY. 

Now whenever I attempt to log onto his computer I get the following:

"it seems there might be a licensing problem with your connection partner. connecting to this device requires a valid teamviewer license for you or your connection partner"

It then allows me to log on and boots me after about 30 seconds.

This is making it impossible to maintain my brothers ONLY connection to the outside world as he is in a nursing home, not allowed visitors due to COVID19.

Please help!

• Awesome thank you, I'll try that out a report back.

• I've been using TeamViewer Free for only one purpose since I started using it:  To help my mother who lives permanently at a rehabilitation and health center ("nursing home").  Today for the first time I had a pop-up appear stating "commercial use suspected".  This is not commercial use.  My mom has had 5 strokes and this is how I can help her keep connected to me and my 2 sisters - especially  Please help me to ensure this pop-up doesnt eventually block my ability to help my mom, Maria, 89 YO.  Thanks  ~Gabe

• Morenicano
    Morenicano Posts: 1

I just started getting this same thing today and I'm not using this for commercial use.  I just recently even started using this again to help my mom setup her new phone.  I keep getting disconnected and then I try to connect and it says I'm blocked because of my license type.

• Same problem here, having this problem since last week...

• I usually use to fix my parents computer and smartphone. When I use my smartphone to remote fix theirs devices, the message doesn't appears. The problem is only in my laptop (i'm from Brazil)

• I support my mom's remote computer and have used teamviewer for some time.  Recently (last two months)?  I can't access at all.  When I access her computer - I am thrown out immediately (less than 2 seconds) and then blocked for several minutes.  I wait until I'm unblocked, then try again unsuccessfully.  Apparently with my free teamviewer there is no support so I can't file ticket.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Hello, I'm unable to use Teamviewer because it's showing "COMMERCIAL USE SUSPECTED" when i'm trying to connect with my Friend Laptop, Please help me i'm not using teamviewer with many computers, i'm just connecting my teamviewer with my 1 friend to Learn and Study.
    My exams is near and this time it's showing this error, please help me..
    I do not have any commercial use, i'm using it as personal use.

I have tried to contact support but on Phone number they are saying the phone support is not available for free version, and i tried to find Email Id but no where i can found the support Email ID, 

Please Help me, What i have to do now.

• Facing the same problem here since today...

I am a student. I am using it for personal purpose. Please help me ..... how to sort out this problem.....

team.PNG

• Facing the same problem here since today.

I am a student. I am using it for personal purpose. Please help me to sort out this problem.team.PNG

• Dear TeamViewer customer support,

When connecting to my remote PC through TeamViewer, the window "commercial use detected" opens.

I actually work as a researcher at the university.

Could you please help with setting the usage back to private.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Best regards.

Could you plese