Looking for tech info

So some scammer used this program to remotely access my unsuspecting mother's laptop. I dont know if the clown has a paid account, or not.

Is an account required to do this?
Are there log files saved anywhere on the remote system, ie: on this laptop.

I'm looking for anything I might be able to trace on this computer.

Thanks.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• FF33
    FF33 Posts: 2
    Thanks Yuri.

I believe I found the offending User ID and Username in a log file, I am not with the system so I cant provide it all at the moment but I will report it to the link you provided. Its a 9 digit number and a person's name (that I know but I will not type in here).

I've scanned over the system and removed a lot of stuff but so far I think the person was somewhat less skilled so there was not a lot done and a lot of bread crumbs left behind. All information on there as far as passwords and banks have all been changed and contacted. In the process of securing everything before I proceed any further.
  • Yuri_T
    Yuri_T Posts: 2,256 [Former Staff]

Hi @FF33,

Thank you for your reply ?

I am glad to hear that you have managed the situation carefully and well. Also it's perfect that you have changed passwords.

You may already know but just to make sure, please also change the TeamViewer password for incoming connections both for the random password and your password for unattended access for your family's safety ?

How to change the random password: 

If you would like to change the random password manually you can hover with the mouse over the password field and a circle-arrow appears. Click the arrow and choose to create new random password.random password 1.png

How to change your password for unattended access:

The personal password is a password defined by you. If you enter a password, you will be able to use that password anytime in place of the randomly generated temporary password to access this computer (unattended access). 

Under Extras --> Options --> Security--> Under Personal password (for unattended access) --> Password --> Type in your password --> Confirm password  Repeat your chosen password to confirm it --> click OK

The password you are choosing will never be visible to you or anybody else. Instead of the password, you will see black dots. 

You can remove the password by deleting the black dots. unattended password.png

Thanks and stay safe,
    Yuri

Former Japanese Community Moderator