remote teamviewer offline

Hello

Last august I installed teamviewer for personal use on a small win10 fanless PC. It is (should be) h24 on and is configured to autorestart on power failure. Teamviewer on that PC is configured to mantain the same id and I access it via password.

Sometimes I connect to it just to check and set security cameras installed locally. Cameras are connected to a 4G router and can be reached from the web, but some settings are possible only by a local client, installed also on the fanless pc.

Some days ago teamviewer started to fail connection. It says that remote PC is offline. Is there anything I can do to check what's happened without going there? I can't go there until next easter, unfortunately.

Thank you for your help

Alberto

Tagged:

Comments

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @cameramaniac,

Thank you for your message and welcome to the TeamViewer Community! ?

Unfortunately, there is no way to check what is happening on the other side if TeamViewer sees the devices as offline. The device might actually be offline and would have to be started manually by someone.

I hope you will get this running up again soon! ?

Best regards

Jean 

Community Manager

• cameramaniac
    cameramaniac Posts: 3 ✭✭

OK, thank you JeanK

I'm actually hoping that a short power failure occurrs there, as in that case the fanless PC would restart and hopefully timeviewer also would do.

at the moment nothing happened, though

• cameramaniac
    cameramaniac Posts: 3 ✭✭

it happened!

I just found remote PC connected!

now I added a scheduled task to win10 to restart PC every week

actually I don't know why timeviewer went offline, though, because it was the main issue