Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• I have a similar issue but I am retired so all I do is assist my sisters who live in other states and get the warning then get shut-down.

• py930828
    py930828 Posts: 0

Hi, I have an account being locked by commercial use, I only use it to manage my parents computer, I submitted reset request on teamviewer site but it's being two months with no response, please help, thank you very much.

• jagilbert18
    jagilbert18 Posts: 1

I am having the same issue. I play by the free version rules. They have alternately locked out my 91-year-old mother's account and mine. I just attempted to reactivate both, but the site won't accept the PDF; it spins for a while and then says "error."

• Exact same issue for me. I have been trying all day to get the reactivation site to work, but when I fill out the information and click to generate the PDF, it says "Your session gets updated, please wait" and after about 30 seconds or so comes back and says "error". This is very irritating because I'm trying to remotely help a family member with PC problems. Not sure if it has anything to do with me using a VPN, but I never had this issue before.

• parentalsupport
    parentalsupport Posts: 4 ✭✭

Folks you probably want to look at this instead https://community.teamviewer.com/English/discussion/8284/teamviewer-thinks-i-m-using-the-software-commercially#latest

This thread will get merged away.

• Thw0rted
    Thw0rted Posts: 14 ✭✭

I just looked at my post history, and apparently it took just over 2 weeks between when I submitted my form in mid-summer and when the affected PC started working again. I got an email notification about it something like 6 weeks (!!!) later, but it was actually working long before that.

Just a reminder to the previous few pages of posters: the free version of TV has no way to get human support from the company, they just direct you here to the forum. But us fellow users in the forum have no way to fix your "commercial use" flag, only the company can do that. Yes, this means that once you're marked for commercial use, you get in a line -- the getting-in-line process can be a bit buggy, and you can't see how long it is -- then eventually you get to the front of that line and they (maybe) fix it.

If this sounds like a good fit for your usage of the software -- it could break at any time, and the only way to fix it is to subscribe to a pretty expensive monthly service so you can talk to a human about your problem -- then stick with it. I only use it for convenience around the house, so I'm still here. If that's not a good fit, if you're supporting an elderly user stuck at home (or you are that elderly user), there are a wide variety of other remote-access programs, none of which we are allowed to mention here, which may suit you better.

• Debbie_Todd
    Debbie_Todd Posts: 0
    edited July 2022

How do i confirm that my use is personal and not commercial?

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager
    edited December 2020

Hi @Debbie_Todd

You can fill out the form on teamviewer.com/reset

For more information please check out this post: https://community.teamviewer.com/English/discussion/94784/thank-you-for-playing-fair

Thanks,

Esther

Former Community Manager

• PatriciaRoma
    PatriciaRoma Posts: 0
    edited December 2020

Hola!

He actualizado TeamViewer en todos los disposistivos y cuando voy a conectarme me manda siempre el mensaje "No es posible establecer la conexión. No ha podido establecerse la conexión. Razón desconocida. Aceptar"

Qué puedo hacer??

Tengo la versión gratutita.

Gracias!

• KarlaR
    KarlaR Posts: 160 [Former Staff]

Hola @PatriciaRoma

Bienvenida a la Comunidad de TeamViewer!🎉

Muchas gracias por escribirnos, por favor verifica la conexión en los dos dispositivos (5938, *.teamviewer.com) y trata de reiniciar TV en ambos lados. Hemos encontrado que esto ha ayudado a nuestros usuarios cuando tienen problemas de conexión.

Por favor déjanos saber si pudiste solucionarlo. 🍀

Un saludo,

Karla

Spanish Community Moderator
  • I have tried several times to reset my account using the link https://www.teamviewer.com/en/reset-management/

When I upload the file that is 80kb (under the 3mb limit)

I get an error at the end of the process:

• Hybr13
    Hybr13 Posts: 0

I just moved mid year 2020. Since I moved, I tried using team viewer today for the first time since I moved. When attempting to remote into my desktop from my phone, a pop-up saying something along the lines of Commercial Use Detected notified me. Then said I was blocked from remoting in. I tried contacting customer support via phone but apparently you have to be a licensed customer to use phone support. I tried submitting a ticket and it's the same thing. So I'm posting here. How do I go about this situation? I only use TeamViewer for personal use. I would never use TeamViewer commercial without paying for a license. I really like what TeamViewer provides but this is a real bummer. Please help.

• sbwesq
    sbwesq Posts: 1

I have the exact same issue. I connected and the was kicked off within ten seconds. Then I was accused of commercial use and blocked from reconnecting.

• kkolanch
    kkolanch Posts: 0

I am only supporting my 90 year old Dad and my retired sister. I filled out the form 10/26/2020, November 2020 and 12/2/2020. I am not really getting any response. I have followed the reset directions ,to no avail.

• dvarner
    dvarner Posts: 1
    edited December 2020

I am am an Air Force Veteran and live in a double-wide senior community. I help a few neighbors with printers and email and other computer problems without pay.

I have been using teamviewer for over 10 years in this capacity. Never for commercial use.

About 2 weeks ago I submitted a form like this and with the 2 computers I use were granted non-commercial use. A couple of days ago I was flagged for commercial use. My Use has not changed.

My computer ID are: [The personal information has been removed.]

Please allow me to use teamviewer.

Thank you,

Donald Varner

[The personal information has been removed.]

• Teamviewer is telling me that I am using the software for commercial purposes. I am not. I only use it to control my parents computer. How do I reset the permission?

• Onepocket
    Onepocket Posts: 0

I can no longer use my teamviewer as it's asking for a licensed version even though I only utilize the free personal functionality. How can I fix this ?

• midnight_runner
    midnight_runner Posts: 1
    edited December 2020

You can follow their process at this link to legitimize your personal use license.

For me the web form would not generate the .pdf in Chrome so I had to use Firefox and try again several times as I was getting a "Bad Gateway" error past the access granting step.

Then to wait 2 days (we'll see if it's really 2 days) after submitting the form to them.

I'm hoping it will work for you.

• justincc87
    justincc87 Posts: 0

I need help with my account. I was accused of commercial use on my personal Linux laptop.

I've had team viewer installed on it for years and didn't have an issue up until the past couple weeks. I'm not really sure what would cause teamviewer to think my computer is being used for business use but can someone at teamviewer get this corrected?

I'm sure this post will probably be directed to the proper channel and that's partially what I'm hoping for. Someone please help.

• This has happened a while back and it was not too difficult to get it resolved. I cannot find a way to get this resolved. I DO NOT use this in a commercial environment. How can this be fixed permanently?

I use TeamViewer on two computers. My desktop, at home, and my laptop when I am away from home.

• So i tried to use TeamViewer to connect to a machine on my own network and it immediately said i was using this account for commercial use? Is there a auto detection that if a machine has a Xeon processor it thinks its for commercial use even though its for my personal use?

• Paul126
    Paul126 Posts: 0

How do I go back to my free account I keep getting booted

• gwhit
    gwhit Posts: 1
    edited December 2020

When there has been no activity at all? I tried last week and got this message. Waiting until today and got it again. Has TV removed personal accounts now? I've had TV for many years to help my family with computer issues and now at 71 years old, I only help my wife when she is upstairs on her computer so I don't have to walk up the steps. I know that may sound silly, but only because whoever is reading this is probably not 71!

If TV is not going to allow me to access TV anymore, please tell me so I can go find another way. I used to use **Thirs Party Product** until I discovered TV years ago. I don't know if they are still around, but I would rather continue with TV, so please let me know? [personal information removed]. Thank you so much. George.

• Same here 😠

• jorgecrony
    jorgecrony Posts: 0

After filling out the PDF with 8 Teamviewer ID's at this link https://www.teamviewer.com/en/reset-management/ I'm presented with "Gateway Timeout" See attached screen grab. It's happen 3 times in a row. getting tired of repeatedly filling out the same info and getting this result.

Any help is appreciated.

• Dear Sirs

I'd like to claim that my TeamViewer account is suspected as Commercial, however I'm using it only to access a couple of my own devices and my parents' PCs. I can prove it by providing all the necessary data about each device. Waiting for your comments. Thank You!

• Caseycan
    Caseycan Posts: 1

My account is also suspected of commercial use and I clicked on for personal use only. I cannot connect with my Sister's computer to help her. What should or can be done about this? Thank you!

• Chris8119
    Chris8119 Posts: 0

I keep having my Teamviewer get locked out due to "Commercial Use Detected." I'm not sure why this is happening as I am not connecting to any "commercial devices" such as computers joined to a domain.

I do sometimes connect from a domain-joined computer (say if I'm at work to connect to my home computer). It seems like the issues with "Commercial Use Detected" start occurring after this type of connection.

I put in a request to have this reversed late this summer, and it was approved and I was fine until a few weeks ago where I once again received the same Commercial Use Detected message. I filled out the online form on Teamviewer's website to request my account to be cleared of this incorrect classification, but I have not heard anything in weeks and am unable to connect to any of my TeamViewer computers.

Any thoughts on how I can get this addressed?

• Buen dia

Podrian ayudarme para que mi conexion dure mas tiempo, me esta detectando de uso comercial cuando solo lo uso domestico.

• KarlaR
    KarlaR Posts: 160 [Former Staff]

Hola @js43952

Gracias por contactarnos en la comunidad de TeamViewer!

Lamentamos que hayas experimentado esta situación. Puede haber casos en los que TeamViewer detecte incorrectamente el uso como comercial en algunos dispositivos. Para saber por qué algunos dispositivos pueden ser marcados como de uso comercial y el uso de sus conexiones se vea limitado, por favor visita nuestro artículo en la Comunidad, aquí además podrás encontrar el enlace para solicitar el reseteo de tu Id.

Apreciamos tu paciencia durante este proceso. 

Un saludo,

Karla

Spanish Community Moderator