Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• it says i timed out within a minute of connection. did a reinstall and set up, but that didnt help

• hello im using this to manage my kids pc's but its telling me im using it for business? what do i do?

• Hi everyone,

I've been using TeamViewer for several years. I only use it for private use to control 2 systems in my house, and my dad's laptop from far. However recently, my experience has changed a lot.

Nowadays I often immediately get disconnected when trying to connect to my dad's laptop with a "timed out" message, and when attempting to connect again I get a message stating that my license limits my connections and I must wait at least 1 minute before connecting again. But this is happening on my first connection. If the connection does go through, it lasts less than a minute before "timing out" again. Internet connection from both points is fine. It's not a firewall issue either as when I use internal IP to connect to my in-house systems the issue does not occur. Unattended access was previously established on my dad's laptop and my systems so unless something related to this has changed then I don't think that is the issue either.

What I believe is happening is somehow my account is being interpreted as a free account attempting to be used for commercial purposes when it is not. And looking up solutions for this, it seems that only support can assist with this request.

At your earliest convenience, please let me know if there is any additional information that I can provide that might assist with this request.

Thank you very much for your time.

• TekMrk
    TekMrk Posts: 9 ✭✭

In July of 2019 I received the "Commercial Use Suspected" message and I filled out the requested "Personal Use Verification" form. Within a couple weeks received an email that my ID was successfully reset.

Then again at the end of Summer 2020 I went through the same process which was very surprising because I know for a fact that I'm using the product less frequently and on less PCs. But again, I filled out the "Personal Use Verification" form and received an email back sometime later indicating that it my ID was successfully reset.

However, while I no longer receive the "Commercial Use Suspected" message, ALL of my sessions last for less than 2 minutes and disconnect without any message being given to me. What is even more odd, when I connect from in house PC to PC (on the same network), everything works fine both here at my girlfriend's house and at my home network in another town, BUT if I try to connect to my house from hers or vice versa (over the Internet) then the connections terminate at approximately the one minute mark. Please advise AND please HELP ME and thanks.

• Bluejanis
    Bluejanis Posts: 5 ✭✭

I think I had created that Thread. Weird that I cannot access it anymore.

• Bluejanis

TeamViewer seems to be dead? No bugfix and no support so far.

Have you guys tried alternatives? I'll try to set up RDP to my home pc, maybe that works more reliable than TV private.

• My connections started to timeout and don't allow immediate reconnections, but just repeats the same pattern. I submitted the info that was requested via teamviewer web pertaining to personal accounts being mis-flagged as commercial. But it still does the same thing weeks later. I'd like to keep teamviewer since I have some family already set up.

I was just looking for advice.

• I'm having the same issue! I faced it two years ago and via email to Teamviewer they fixed this issue. Now it is happening again and there is no way to contact support to ask them to fix my account. Do they not want us using TV if we don't have a commercial account?

• Shineman
    Shineman Posts: 1

I'm having the exact same issue. Sent an email a year ago and they let me start using it again and now back to being shut down. I resent the email and they just don't respond. I use this to help my mom and uncle who are in their 80's and don't understand how they flag that as commercial as I only use it a few times a month. Really frustrating! Does anyone have any ideas on how to reach a person over there?

• Maguch655
    Maguch655 Posts: 0

I use TeamViewer for accessing my own computer and to help my 87yr old dad with his personal computer issues and never receive any compensation for what I do. 

My dad recently changed internet providers and has a new computer. His TeamViewer ID hasn't changed but his public IP has as well as the computer is new. I want to prevent myself from getting flagged for commercial use. I have filled out TeamViewer's form with user ID's for all of the PCs which I connect to. Is there anything else I need to do to prevent being flagged for commercial use again?

• KevinOD
    KevinOD Posts: 0

My sessions are timing out at 1:44 and under. What could be causing this ?

• rdurost
    rdurost Posts: 5 ✭✭

NOTE: TeamViewer deleted this Discussion without answering or solving it, so I am re-posting!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm a retired computer support professional. Since I retired, I have been providing free support to my friends and relatives, using Teamviewer.

I have been doing this for several years, and one of the most common problems I encounter is that I can connect, but a short time later I get the message "your Teamviewer session has timed out and will be closed." That's ALL the message says, so I have no clue why this happens.

In the current case, this friend hadn't called me for a while, and she didn't show up in my Computers & Contacts list. I have her give me the numerical ID that shows up on her end under "Your ID," and I enter it on my end under "Partner ID." I can then connect to her machine using EITHER 1) the personal password I set up for her ages ago, OR 2) the temporary random password she sees on her end.

When I use the personalized password the machine remains successfully connected for roughly 15 seconds before I am disconnected as described. When I use the temporary password, I seem to get disconnected almost immediately, still with no explanation.

I talked the user through 1) checking for updates to Teamviewer (none), then 2) Assigning the computer to my Teamviewer account. Once we did that, I got the confirmation e-mail at my end and clicked the button to add the device to my Trusted list. She now shows up on my list of Computers and Contacts, and after I connected again she even shows up on the Recent Connections list, but the connection still times out!

If anybody can help, I'd be extremely grateful. I've already torn out most of my remaining hair over this!

Richard

• I have to hope that my first thread was not deleted intentionally. It would make this issue all the more sus.

Recently when helping my dad, the connection was terminated and put on a cooldown timer. Then allow me to connect, then do the same thing over again. It appeared I was flagged as commercial user. I submitted the paperwork to teamviewer stating my use was personal. Note: I use it like 2 times a month.

After weeks of waiting, I still have no idea what is wrong. Any advice would be nice.

• TekMrk

In July of 2019 I received the "Commercial Use Suspected" message and I filled out the requested "Personal Use Verification" form. Within a couple weeks received an email that my ID was successfully reset.

Then again at the end of Summer 2020 I went through the same process which was very surprising because I know for a fact that I'm using the product less frequently and on less PCs. But again, I filled out the "Personal Use Verification" form and received an email back sometime later indicating that my ID was successfully reset.

However, while I no longer receive the "Commercial Use Suspected" message, ALL of my Internet sessions last for less than 2 minutes and disconnect without any message being given to me. What is even more odd, when I connect from in house PC to PC (on the same network), everything works fine both here at my girlfriend's house and at my home network in another town, BUT if I try to connect to my house from hers or vice versa (over the Internet) then the connections terminate at approximately the one minute mark. Please advise AND please HELP ME and thanks in advance.

• TekMrk

Same here and I left my, possibly deleted post, last night as well. Kind of strange. Makes me wonder if something is malfunctioning with the discussion system. Good luck to you.

• TekMrk

I am being disconnected as well BUT now without any informative message as to the reason why. Very weird. Sort of like the weirdness of: Why are posts like mine that reference a 0ne-minute disconnect being deleted? Is some rule being broken by asking these questions?

• TekMrk

Hi Esther,

I've spent considerable time reviewing this forum (including reading the 11 minute document: "Thank you for playing fair") because my problem is similar to other people's problems, however it is NOT, AND I repeat NOT the "commercial use suspected" (CUS -I'll abbreviated it) issue any longer. I promise you it is different than that. I had that issue in July 2019 and it was resolved as directed. NOW, or I should say, Back in December 2020, after submitting my form, I received the email saying that my ID was reset...GREAT!!! What happens now is I am disconnected by a couple seconds shy of ONE MINUTE (I timed it several times now for over a month) and there is ZERO messages as to why before, during, or after my session. I am certain that it is a different issue than CUS and I can give a number of reasons why:

#1...No dialog box message --"commercial use suspected" (I'll call CUS) gave messages but now I receive nothing at all.

#2...It happens in under one minute --CUS was about 5 minutes.

#3...happens over the Internet only NOT on my home network PC-to-PC --CUS happened on both LAN or WAN.

Please help us all Esther. And thanks in advance for NOT mis-categorizing my message as "commercial use suspected" which it is not.

• So it appears that my posts are being deleted by just asking about how to address my personal account that keeps getting flagged as commercial. If I got an answer instead, that would be nicer

I sent in the documentation to claim the account as personal yet it still just times out and makes me reconnect, then times out, and so on.

What should I do about this?

• Anyone have any insight to fixing a personal use account that has been flagged as commercial. I submitted my paperwork but it's still timing me out when I try to help my dad. I only use the app like 2 times a month, if that.

I have not heard from anyone with feedback saying why or if it was rejected. Also, this is the fourth post, that just gets deleted. No reason given or even know if it's intentional etc.

Looking for advice.

• OctavioMasomenos
    OctavioMasomenos Posts: 0
    edited January 2021

After I connect to a remote host, I get kicked out after approx 30 seconds and a message pops up saying something like there's a limited duration for my account type. (30 seconds?!) If I try to reconnect, it tells me I won't be able to reconnect until [time] - which is like 1 minute. But it won't let me reconnect at that time. I have to wait 5-10 minutes. Then when I reconnect, I get kicked out again after 30 seconds. VERY FRUSTRATING. Anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it?

I'm using TeamViewer version 15.13.6 (so was the remote host) but this was happening on the previous version I had (15.9.?) My OS is Linux Mint 20 (Xfce 64 bit)

• SuperMC
    SuperMC Posts: 1

I am having the same experience.

• In the last few months, I cannot access my wife's computer in the next room. What has changed?

• I keep getting that message

• LoriOrtonville
    LoriOrtonville Posts: 0
    edited January 2021

I have the free version and only use it 3-4 times a year. Today it would not let me connect and giving a message my license is expired

• SSSteven4
    SSSteven4 Posts: 2 ✭✭

I have been using teamviewer for a long time, and it works great. However lately my connections are cut off in about 1-2 minutes and then I get a message saying i cannot reconnect.

Why does the program cut me off, what can I do to fix it?

I get an error message that says your teamviewer session has timed out and will be closed"

I was only connected 1 minute.

The next screen says " This was a free session sponsored by www.teamviewer.com . Teamviewer sessions are free of charge for personal use. Thank you for playing fair!"

Well i am using this completely for personal use so I don't understand what's going on.

• Bluejanis

TekMrk summarized the situation pretty well.

I want to add 2 more details. Even when you close the teamviewer session yourself before getting kicked, you get a temporary ban for no reason.

I recently changed time zones and encountered the problem afterwards. Maybe teamviewer saves this info wrong and now got hickups?

• b_broody1
    b_broody1 Posts: 2 ✭✭

I have asked several times and have not received an answer I use Team Viewer for personal use only with 1 friend. When I sign on within 2 minutes I am shut down. Months ago I got the commercial use message and took the necessary steps and that was corrected, but since then I can not use team view at all.

• TekMrk

Wow Bluejanis! I think that you may be on to something. I believe that my issue had started around the time when daylight savings time changed. Maybe something to look into.

• ShiTai
    ShiTai Posts: 1

I have not used TeamViewer for several years, but due to the pandemic and the inability to physically reach pc's, I would like to ask a few questions:

Is my TeamViewer account still valid?

Is there a limit on the number of computers for non-commercial use?

(Assumes use on about 10 computers - home computers at home and computers of my parents and wife's parents).

What to do if I receive a message that I use the TeamViewer for commercial purposes, but in fact use it only for non-commercial purposes - i.e. without making a profit (helping parents and relatives)?

(I had bad experience before)

Thank you in advance for your prompt reply.

• Farmer_Doug_
    Farmer_Doug_ Posts: 1
    edited January 2021

Hello JeanK

Sorry for the long delay - I thought I would (somehow) receive an email that my question had a response.

Anyway, "My" TeamViewer connects with the other computer and all is well - for about a minute or so, then it times out

Screen shot also shows second monitor - sorry about that. I have had no problem in the past, this is a recent phenomenon.

I do help several older (mostly older than I, and I am 74) friends, but it is a volunteer situation, not a paid service.

Does TeamViewer "think" I am using this for commercial use? If so, how do I reset my version to "free, non-commercial" use?

I will try to remember how I got here, or my email is **Information removed as per Community Guidelines**.

Thanks