Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• netbids
    netbids Posts: 0

Listen up everyone! There are hundreds of posts here about the "commercial use detected" issue that has prevented us all from using the free version of Teamviewer. Unfortunately, posting such comments here is a total waste of time. So, please STOP! But what's an even worse waste of time is submitting the official form to the support team at Teamviewer with a request for them to reset your account back to "non-commercial use." I know this is a waste of time because I did this way back in September of last year after Teamviewer started giving me the "commercial use detected" messages and prevented me from using Teamviewer for more than a minute at a time. When Teamviewer declined my request---even though I had explained to them that I only use Teamviewer to provide occasional computer assistance to my 83-year old mother who lives 2000 miles away from me and also to occasionally connect to another personal computer on my home network---I even went to the trouble of printing, filling out, and emailing Teamviewer's "Private Use" form to them last November but STILL haven't heard back from them with notice informing me that my account is no longer in the "commercial use detected" category. So, I don't know what the problem is with Teamviewer's support team, but it's looking more and more like they are being very hypocritical about their claim that Teamviewer is free for personal use.

• smile_at_me
    smile_at_me Posts: 0

I see no point in asking us to stop posting here about the misbehaviour of the TeamViewer free license. I thought this thread was created for that purpose?

• BenLomax
    BenLomax Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hello there,

Same for me, i'm using free account for family support from ages via TW, and first time see this messages.

Regards.

• DeCodeR
    DeCodeR Posts: 0
    edited February 2021

Dear sir or madam, 

After update to version 15.15 on my MacBook switched on 5min. time limit sessions am use long time Teamviewer only for my 2 laptop in my private house, please come back my non-commercial license

My ID: **Do not post TeamViewer IDs**

email: **Please do not post email addresses**

Best regards, Hennadii

• realserega
    realserega Posts: 0
    edited February 2021

my friend id **Please do not post TeamViewer IDs**

• Betelgeuse
    Betelgeuse Posts: 8 ✭✭

This is NOT a question of "commercial use detected"!!

Please read what people are writing before enter stupid posts!

• netbids

Did you read the OP on page one of this entire discussion? Here's a quote from that post from the person who created this forum topic:

"Please be aware that this is NOT an issue that can be resolved in the community. Posting messages about commercial usage will not help to get the reset. For getting a reset you need to fill out the form."

• netbids

Really? Did you read the title of this thread? I don't care what people are writing. I've read dozens of their posts already, and most of them say the same thing and make the same complaints. I have an even bigger complaint that I explained in my post, which is that the TV support team is not doing its job to reset accounts that are being incorrectly flagged as "commercial use" as mine was last August.

• mbacklund
    mbacklund Posts: 9 ✭✭

They have merged two threads to this one. The other one was titled commercial use and the other one was this connection timeout.

• Zorkiii
    Zorkiii Posts: 1

what should I do if the system believes that I am using the program for commercial purposes? I've been using it for a long time mostly connecting to my home PC

• Efe
    Efe Posts: 6 ✭✭

latest timeout problem isn't related to commercial usage FFS! and they migrated those to this thread lmao, I'm done, gonna use another program for my home network

• Battousai124
    Battousai124 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited April 2021

I don't even have a message that says "Commercial use detected", I just get the **bleep** timeout after about a minute, then telling me I cant reconnect, with absolutely no recourse, solution or even a hint of a hint of a reason why...

• Battousai124
    Battousai124 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited February 2021

They keep removing any mentions, but I read Efe's post quick enough to have seen what he posted.

[removed per Community Guidelines]

A curious development, I just used TeamViewer and was able to have it hold out for longer than less than a minute, after a couple of minutes i had to terminate the connection manually, because it was turning all other audio down, now I have to find how to turn that off...

• Casi17
    Casi17 Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited February 2021

😫

• ComonFFS
    ComonFFS Posts: 1

Why do i keep getting message about connection timeout and get disconnected when trying to access my remote computer?

• Felis1_Chordata
    Felis1_Chordata Posts: 2 ✭✭

After a 25 February update of my TeamViewer/Free Licence, I can still access the remote computer but I am logged out after about 30 seconds, and will get a message that "Your TeamViewer session has timed out and will be closed". Then it will not allow me to reconnect for a couple of minutes. This seems to be some bug. Any advise on how to resolve the problem?

• Lith
    Lith Posts: 16 ✭✭

I have exact same problem and if I try to connect again i will get new msg I timed out and will be blocked for 1 minute.

If restart app, you will get 30 more seconds...then timeout again.

• t177aa
    t177aa Posts: 0

Same here, exactly 57 seconds. According to an older post in a blog from Aug. 2018, the reason behind this is that users are flagged as commercial. Don't know why - in my case, I am for sure not a commercial user., I only access from my own laptop my home PC when I am on the road. If TV can't change this, I am probably out - after several years being a happy user of TV.

• Lith

"According to an older post in a blog from Aug. 2018, the reason behind this is that users are flagged as commercial"

This is not the issue here and users dont get that message. We get a message about TIMEOUT, not about anything detected or any commercial suspicions. The forum staff merged 2 different threads for some reason which made this very confusing. This issue is NOT related to commercial use, its a bug introduced in the 25 feb update which makes the free users timeout.

• Lith
    edited February 2021

After a 25 February update of TeamViewer, Free Licence users will be logged out after about 30 seconds when connecting to any other computer. The user will get a message that says "Your TeamViewer session has timed out and will be closed". You will then be blocked from reconnecting for a couple of minutes.

If you try again after a while or restart client, you will once again get the same timeout and block.

This is obviously a bug and has been reported in several threads, but the forum moderators seems to ignore the problem and instead merge these threads with "commercial use thread".

The reason behind this "timeout" is NOT that users are flagged as commercial. This issue is NOT related to commercial use. Thats not the issue here and users dont get that message. We get a message about TIMEOUT, not about anything detected or any commercial suspicions.

Forum moderators, stop merging threads. You are just confusing people.

Some response from the dev team would be nice and a ETA of a fix?

• Efe
    Efe Posts: 6 ✭✭

This thread will be merged as well lol

• I am encountering this issue as well.

It is proving impossible to provide support to my mother as a result.

TeamViewer - Please work on addressing the bug.

• BenLomax
    BenLomax Posts: 2 ✭✭

Same here...

• Diablomania
    Diablomania Posts: 1

Hello. There is some mistake about one of my PC. I'm not using it for commercial, but I got limits. Can you help me pls?

• Lith

Yeah, seriously. These moderators are completely stupid. There is no logic, no thought.

0 Hopes of this company to solve this issue anytime soon with this method.

You can merge me to now. GL

• aihab
    aihab Posts: 0

im a free user and i use TV to help friends and family sometime with their issues , recently i just get disconected after 1 minute with TV prompting me that its commercial use and that i reached my limit

• Boti
    Boti Posts: 0

i have the same issue, what is the solve

• decop
    decop Posts: 8 ✭✭

Hello !

the connection lasts 1 minute then ejection with message:

Connection blocked after expiration of response time.

Your license limits the maximum duration.

Reinstalling the program does not fix anything

thank you for your collaboration

• Verena73
    Verena73 Posts: 2 ✭✭

I have the same problem!

• user1234
    user1234 Posts: 0

Have same issue i cant connect to my home server anymore and when i manage i get booted almost instantly