Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• mbacklund
    mbacklund Posts: 9 ✭✭

FFS! On my phone it says "commercial use detected" and on PC it says connection timed out. With either one of them, connection times out after 59 seconds and then it blocks further connections for a while.

I sent the reset documentation and I got a response that it has been reset, BUT NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE. STILL THE SAME!

FIX THIS ALREADY!!

• KanczlerTomi
    KanczlerTomi Posts: 1

Hello

I'm an engineering student of Budapest Technology and Economics University and I use TeamViewer for my thesis work. I connect to a PC at one of the departments of the Uni. Unfortunately, TeamViewer doesn't allow further use of my free license. Can you help me?

Thanks!!

• Whenever I try to use my teamviewer license it kicks me out after 3 minutes with a message that commercial use is detected.

I have a free license for my personal computer that I access from my phone when required. It happens a few if any times a month. Why does it suddenly say I use it commercially and shut down the connection? How do I fix this?

I don't find any way to open a ticket towards support with this issue.

• My wife and I are free Team Viewer users. She doesn't remember her password, and we've tried the forgot password process through the management consul. We can get as far as the message displaying that the password request has been sent, but she is not receiving the password reset emails in her inbox. I've checked to see if possibly the password email got sent to another folder, and that wasn't the case. I know the email works as she received email messages both before and after I had submitted the request. Her computer is connected to the internet. We have the Windows 10 operating system. Any ideas on how to reset the Team Viewer password, and how to get the password reset email to be sent to her inbox. It's entirely possible we may just have to try to create a new account, and that is why she isn't receiving the emails. She said she did have an account. We may try that angle as well. Thanks in advance for any assistance you may be able to provide.

• Timiszi92
    Timiszi92 Posts: 0

I use your free services for personal use, without any financial compensation, but today I got a notification, that my connection is blocked. Let meg know if I did something wrong.

I’d like to ask, if you could help me out, so I don't get blocked all the time?

Thank you very much!

• kfjeldsted
    kfjeldsted Posts: 8 ✭✭

I have used TeamViewer for private purposes for many years.

Recently I get kicked out after few minutes of use, and I get the message:

"The connection has been blocked after timeout.

Your license limits the maximal length of a session with a partner. (etc.)"

What is going on? The maximal length of a session can hardly be 2 minutes.

This is terrible. I am using TeamViever for helping a 95 years old woman with her computer.

She needs my help in order to keep contact with others in these Corona times.

What can I do?

Greetings from Denmark,

Knud

• Artzox
    Artzox Posts: 1

I opened a separate thread for this, but yeah having the same issue as everyone else.

Not getting a message for commercial use, just being disconnected.

Please investigate the issue and fix it.

• belop
    belop Posts: 0

Hi i get a timeout when i try to connect to My PC. Any help?

• Betelgeuse
    Betelgeuse Posts: 8 ✭✭

I tried an older version of version 15 with the same result.

Funny thing is it works from a mobile. It's sad they mess this good program up for us free users, and still call it "free for personal use".

And worst thing they don't come out and explain.

• TeamViewer keeps on quitting every time I open it. It was not opening when I installed it by selecting 'Default Installation'. When installed by selecting 'Unattended access' option it is opening but keeps on quitting within 10secs of opening. I tried it with several versions.

• mbacklund

No point in making new threads either, they just merge them all to this one. I can't believe how non-existent the support is for free users. Looks like I'm being forced to go with another remote software because they can't seem to fix this issue.

• Freiwal
    Freiwal Posts: 1

because TeamViewer stopped my session with my Mother (96 years old) I got nervous and started clicking everywhere...

all of a sudden I was a "professional" user with a TeamViewer account. I only want a free version of TeamViewer and nothing more.

how do I reset or get rid of my TeamViewer account that I do not need at all.

I asked for a short telson support... but because I'm not a paying customer I was sent back into the digital jungle. Can someone help me out of this mess. My normal language ist German but I understand english.

• Hi guys,

I cannot connect to a specific computer. Keep seeing this message. I tried several times over the last few days. Sometimes I see this message right away when I try to connect and when I retry in 1, 2, 5 minutes it's still the same message and only the time changes. Sometimes though the connection goes through and breaks off in a few seconds and after that the message below.

Both computers have TeamViewer 15.15.5 (free), my OS is Windows 10. Everything worked fine about a week ago or so. I tried to connect to a different computer and it worked as well.

• maurymaury
    maurymaury Posts: 1
    edited March 2021

Hi

I am Maury

My account is Private please release it does not in a few seconds switches off

My TeamViewer ID **Do Not Post TeamViewer IDs**

Thanks

M. Maury

• mbacklund

Yeah, this started about a week ago for me also. I've posted several posts here and sent reset forms but it's still not working. They don't seem to care about customers who do not pay. Too bad, it hurts their reputation a lot more this way.

• Lexa80
    Lexa80 Posts: 0

After update few days ago, got same issue as described here - just disconnection after very short time period of use. Someone can recommend another tool for connection between home computers?

• Samse26
    Samse26 Posts: 11 ✭✭

After submitting a number of TV-IDs which I use for helping family, I received a confirmation email., that my IDs were ackonwledged as eligible for free private use. BTW - all these IDs worked fine for many months,.

But still today my connections time out after ~50 secs.

How can I get back to free use, as promised?

• kennethbruun
    kennethbruun Posts: 1
    edited March 2021

need help to unflag my private ipads teamviewer ID (**Do Not Post TeamViewer IDs**)

in july 2019, teamviewer removed the business tag for this, but this evening, they have unfortunately have tagged it again :(

can somebody help me to fix this ?

• klosz007
    klosz007 Posts: 0

Same thing happening to me recently. I can connect to a remote computer for say 30 seconds, then it's kicking me out because maximum connection time for my license was reached. When I try to connect again, it tells me I can connect until (in a minute or so). If I try to connect in that minute, it say I can connect in another minute and so on. I think something got broken at TeamViewer.

I have maybe 3-4 computers on my account, personal//completely non-commerical use.

• TTsekov
    TTsekov Posts: 1

I have two personal machines under my account. I need to monitor an application running on these two machines and sometimes I have to do this form the work computer.

Whenever I connect, I get about 30 seconds of access to them and after that Teamviewer closes the session and says I have reached a limit of personal use. And gives me a random back-off timer until I can reconnect for another 30 seconds.

I`m not a business, I just want to watch my machines from time to time and access to copy/paste files.

All two machines are under my account, along with the machine at my workplace.

Can someone advice or do I have to get my card out because I dare to have 3 machines under the account?

• Nanomaterials
    Nanomaterials Posts: 0

Hi

I use TeamViewer to connect to different computers in the lab at the university. So it is for non-commercial purposes.

But it sometimes suspects that I use it for commercial purposes and limits the connection time or blocks the connection (maybe because the receiving computer is named after the supplier company of our lab facilities).

How can I ask TeamViewer support to solve this issue? I cannot find any easy contact route directly to the support team.

Thanks

• I have an issue with my personal account. When I enter in a remote pc, after a few seconds teamviewer closes and says that the use is commercial. I uninstalled and re-installed but the problem persists from my pc.

• viktoriagimhim
    viktoriagimhim Posts: 2 ✭✭

I have the same problem

• soniarodri
    soniarodri Posts: 0

Hi,

Sessions from my laptop to my desktop keeps disconnecting every about 5 min with a timeout message, I have a non-commercial license.

Please advise.

Thanks

• bigchak
    bigchak Posts: 1
    edited March 2021

that's it I'm moving to [third party product]. I'm not spending 500 bucks a year for a private usage. I'd be happy to pay 20 or 50. If you don't want to adapt your business model you'll just lose customers.

The experience of being disconnected every 15 seconds this morning was the last one, i'm done.

• sflo
    sflo Posts: 1

I need some help, my home computer access is blocked saying that a commercial use is detected. I use teamviewer only for personal purpose...

Since I am thousands of kilometers above seas away from my home, you are getting my computer and personal data hostage !!! Please stop this aggressive commercial action so I can install another software and get rid of teamviewer... thank you...

• Hearth
    Hearth Posts: 0

Good Morning

Since this morning (yesterday I was connected at 18:00h. GTM + 1)

When I connect to my other computer in less than a minute he kicks me out, and I get a message saying

"Your TeamViewer session has timed out and is about to end"

When trying to connect again, I get the message

"Connection blocked because time limit has expired.

Your license limits the maximum duration of the session and blocks immediate reconnection. 
    Try again later or update your license.

Connections to this partner will be blocked until hh: mm."

Can you tell me what happens please?

• Matti_Kokenut_67
    Matti_Kokenut_67 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited March 2021

In Finland Windows 10 has the same problem too. I've been trying many things, but not succeeded. I have free version and I'm trying to help elderly relative. Please help. ( I used Windows 10 Quick Assist, but was not so easy get it through by explaining by phone to elderly)

My english is quite good, maybe I understood wrongly: but I got "warned" from Teamviewer moderator: This topic has already been answered here and we will go ahead and merge... and they are suggesting to me reactive my account for commercial use to private, but I DON'T GET THOSE COMMERCIAL USE MESSAGES, I THINK I HAVE DIFFERENT PROBLEM (maybe I'm wrong), it just kicks out in 10 seconds: Your Teamviewer has timed out.... 

But for few days I wait for good ideas, if I don't get then I try what Teamviewer moderator suggests.

• PaulusR
    PaulusR Posts: 0

Same here.

Before today no issues!

• Steen1
    Steen1 Posts: 0

I am being timed out of sessions after just a few seconds despite having a private licence. It has just started after using the program for months. I have tried to delete and download the program on both the computers on which I use the program. Any help to solve the program?