No remote sound

Options
Linistry
Linistry Posts: 1

Hello! Could you please let me know why I don't have sound on my Windows when I remotely controlling a Linux (Raspbian) desktop? I haven't found any configuration on the Linux system which is related to sound. Thank you in advance!

Best Answer

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,051 Former Community Manager
    edited April 2021 Answer ✓
    Options

As far as I know, are we currently not supporting Remote Sound on Linux Devices, but please subscribe to our Change Logs to get informed once we release a new version with this feature!

EDIT: TeamViewer supports Remote Sound on Linux devices for TeamViewer versions of 15.16 and higher. See this Change Log.

Former Community Manager

Answers

• Esther
    edited April 2021 Answer ✓
    Options

As far as I know, are we currently not supporting Remote Sound on Linux Devices, but please subscribe to our Change Logs to get informed once we release a new version with this feature!

EDIT: TeamViewer supports Remote Sound on Linux devices for TeamViewer versions of 15.16 and higher. See this Change Log.

Former Community Manager

• Renefisher
    Renefisher Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

This feature was working and it has stopped in recent builds I think if it wasn't supported it wouldn't have the option to use it ??

• Esther
    Options

Hi Rene, I apologize that I wrongly write "Windows" in my reply above I meant of course Linux devices. I already corrected it and I am likewise happy to announce that Remote Sound has been implemented meanwhile to Linux devices too. See our Change Log here.

What is the remote device you are connecting to?

Former Community Manager