teamviewer.com link icon
or
Ask The Community

Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• Rootdet
    Rootdet Posts: 0 Newbie

I am at a point i am looking for options and willing to pay along as they are not teamviewer. Every update comes with constant problems for these idiots, they have no clue what they are doing.

I run a good size IT Dept, and refuse to buy TV. What I see on the personal side such as constant auth issues, TV being down for connections, etc shows me they are drowning. So issues like this one on the personal side can, and in my case, is sinking them on the business side.

• ROXI
    ROXI Posts: 0 Newbie

I have the same problem and cannot login for any longer than one minute. I used TeamViewer yesterday and it worked fine. Extremely confused about what is going on here. Any help from TeamViewer on this yet?

• Also having the same problem. Looking at this happening to all of us at the same time I think they messed up their servers.... again..... like about a month ago when no one could remote into anything until they fixed it.

• eunsill
    eunsill Posts: 0

I'm having the same problem after restarting my computer recently.

• graybear
    graybear Posts: 0

Apart from the right complaints, is there a response from the team?

• t0ji
    t0ji Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited March 2021

Same here. Had to use **Third Party Product**.

• cdilliway
    cdilliway Posts: 0 Newbie

IS THERE A TEAMVIEWER STAFF/MODERATOR ANSWER TO THIS, does anyone know? xx

• MelJW
    MelJW Posts: 0 Newbie

Same problem here! I'm not using this for any commercial purpose; I'm a student using a remote PC. I'm using the same local machine and same remote machine as always, and this problem only appeared today. TeamViewer, what's going on?

• Tomek55_T
    Tomek55_T Posts: 0

My connection timed out after a few minutes for months, and now is every minute.

So, where is the answer for this problem.

• MrArt29
    MrArt29 Posts: 1 Newbie

I have a free account, 30 seconds for logging in to the second computer and disconnecting informing me about the end of the session. I have this software for private use and Do you know any ideas for fixing this software?

• Jnewell745
    Jnewell745 Posts: 2

Same for me. I use TeamViewer to transfer files between laptops in my home. Doesn't work any more. Guess I'll have to look for an alternative like a data stick and walking to the study! Still, it saves me having to buy a subscription, which I was about to do. Narrow escape!!!

• Mark_62
    Mark_62 Posts: 1 Newbie
  • Sir_Charles
    Sir_Charles Posts: 0 Newbie

Hi all,

Is there way to fix this issue? I have been using TW since it became available. I use it to help my mom, my sister, a friend ( all of them in a different country ) and my girlfriend and her sister.

I do not know why their system decided I have been using it for commercial purposes, which I have not.

Without it my mom is fu....d.

Is there a way to contact the TW team to get it fixed? I don't want to use a different solution.

thanks,

C

• OldMoldy
    OldMoldy Posts: 3 ✭✭

I have been using Teamviewer for some years successfully to help friends and neighbors and today, for the first time, I received the timeout message and I can't connect to help a friend for more than a few seconds. This is not a good testimony for service or support

• Legend33
    Legend33 Posts: 0 Newbie

I'm receiving the same error and disconnect using the free version. Did something change regarding the licensing? I just use this to remote connect to my father's pc.

• Eclipso
    Eclipso Posts: 0 Newbie

Same for me. i came here for that as well.. 1 minute and I'm disconnected.

I'm simply using it to connect to my ARK gaming server on my LAN so I don't need to have a screen/keyboard/mouse connected to it...

But now it's almost impossible to make anything

• DataGeek
    DataGeek Posts: 1 Newbie

same

• AndyH_0606
    AndyH_0606 Posts: 0 Newbie

I am seeing the same. Getting an error that commecial use is detected. Given I use it in the house for connection to 2 linux laptops for a hobby of mine, I am wondering where the commercial aspect it!

• AndyH_0606
    AndyH_0606 Posts: 0 Newbie

It seems to be happening to everyone at the moment. Same here.

• DerekM1978
    DerekM1978 Posts: 0 Newbie

Same here. Use it for my mom to help her mow and then. Also use it for myself as sometimes I'm too lazy to walk downstairs. Lol. Frustrating.

• Stellite
    Stellite Posts: 0 Newbie

I had the same problem today as well, cannot get it to work. I dropped all the firewalls and vpn and still same results. Times out in 30 sec and cannot get back connected for after 5 minutes. Once connected works great again for 30 secs. What is up with that. Both computers have the latest teamviewer.

• Mittens
    Mittens Posts: 1
    edited September 2021

So what happened is the 'free license' on your account is expired, email them (if you can find their **bleep** email) and ask them to renew it, they will.

• MrAv
    MrAv Posts: 0

I'm getting the same issue on Mac Os Big Sur, no mention of commercial use just connection blocked after timeout try again in 1 min. Now it won't let me login via my account or another free account. i can however still log on and use from phone and other computers.🤷

• Alucard13
    Alucard13 Posts: 0 Newbie

Good Evening. I do not use Teamviewer for commercial access. I use it to connect to a PC in my home. I connect to my home PC from outside of my home so maybe thats why it thinks i need a commercial license? How can i get back to the free version?

• mazyarl
    mazyarl Posts: 0 Newbie

Hi,

I am using TeamViewer for a personal case for connecting to my PC located somewhere else using my laptop. Starting today, I am getting a time out error massage which disconnects me after a few minutes of remote connection.

Please let me know how to fix this issue. I tried contacting TeamViewer's support but could not figure it out and decided to ask a question here.

Thank you

• searchib
    searchib Posts: 1 Newbie

For about a week now, I am CONSTANTLY getting "Your license limits the maximum session duration to a partner, immediate reconnects are blocked. Please try later or upgrade your license." IMMEDIATELY upon connecting to a remote computer that has worked via TeamViewer for years. Basically, I get 0 seconds of connectivity befoe being kicked off. Yeah, not very useful at all. How do I regain access to this "partner" when all my other "partners" are working just fine? I am a personal user. I have had to repeatedly prove myself as a non-commerical user over the years, and I'm getting very tired of this! What is TeamViewer's best competitor? Time to give them a call.

• Sue1997
    Sue1997 Posts: 1

I used teamviewer only for myself , not for business.When I connected to other device for 1 min, then it interrupted and described connect timeout after forbidden.

forbidden time will continue to %H:%M. like the below picture

• Goldberger
    Goldberger Posts: 1

Just put in the reset request so hope that fixes it. I have used my phone to access my home PC mainly on gaming purposes etc. Only thing different i now done is i noticed team viewer works actually on browser too so i started to use it on computer at work to access my home PC. Maybe the work PC triggered the commercial use? Still i only use one way connection to my gaming pc at home and its the only computer i ever connect to as i do not have anything else added and never need to add.

Just so frustrating timing as there is a new game i could play at work via teamviewer the commercial usage popped up on the first day i was gonna try to play that one. I been using teamviewer for several years without any issues until yesterday.

Also i did check out some subscription stuff but there really is nothing for private use and only commercial with insane monthly prices. Not really worth for the rare cases i actually got time to play at work for those prices.

• Sergei_Esyakov
    Sergei_Esyakov Posts: 1

When connecting, the phone - PC connection was established, some error occurred. Now when I try to connect, I get an error exceeding the time limit for my license. I use the non-commercial version of the program. Do I really have some kind of time limit per month? And how do I remove the lock from my account?It also says that I use the commercial version. Maybe I clicked the wrong button from my phone by mistake and now I have this problem. Please help us with its solution.

• Well I put in a reset request even though I'm not getting the "Commercial use suspected' / 'Commercial use detected" as post #1 mentions. I'll reply when something happens. (says in 2 business days)

The reset link is in the first post of this thread fyi to anyone reading