Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• Tadas
    Tadas Posts: 1
    edited March 2021

The problem mentioned above also happens to me when I connect from TeamViewer with Linux to TeamViewer on Win 7. Session times out after less than minute, another login possible after waiting several minutes, but it lasts less than minute as well. This does not happen when I login to my another TeamViewer computer with windows 8.1 from the same Linux computer.

• It started doing that last night. Why does it think I'm using it for work? My personal computer has Win10 Pro installed -- is that it? I have Citrix Receiver installed on my personal computer because I use it to connect to my job, but I never use TeamViewer at work (they have their own solution for connecting to PCs). The only time I use TeamViewer is to connect to my son's computer at home to help get him set up for virtual school, but I can't do that in 2 minutes. :(

• 5uch
    5uch Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited March 2021

Follow up post...

For those having troubles with session timeout (connection shorter than 1 minute) and false promise of re-enabling connection after 1-2 minutes...

Give a try to the request of an account reset (sorry, as a newbie I am not allowed to post here a link - search TV site).

Although I did not received "Commercial use suspected/detected" message, three days ago I've encountered same issues as many users are having now.

I filled in the form mentioned above, and on the other day I received mail from TV support that my account was reset. And TV is fully functional again. Hurray!

• 5uch
    5uch Posts: 10 ✭✭

It proves the problem is bound to user ID (on each operating system, you are assigned unique ID), not the connection infrastructure. For me, request for account reset (reactivation) did help.

• bhorton22
    bhorton22 Posts: 0

Same here, I keep being logged out after 1-2 minutes and can't reconnect. Not sure why.

• Hi all.

I think, that TW became commercial only and free version is just a miracle.

• kimpex
    kimpex Posts: 0

Same for me. Any suggestions? I uninstalled and reinstalled

• marks199
    marks199 Posts: 1

free version 15.15.5

have encountered connect timeout after 4-5 minutes

message reads ;

connection blocked after timeout

you license limits the maximum session duration to a partner, immediate reconnects are blocked.

please try again later or upgrade your license.

non commercial use only, helping setup a new laptop

• KillaHawg
    KillaHawg Posts: 0

Same with me.

• Sudarshan_G
    Sudarshan_G Posts: 0

Dear TeamViewer,

I am having a basic personal account with Team Viewer and when I try to connect between my iMac and my Macbook for personal use, I keep getting an error message saying that the connection is timed out and I cannot reconnect as the maximum session duration is timed out.

And I get this message about a minute after connecting, and thus, I am unable to use teamviewer anymore.

Can you please check why this is the case and rectify the same so that I can keep using it. Or let me know what I need to do as I uninstalled and reinstalled the software in both my computers and still it is unresolved.

Here is an image of the message I get.

Thanks

Sudarshan

• Bogdan76
    Bogdan76 Posts: 0

Same here.

• Kristiyan
    Kristiyan Posts: 0

Dear TeamViewer,

I am having a basic personal account with Team Viewer and when I try to connect between my Laptop and my PC for personal use, I keep getting an error message saying that the connection is timed out and I cannot reconnect as the maximum session duration is timed out. 

I get this message about a minute after connecting, and thus, I am unable to use teamviewer anymore.

Can you please check why this is the case and rectify the same so that I can keep using it. Or let me know what I need to do.

Thanks!

Kind Regards,

Kristiyan

• scooter0202
    scooter0202 Posts: 0

Ester - the link in your blog seems to be incorrect. It produces the 404 message. PLease update and post the correct link to the referenced reset function.

• Avery08
    Avery08 Posts: 0

Same here..... I hope a resolution can come soon to this problem. Its annoying

• MatteoDZ
    MatteoDZ Posts: 0

same here.

• Franco1947
    Franco1947 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited March 2021

After one or two minutes from the opening of the session I receive two messages:

The first one: Session expired and

The second one: look at the image:

[file removed by moderator - please upload images directly to the forum]

I already send a message to TeamViewer assessing that my use is NOT commercial and received an email that told me that it was OK and the problem was solved.

It is not so.

This problem arose after my Installation of the last MAC O.S. BIG SUR.

Have you an idea of what should I do?

• srhodes
    srhodes Posts: 0

Me too!!!! And when I get back in I can only stay for a min or 2 and it says the same thing!!!

• Hi, it turns out the problem I was having was simpler than I thought.

The reset upload webpage requires that the postal code NOT have a space in it. My autofill put it in with my regularly formatted postal code WITH a space.

The form validator provides a note that the field is incorrect, but it does not stand out as well as it could, and so the user just clicks the submit button over and over not realizing their (small) error.

A big red border around the error message (and the erroneous field) would be a super affordance. A note close to the the user's focus of view on the submit button would also be a big help.

Thank you!

• Franco1947
    Franco1947 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited March 2021

Same problem. Non commercial use, but disconnect after less than two minutes.

It looks that TeamViewer don't care of us (non commercial user).

If there will be a solution I'll pass to **Information removed as per Community Guidelines** that looks to be very good, ... but it's a pity. I use TeamViewer since a lot of years ago and I recommended this SW to many people ... who bought a licence for their business.

• Arcao
    Arcao Posts: 0

I guess marketing wanted to configure session timeout to 30 minutes, but someone set it to 30 seconds accidentally. Otherwise I can't understand why they limits free session to 30 seconds. 🤔

• Hi

I have a personal use account and i am connecting from my Job computer to my house to work with my child during her remote learning sessions for school, every time i log in i get a message saying "your license limits the maximum session duration to a partner, immediate reconnections are blocked.

Please advise why this is happening, as I need to connect with my daughter during her classes

Andrea

• PerB
    PerB Posts: 2 ✭✭

I have the same problem!

• HowItPossiable
    HowItPossiable Posts: 0
    edited March 2021

Many years i had helped to my friend with programs. Now teamweaver rights me that commercial using... NONSENS !!!! NEVER!! How fix that *bleep** **bleep**????!!!

• JYan
    JYan Posts: 0

I just received the exact same issue connecting to ONE specific computer. I can connect to any other computer with no issue, but when I try to connect to my tablet PC, I either get your exact same message or I get a timeout error after a few minutes. And it only started today.

• ICPROYECTOS
    ICPROYECTOS Posts: 0

I have the same problem. The contact support doesnt work anyway. There is a free user like  personal use account and it doesnt work. may be the answer is to chenge the software?? please TEAMVIEWER tell something about. Thanks

• same here

• I always used TeamViewer with familiars and friends only. But the TV started to block saying I was having a commercial use. BUT... I stopped used for months and it STILL DONT LET ME USE IT.

Please, reset my free account. Thanks.

• TaraH1990
    TaraH1990 Posts: 0

I have the same issue. My laptop at works connects to my child's computer at home during Distance Learning but today I keep getting "your license limits the maximum session duration to a partner, immediate reconnections are blocked". I can't see the "Submit Ticket" either. Please help!

• Jnewell745
    Jnewell745 Posts: 2 ✭✭

Well thank you for warning me =. The link you sent doesn't work, yes I get to the team viewer reauthorise your access page but can't get any further. Just nothing happens. But looking at the forum it seems that many people can't get access. Try another system. Incidentally ... what was I "warned" for and highlighted in red?? .. Are you going to send the Cyber Police to my home? For agreeing with many others that teamviewer has made a retrograde step. I understand you want to make money, but it won't be from me with your attitude!!

• TaraH1990
    TaraH1990 Posts: 0

My laptop at works connects to my child's computer at home during her Distance Learning hours, but today I keep getting "your license limits the maximum session duration to a partner, immediate reconnections are blocked". I can't see the "Submit Ticket" either. Please help!