Update .reg Settings/ AutoUpdate Questions

Options

We are experiencing an issue with our TeamViewer Clients not updating.

Configured a policy within the management console that should be pushing out updates to all of our client machines.

Policy is not pushing out updates as needed.

Noticed that when we were deploying teamviewer that we were using a .reg configuration has this auto update feature turned off.

so I Re did the .reg file so it allows auto updates and checks weekly.

Trying to find out the best way to push this .reg file out to our client machines.

One solution that seems to work is running:

msiexec.exe /i "X:\TeamViewer_Host.msi" /qn IMPORTREGFILE=1

This seems to work fine but ONLY when I am remoted in to the computer and run CMD as an administrator.

It will import the settings and keep the same teamviewer ID once done.

The main problem is that I need to do this to 300+ machines. I am using PDQ Deploy to push out this CMD but for some reason when pushing this same command out with PDQ Deploy the machine generates a new teamviewer ID and does not add it back to our contact list.

My questions are:

1. Is the initial .reg file we used when downloading TeamViewer blocking the new Policy that is trying to autoupdate the clients?
  2. Has anyone discovered a update multiple clients settings without the issues PDQ Deploy has given me?

Thanks.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• nhamilton
    nhamilton Posts: 1
    Answer ✓
    Options

Issue has been resolved.

Was not using Configuration ID or API token.

Answers

• nhamilton
    nhamilton Posts: 1
    Answer ✓
    Options

Issue has been resolved.

Was not using Configuration ID or API token.

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,989 Community Manager 🌍
    Options

Hello @nhamilton,

Thanks a lot for letting us know the solution!

Community Manager

• evanly
    evanly Posts: 14 ✭✭
    Options

@nhamilton, could you please advise what the registry key is that contains the AutoUpdate (All Versions) setting?