Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• myviolinsings
    myviolinsings Posts: 3 ✭✭

I, too have been having this issue for the past 2 days. It seems (maybe not) that ever since I accessed my home computer from my phone, I have been unable to access with my own home computers from one another, while at home, on the same network, nor can I any longer connect to my mom's computer to help her resolve issues. I have tried the reset as well and even uninstalled, created a new account with different email and was able to connect for less than a minute when same thing happened: get kicked off, told to play fair and each subsequent attempt to connect results in being blocked from "immediate reconnects" moving the timer out one minute longer each try.

• Hey, so me and my friend/colleague use the same TV account to get access to each others PCs, but recently I started to get disconnected only after about a minute or so, is there any solution to this ? is there any problem on our side, or should I just uninstall teamviewer completely and move onto some other RD that does not disconnect me when I need to do stuff from home. thanks.

• smile_at_me
    smile_at_me Posts: 0

This is really frustrating, team!

I had my account with all device IDs reset, updated to the newest available TeamViewer release but still the same issue.

Are you really still interested in having private users not paying any money?

• Alex_HgO
    Alex_HgO Posts: 0

Hey TeamViewer community,

I have been using TeamViewer for years now to help my mom with her phone and computer problems. As far as I'm aware, that falls under "non-commercial use". Since last week now, logging into her phone (using TeamViewer on my laptop and "Host" on her phone) disconnects after ~1min. If I then try to reconnect, I get the note:

"Connection blocked after timeout. Your license limits the maximum session duration to a partner, immediate reconnects are blocked. Please try later or upgrade your license. Connections to this partner will be blocked until [current time +1min]"

This makes TeamViewer completely unusable for me, as solving my mom's problems usually takes ~30min-1h. I assume that TeamViewer suspects commercial use (even though that's not the message I get above), because I am living in the US and my mom in Europe, and we talk and solve her IT problems between 1-3 times per week.

Is there a way to get this restriction removed for my use of this app? I was trying to create a ticket, but keep getting redirected to this forum, so thanks in advance for any help.

Best, Alex

• I keep getting this message whenever i try to remote control my own pc's, i have no company or commercial usage of teamviewer, and have been using it for many years to control my own pcs, how do i remove this problem?

Regards

Daniel

• BB63876
    BB63876 Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hello all, I'm a free user so I can't get support from TV. I've searched but I haven't found anything similar to what I'm experiencing.

Recently when using unattended access, TV is timing out immediately (less than 30s before it logs me out). I get a normal 'session timeout' dialog.

I haven't been given a 'commercial user' warning (that happened to me previously and I've long since been reinstated as a personal user). There are no error prompts (other than the 'session timeout' dialog).

Both computers are running macOS 10.15 (Catalina) using the latest TV client (15.6.8).

• MaskedKas0
    MaskedKas0 Posts: 2 ✭✭

I have had TeamViewer reset my account twice now, and I still get this message when trying to connect to my friends computer." Connection blocked after timeout. Your license limits the maximum amount of session duration to a partner, immediate reconnects are blocked. Please try again later or upgrade your license." I can remote connect for about two minutes, before it kicks me and gives me this message. If anyone knows how to fix this, it would make my day.

Thank you all

• Dallin
    Dallin Posts: 0

I am having the same problem as of early this week regardless of which computer I connect to. I use TV from home to connect to the PCs around the house

• aif
    aif Posts: 1

So i have been useing the free version of teamviewer for private use.

and my bussines have a paid license that we use for that.

now i have to get a printer @ home and sign the document and scan it to get access to my free teamviewer, where my sick mom that need my help to pay something i now cant becouse of teamviewers "Greed"

i understand from a bussines point of veiw that you might have problems geting payed and alot of ppl useing your good and safe app. but to just terminate alot of free users like this with out warning i might add is not good for your company

i maybe use teamviewer private 4-5 times from home each month, but we have 47 licenses from my company, and tomorrow i will change that and leave teamviewer all togeather.

i still think teamviewer is a good app. but you failed with this stunt and lost a loyal 9 year customer.

Q: is it worth it ?

• 5uch
    5uch Posts: 10 ✭✭

It seems to me, many TV users are having same difficulties in last few days. (Me too).

Note:

• there is no "commercial use suspected/detected" message now.
    • forum is flooded with complains
    • bright green banner with a link to reset TeamViewer ID appears at the prominent very upper part of the each forum page

I guess, there is a problem on TV side. (Houston, we've had a problem here!)

2 days ago I was disconnected the very same way as others (after one minute of session, no immediate reconnection possible). So I fill in the "TeamViewer IDs reset" formular. On the other day, I received confirmation mail and my restriction was lifted.

However, next day I was locked in restriction again. Need to say, I've had couple of quite long (more than an hour) sessions and visited all 10 PCs and phones within family.

At the moment I'm writing this post, my restrictions are lifted again, although I did not ask for reset this time.

For me, it looks like a kind of connectivity/session pooling problem on TV side.

Let's hope for a fix.

• BB63876
    BB63876 Posts: 2 ✭✭

My post was merged here but I don't think it should be. I have NOT received a 'commercial use detected' prompt (I actually have before quite a while ago so I know what it looks like). That said, I suppose trying a reset won't hurt.

• Nekomancer
    Nekomancer Posts: 0

I don't think they are. Which I understand. I'd happily pay for TV if there was a tier between $0 and $600!

Well I would have before today. The contempt with which I've been treated makes me want to look elsewhere.

• Phinley12
    Phinley12 Posts: 4 ✭✭

I have the time out problem but I am also having problems with the Form. The form shows 3 steps. I need to generate a pdf but I'm not sure what of. when I select Generate PDF nothing happens. I have a pdf file on my computer with the messages I am getting but there is no means to upload it that I can see.

I can't load my pdf or jpeg file here either.

I had these problems before but this is the first time I have tried the new process to get reactivated.

I am really struggling because I need TeamViewer to help a friend who is recovering from a stroke and needs help to navigate his computer.

Any help or tips much appreciated.

• been using the personal teamviewer for years and all sudden yesterday, got a session timeout and when i try again it says blocked .

How do i fix this

• Dick_Headstrong
    Dick_Headstrong Posts: 3 ✭✭

I've never had this problem until today. Suddenly everytime I try to connect to my remote computer (in the garage) I get a connection timed out message immediately. Connects...gives message....shuts off TV. If I try again, it tells me I can't connect for like 1 minute. I wait that amount of time and try again same thing all day today. Never before.

• eduardos
    eduardos Posts: 0

Same here. Very frustrating. Definitely non-commercial, but I keep getting kicked out.

• u324jsd
    u324jsd Posts: 9 ✭✭

A couple of things to note for everyone.

1) It seems using a server OS (windows 2020, etc) is considered commercial. I require this OS for my home system as I run virtual machines for my IoT home automation. IT's still my personal use...

2) It would see that using cloud proxies may trigger COmmercial Usage as well --- I use the Umbrella service and that seems to trigger it.??

• hgtt
    hgtt Posts: 0

i reset yesterday morning, got an email this morning saying account reset done. Tried in the afternoon, seems working.

• Why would you consider it commercial use if I connect to my home pc from my work pc? I use team viewer to connect to home pc while at work on my breaks to browse the internet in what way is that considered commerical use? To me that is private use I could understand connecting to my work computer from home as commerical use but using it to browse the web on my home pc I'm sorry but that is not commerical use. I keep getting the commerical use detected popup and I don't think it is accurate. In the commercial use vs private use post it states connecting from work pc to home pc is commercial use but does not give any reasoning behind the statement as to why Team Viewer considers that use case as commerical.

• P_C1
    P_C1 Posts: 0

Added trusted device, TWICE, still keep getting “Connection blocked after timeout” – please assist.Added trusted device, TWICE, still keep getting “Connection blocked after timeout” – please assist.

Added trusted device, TWICE, still keep getting “Connection blocked after timeout” – please assist.

• hutch10
    hutch10 Posts: 0

I am a private user, using TeamViewer to support my 94 yr old mother when needed. In the past, I was able to Remote Control using Password to either fix issues or watch her workflow. Lately, I can only connect for one minute before getting logged out and receiving the following error. Help!

Connection blocked after timeout. Your license limits the maximum session duration to a partner, immediate reconnects are blocked. Please try later or upgrade your license. Connections to this partner will be blocked until hh:ss.

Being retired, I cannot afford the month fee. Is there a work around or a pay as you go plan for private users who only need occasional remote connections?

System: Windows 10 home on both computers

Team View Version: 15.15.5 (32-bit)

License: Free

My Location: Germany, my mother's US

Tried: NordVPN using US and without using local Mannheim, DE IP address

• jellyatt
    jellyatt Posts: 10 ✭✭

Problem solved - although I was only getting the 1min timouts I sent all my id's to get reset and now "Eurika" every think now works . Thank you Teamviewer

• D3aglan
    D3aglan Posts: 0

Although I have not been using the site much , Teamviewer keeps telling me I have "timed out" . I don't understand.

• LAGASS
    LAGASS Posts: 0
    hello, you have limited the access of your version to a limited time while not using it for private purposes. Could you give me back a normal access. Best regards

• Zeldaguy
    Zeldaguy Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited March 2021

I can connect and it disconnects after 1 minute stating connection blocked after timeout.

Your license limits the maximum session duration of a partner, immediate reconnects are blocked. P{lease try later or upgrade your license.

Connection to this partner will be blocked for 1 minute.

I have restarted both host and remote computers and restarted the Teamviewer service

This is a private installation for non-business use and just to manage one computer to another via my phone or from across the room as i have 2 machines. I Have NEVER used this for business use and this just started today as I was using it last night

Please help?

• Grandvell
    Grandvell Posts: 1

Connections to and from this computer have started timing out after about one minute. My license is a free license. I believe i need a reset on this computer.

• mcp4re
    mcp4re Posts: 1

why do I keep getting cut off after a few min, I am on the free viersion

• robertdeering
    robertdeering Posts: 1

Both computers connect and are then thrown off. Why?

• robertdeering
    robertdeering Posts: 1

Why was I warned? I connect my home computer to that of a relative and have done for many years. What has changed?

• I just updated to the current Ver 15. After connecting, the session shuts down in 60 seconds with a timeout message. I do Not see any message about 'Commercial Use' being suspected. I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled twice on my computer with the same result. Both my computer and the one I am trying to connect to list the version as 'free - home use'.