Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• Libertay
    Libertay Posts: 0

This is happening to me too. I connect to my home pc, then it closes and tells me I have to wait. When I try again it does the same thing.

• rchan
    rchan Posts: 1

It's been happening to a lot of people since yesterday.

• Wagman67
    Wagman67 Posts: 0

Well, I see we are all in this boat. I don't see TV either attempting a resolution or letting us know they are attempting a resolution. It is free, so I guess I am getting what I paid for, anyway.

• skube
    skube Posts: 0

This is so frustrating and really not endearing me to TeamViewer.

• Other1
    Other1 Posts: 1

Before I continue. I only use Teamviewer to support my family that lives in a different country as me. I do not receive any compensation for helping them.

Question:

There are many posts on the internet mentioning that Teamviewer will detect connections over VPNs as commercial use. Currently I am using a well known VPN service that can be used to tunnel internet data through any country of choice (For privacy purposes). Teamviewer has not detected any connections over this VPN as commercial use. Neither has any of my friends ever reported that their Teamviewer has been marked for commercial use when connecting through one of these commonly used VPN services.

In addition to the VPN software service I just mentioned, I want to install a second Free VPN program (Free for personal use up to 5 PCs) that will allow me to access my fathers PC via a fixed IP in the created VPN network so I can synchronize his personal files to me for backup purposes.

How do I know if the second VPN program will be considered as commercial use, or if it will be treated as just another personal use VPN program like the first VPN package that I mentioned?

Can someone please provide more detailed info as to what type of VPN is considered as commercial use and which type is considered as personal use?

• clouds73
    clouds73 Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm not a company or anything, I'm just a dad who connects daily to my son's computer and teaches him! He is only 9 years old, and he's is struggling with his online schooling, so I have to connect daily to his computer and help him study because unfortunately, I don't live with him. I connected once to my daughter's computer at the same house, but it's always my son, every day. Now, TeamViewer closes after 1 minute and won't let me stay longer and also won't reconnect immediately. This is a disaster for me because my son needs me and all other remote software isn't that efficient. Please, can you lift this limitation? Thank You

• Rooster
    Rooster Posts: 0

Same issue, no idea what this is about. I have not used my TeamViewer all week. Seems a little shady on Teamviewers side.

• SneakyGit
    SneakyGit Posts: 0

Ditto .. I have not used Team Viewer in a couple of months

• Rctaets
    Rctaets Posts: 0

Same timeout issues.

• Mba7th
    Mba7th Posts: 0

same issue here, it connects for 1 minute only

issue only on my ipad pro

connects fine thru iphone

didnt try it on any os or devices

• dasnipa13
    dasnipa13 Posts: 0

I help alot of friends without ever receiving any compensation.. EVER. And I have been disconnected for the same issue.. many times.. this should be remedied.

• Catlady7310
    Catlady7310 Posts: 0

Same issue here since I upgraded to the most current version I only

use to help my friends with no fees involved. I have been using this product for

many many years now

• Stildreamn
    Stildreamn Posts: 0

I'm also having the same issue but don't see anyone posting how to fix it or if there's a problem with the Web site

• Jinen
    Jinen Posts: 0

Same issue...any resolution, please help.

• swaichulis
    swaichulis Posts: 1

How do you reset your Team Viewer ID for the free personal use version?

I'm no longer able to connect to my computer at my other house.

• Mazza154
    Mazza154 Posts: 0

Same here, any update on how to resolve this?

• Nomjan
    Nomjan Posts: 1

Hi Team,

I support my uncle based in Sweden for he is an elderly person with not much computer awareness. Lately my support sessions are timing out within a minute and am unable to help his issues.

Any idea how to get this sorted?

• Gex
    Gex Posts: 0

I am also getting this timeout after 30 seconds and I also look after my 85 yr old mothers PC setting up Skype meeting with her brother in the UK. I am also becoming frustrated.

Canada

• SerGoy
    SerGoy Posts: 7 ✭✭

Same thing for me ... I'm helping friends but the session ends after 20-30 seconds ... I didn't have this problem before. What should I do to solve the problem?

Québec, Canada

• mcochi
    mcochi Posts: 3 ✭✭

I am having the same issue I'm getting the error in the attached

screenshot

• SerGoy
    SerGoy Posts: 7 ✭✭

I am using the free personal use version :

I'm helping friends but the session ends after 20-30 seconds ... 😪

I didn't have this problem before.

What should I do to solve the problem? ❓️

Am I in the right place to solve my problem?

SerGoy

Québec, Canada

You can also answer me in French

• OPS_UK
    OPS_UK Posts: 4 ✭✭

I am having the sdame issue. I hve tried fo9llowiung the reset procedure but it asks me for my country, UK, and my post code. I enter my post code and it tells me it onlyt accepts numerals. UK POSTCODES ARE NOT JUST NUMERALS!

• I am using TeamViewer on my device but when I connect to that device using another device , the connection gets established and disconnects immediately after connection , Device specifications are - Raspberry Pi 4 with ubuntu 20.04 installed . I haven't sticker reinstalling TeamViewer as well as Ubuntu , and firewall is also disabled but the issue still exists.Kindly guide with the resolution to this issue as I am facing severe delay in my work timeline due to this.

• TaviBanica
    TaviBanica Posts: 0

I have the same issue. And it looks others too. But no answer so far from teamviewer support.

• Astrokeith
    Astrokeith Posts: 1

Have been using Teamviewer for months to connect 3-4 PC's with no issues - but as of 17th April am also getting this message and connection loss - what is going on?

• AzzyG
    AzzyG Posts: 0

Seems to be a common problem. Not a happy camper!!

• JakeShL1
    JakeShL1 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited April 2021

Hello, TeamViewer?? Is anybody home!? Why is this STILL an issue??? Fix it, NOW. This is a MAJOR issue and you're asleep at the wheel

**Third Party Product** is working, thankfully they actually offer something reliable

• Kaminari
    Kaminari Posts: 1

Within the past couple of weeks, I had successfully helped a friend connect to their printer using TeamViewer to support them. Unfortunately today, when I tried to help my 86 year old parent remotely, I was nearly immediately kicked out of the session.

Reading the boards, I'm seeing that many other users are having the same problem.

I'm more than happy to purchase a license for personal use. However, the $610.80 per year for single user business is a bit expensive for personal use.

• dcweather
    dcweather Posts: 10 ✭✭

Same here. Customer services has fallen apart of late. I only use it to look at another PC upstairs a couple of times a day at most and for just a few minutes. It keeps accusing me of commercial use and timing me out after a minute! I followed the instructions to re-instate my account and it was ok for a couple of weeks then reverted. I emailed Customer Service twice but no reply. They used to be really good at replying. What is going on Teamviewer?

• atkach
    atkach Posts: 1

connection blocked after timeout