how to function TeamViewer on my laptop with WIN XP to communicate with another computer

solide
solide Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited May 2023 in General questions

Hello, I would like to ask for advice. I still have an older laptop with Windows XP. But the notebook is excellent in that it is very thin . This laptop is owned by my grandmother /81 years old/, who reads the newspaper through it and does not want to exchange it for another laptop. The notebook, Toshiba Portege R200, I donated to it years ago and it is very used to this notebook. Unfortunately, sometimes she presses something on her laptop and I fix it like this, remotely via your program, so that it works again.

Unfortunately, I can't connect to it via the TeamViewer program, it tells me that the latest version of the laptop is not installed and that I make an update. I have version 14.2.56678 on my laptop, but when I check the availability of a new version on my laptop, it tells me that the latest version is installed on my computer. On laptop with win XP it will write to me after trying to update "the program: your version of TeamViewer is up to date, no new version of TeamViewer is availableIs "

There anything you can do about it, please? The program is amazing and I use it exclusively for private purposes. Thank you for everyone, good advice. Jan

Answers

• Ying_Q
    Ying_Q Posts: 2,592 Moderator

Hi @solide

Thank you for posting.

The information about TeamViewer version and supported operating system can be found on the community article

You may connect to from a newer version of TeamViewer to a older version.

For example: device A (TeamViewer 15.x) -> device B ( TeamViewer 14.2) but it is not possible versa vice as older version can not connect to newer version of TeamViewer.

Hope the explanation above is clear and easy to understand.

Regards,

Ying

Community Moderator/中文社区管理员
  • solide

I tried that, of course, but the connection doesn't work in both directions, this is an attempt to connect from a newer version TeamViewer to an older one with win XP:

• Ying_Q
    Ying_Q Posts: 2,592 Moderator

Hi @solide

Thank you for the quick update and I am sorry that I have provided the misleading information in my previous post.

For free users, both sides of connection will need the latest version of TeamViewer.

Note: If your hardware is not compatible with the latest version, there is nothing we can do to make the free version work. We thank you in advance for your understanding.

Regards,

Ying

Community Moderator/中文社区管理员
  • solide

I'm afraid this is not the best policy companies TeamViewer. Many old people have older types of laptops that they do not want to change, and just such people very often need remote assistance, which is not possible now 😥. Jan