Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• BeaCati
    BeaCati Posts: 0

Hi,

I have used Team Viewer for months for academic use. I use it for university works, and I have never had problems with it., but this morning, each time I try to connect, it blocks my conexion in less than one minute and gives me a message in which it says that this is the maximum time that my license allows.

I don´t undertand what happens, I have the free license for non comercial use, and it is exactly the use that I give to it. What can I do?

• RachelB
    RachelB Posts: 1

Having exactly the same issue as described above. I have this as a literal lifeline to my 80 year old father who lives alone 5 hours away and in another county. During the pandemic this has and remains to be vital to sort his shopping and help him to retain some kind of social interaction via his computer. He is not tech competent and relies heavily on me and teamviewer. This has been massively impactful over the last couple of days. I maybe use this once a week to support him but sometimes more frequently. He is now struggling to use elements of his laptop and believes that he has broken something, knocking his tech confidence further. Disappointed with the companies lack of response or assistance.

• litmus
    litmus Posts: 1

I "got promoted to Neutron" for submitting a request to reset my free account... I don't need badges, I need to use my free account.

Has anyone experienced repeatedly having their account suspected of being used not for personal stuff and having had to beg for a check over and over?

Such a pity T-V is not even addressing requests in person... looks like their focus is on having everyone to switch to paid accounts, but thankfully there are alternatives out there.

• Fosssil
    Fosssil Posts: 1

I am trying to control another computer in my house via Teamviewer. As far as I know, I checked the box for the free version on both computers, but now every time I connect it disconnects after a few seconds and won't let me reconnect for a period of time.

Notably I have NOT ever gotten messages about "suspected commercial use" like other posts about this problem suggest.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling on both computers but that has not solved the problem.

Please help. I will have to abandon TeamViewer altogether if there is no solution.

• orbital
    orbital Posts: 1

I'm having the same issue. Any help would be appreciated thanks!

• ojibs
    ojibs Posts: 2 ✭✭

Same issue here

• Antonioz79
    Antonioz79 Posts: 1

I am also having the same issue, and only use teamviewer whenever my mom needs help fixing something on her computer as I live in another country, so definitely not using it for commercial use, it always worked for years and now this every singe time I try

• Bhusker
    Bhusker Posts: 1

Me too. Free personal use. What did they do in latest upgrade that wont let us stay connected.

• bluscoot
    bluscoot Posts: 1

Ditto

• GaryDZ
    GaryDZ Posts: 4 ✭✭

Is Teamviewer giving up on Free Non-Commercial use?. I have been flagged for suspicion of Commercial Use 3 times and have been reactivated each time. 

Today, I am no longer getting a warning of Commercial Use, I just get kicked out of a session after 1-2 min and can’t log back in for increasing times. Nothing about my use should raise red flags.  I am a surgeon working in Maryland doing Cancer Research… My father is 86 years old and lives alone in Florida.  I am my Father’s IT support.  Teamviewer is welcome to review my logs… even watch me live. NOTHING about what I am doing should be suspicious for Commercial use. 

After getting kicked off of Teamviewer 3 times in the past 2 years, I use it as little as possible. I try to talk him through simple fixes over the phone---to avoid getting banned. Even that has not been effective.  

I recognize they are not making money off of me, but I WAS their biggest word of mouth advertiser.  I have used their service for years helping my father and have raved about the company. Never a problem…—at least until last year.  If Teamviewer does not want to support the free non-commercial use—then just end the program. Having it unreliable only makes their service look bad.  

If I have to find another Free service, I will. It will be a steep learning curve for my dad, but never knowing if Teamviewer is going to get mad and kick me off is making helping him harder than it should be. Sorry if I do not sound like I appreciate their free service—I really do and I started to rely on it.  Having it hit or miss makes life difficult.  

• YourSon
    YourSon Posts: 0

Hello,

I am trying to help my Mom on her ios device, she is using the quick support app and i am using the full teamviewer app both on latest ios and on latest teamviewer versions.

I used to be able to connect and help her fine but now it says:

unable to connect

maximum duration to client reached

whats up with that? and p.s. we are both running free personal.

Please help thanks.

• airplane-4b7416
    airplane-4b7416 Posts: 12 ✭✭

Hello,

i use TV to take control,by computer,to my radios at my mother house and at working place from my home.

Sometimes TV disconnect me after few seconds i've logged in to one of the computer,in particular with that at working place.....I've a free license and it has worked correctly till yesterday,this morning is not possible log in to the computer,why?

can you help me?

Thank in advance,

Sergio Presentato.

• I use teamviewer to manage a headless linux box in my home from my personal computer. Does this qualify as/for a personal license?

• Latti
    Latti Posts: 0

Greetings

i am using the free person to person license for public. Over the last two weeks when I log in from my iPhone after just one min I get disconnected and timed out. It states thank you for using etc

this never occurred before can anyone provide assistance. Thank you

• I am using as a domestic use but 1 minuths after login is showing time run out

what shall i do

• Modify_inc
    Modify_inc Posts: 2 ✭✭

I just received an email from TeamViewer this morning that my TV ID was reset for private use, yet the ID they provided is NOT my ID. Plus I submitted two IDs, as it clearly shows on the PDF I signed an uploaded. I tried both of my TeamViewer IDs connecting to the safest person I know, my mom's PC, and I still got disconnected after 1 minute with the message "Your TeamViewer session has timed out and will be closed."

I'm not sure how to resolve this since TeamViewer does not seem to allow their free users any direct way to communicate with their support team. It's crazy that I can't reply to them to let them know of this mistake. I'm appreciative that they processed my claim quickly and reset my ID, but I should be able to talk with some one for simple reasons as this issue.

Any suggestions?

• JanBad
    JanBad Posts: 1

I have used the free version of TV to support my elderly relatives in the UK for many years, I have recently retired to Spain and I used it as normal yesterday, but today I got disconnected straight away and then refused access for longer and longer periods of time.

Seems like this is very common, 263 pages of posts, please what do I have to do to get my access to my pc illiterate family members PCs?

• Daniele_Destradi03
    Daniele_Destradi03 Posts: 2 ✭✭

hello everyone, I use teamviewer for private purposes often to connect from the outside to my computer ... from today without having done anything the sessions last me at most one minute and it tells me that it is because of my plan ... they have made any changes or did it all break down?

• Devan
    Devan Posts: 1

Ive been having the same issue. i use TV to connect to my home media server(ubunutu) and if I leave the sessions up but switch to say firefox to read something about what im doing it kicks me out and then just keeps changing the timer on when I can reconnect again.

Its just home use so there its totally not worth 50/month license

• Daniele_Destradi03
    Daniele_Destradi03 Posts: 2 ✭✭

the strange thing is that it never did ... and now it does even if I stay in the same window. The strangest thing is that if I log in from the phone (with the same account) it doesn't give any problems

• uhclem
    uhclem Posts: 1

I'm trying to get support for using TV non-commercial and I'm on a page titled 'Reset Management'. It's asking for my TeamViewer ID and an explanation of my problem. My ID is uhclem. Has been uhclem for many years. When I fill in the info and click 'Generate PDF' I get an error message that says 'TeamViewer ID should not be empty, less than 8 or more than 11 digits only.'

Can anyone help?

• patmorno
    patmorno Posts: 1

team viewer keep disconnecting I use team to help my 2 daughter in quebec and my brothers and sisters only my family after I update it start to disconnect it self I uninstall and reinstall same problem can you help me to resolve this problem may be it is cause because I use more often with covid can I still use to help my family tks Patrice

• Hello, I'm very frustrated as I sometimes connect to a family friends computer. He is 80 years old and partially sighted. He uses his computer a lot, but if it goes wrong he always comes to me to fix it. I can normally do this using team viewer and can get the problem sorted fast. It seems at the moment it keeps ending my session saying that this session was ending as this is a business IP address. Both mine and his are private broadband accounts.

Can someone please tell me why this would happen. My friend is now without a computer until I can physically go to his house and sort the problem.

Many thanks

Ian Davis

• Patraso60
    Patraso60 Posts: 1
    edited April 2021

I'm a Personal user (non-commercial) and getting the same problem. has something changed with TeamViewer?

I am no longer able to remote in to assist my family with their computer problems because I get booted out of the TV session after about one minute, and then I receive an informational message, saying, "Connection blocked after timeout". This has never happened before and only recently started. I am using the TV product for personal use only to help support family and a few friends, from which I do not get paid, and do not receive any compensation. I do it only out of the goodness of my heart. :-)

Attached is a screenshot of the message I receive.

• I have used TV for non-commercial use for years to support my elderly mother whenever she was having issues and to remote into my home Windows 10 pc from my Windows 10 laptop when away from home occasionally to find a file, close a file, etc.

Now, as soon as I connect, it disconnects and gives me this message.

And as soon as I try to reconnect, it gives me this message.

Now I can't remote in to access my pc when I urgently need it! I have been flagged before as a commercial user and have filled out the form. I am so over trying to use this software! I am uninstalling it from all devices and moving to Chrome Remote Desktop.

• Patraso60
    Patraso60 Posts: 1

I'm a Personal user (non-commercial) I am no longer able to remote in to assist my family with their computer problems because I get booted out of the TV session after about one minute. Has something changed with TV?

I then receive an informational message, saying, "Connection blocked after timeout . . . Session Maximum Session Limit / Immediate Reconnects Blocked". This has never happened before and only recently started. I am using the TV product for personal use only to help support family and a few friends, from which I do not get paid, and do not receive any compensation. I do it only out of the goodness of my heart. :-)

Attached is a screenshot of the message I receive.

• Minos34
    Minos34 Posts: 1

Hello, I use my laptop and desktop in tandem in the same network right next to each other and teamviewer still is blocking me as if I was using it not in a personal way. its a very short connection now.

• GreenparkRX
    GreenparkRX Posts: 1

why is my connection blocked after only a minute of connection

• FuzzmanKs
    FuzzmanKs Posts: 54 ✭✭

I found this link on Teamviewer Support twitter account (not the Teamviewer account, but Teamviewer Support):

[ If you only want to get your TeamViewer back, go directly to this page ( https://www.teamviewer.com/en/reset-management/ ) and request your reset. That´s it. ]

I just finished completing the Reset form. It requires you Log into your Teamviewer account, fill out a form with ID numbers that are blocked, print PDF, sign and date it, scan the completed form and upload it back to Teamviewer.

Yes, it is a pain to do. But what choice do we have since we are FREE users.

• notadamb
    notadamb Posts: 3 ✭✭

April 28

Still the same issue.

I enter username and password, click Login, and nothing happens.

Tried restarting computer and reinstalling app.

Running 15.17.6 (a008a771384) on 11.3 (20E232)