"A Remote Access license can only be activated on an account without any other license"?

NoahG
NoahG Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited May 2023 in Licensing

I've purchased a Remote Access (individual) license that I'm trying to activate, but whenever I follow the activation link and try to log in, I get the error message "A Remote Access license can only be activated on an account without any other license". And yet, when I go to my account information, it still says "Free", indicating that I don't have an active license (which I won't until it lets me activate the license I've paid for). I'm also unable to submit a support ticket, because as far as the TV support site is concerned, again, I still don't have my license. I'm still stuck with the useless 5-minute sessions that lock me out every time they expire. Has anyone else had this issue?

Comments

• diegosala1
    diegosala1 Posts: 2 ✭✭

I purchased a Remote Access license and I'm here for your same problem: I'm "free" and I get the error "A Remote Access license can only be activated on an account without any other license. As your account has already another license assigned, please use another account for the license activation."

I'm stunned that after 2 monthes nobody answered to you!

• djcgam
    djcgam Posts: 2 ✭✭

Why do I get this massage? A Remote Access license can only be activated on an account without any other license. As your account has already another license assigned, please use another account for the license activation.

• djcgam
    djcgam Posts: 2 ✭✭

I have bought a new licence and get thgis message when trying to activate !! : A Remote Access license can only be activated on an account without any other license. As your account has already another license assigned, please use another account for the license activation.

• Piotr_430
    Piotr_430 Posts: 1

I am experiencing the same issue, and when I attempt to submit a ticket, I receive the following message:

"Dear user,

Thank you for using TeamViewer. We did not detect a license on your account. "

Thus, activation is not possible because there is already a license assigned to the account, and the support team informed me that there is no license on my account.

Dear TeamViewer Team, we have all read your instructions, directions, and advice, but we are still unable to activate recently purchased Remote Access. I request that you resolve this issue as soon as possible.

• evangel37
    evangel37 Posts: 1

the same issue

"A Remote Access license can only be activated on an account without any other license"

• ashchristopher
    ashchristopher Posts: 1

I had the same problem. My account was showing up as a "free" account in the online portal, and I would get the

"A Remote Access license can only be activated on an account without any other license. As your account has already another license assigned, please use another account for the license activation."

What worked for me was to delete my "free" account on the online portal, and sign-up again using the exact same email and login on. I was then able to assign my license. I had to re-connect to the computers I was connecting to.