Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• sirnono
    sirnono Posts: 3 ✭✭

exactly the same problem.

How could this be resolved ? It is a bit annoying...

Thanks

• macemace
    macemace Posts: 5 ✭✭

Not that I'm glad for the misfortune of others, but I am relieved to learn I'm not the only one this is happening to.

In addition, although it's a remote risk, I would obviously be very interested if TV had logs showing activity on my account beyond that of which I'm aware.

Thank you, ezpz, for the tip. If that works for me I'll at least be able to help my mom while TV is getting this sorted.

• Sanju1110
    Sanju1110 Posts: 1

I have tried reinstalling it it still doesn’t work.

• aleniola
    aleniola Posts: 1

Same here

I use TeamViewer (free) to access my computers but since yesterday I am disconnected after about 1 minute and get the following message :

If I try to reconnect after the time indicated in the message, I will get that message again but with a different time for unblocking.

Actually, I can't connect any longer hence TeamViewer is currently unusable.

Can anyone help me fixing this ?

Thanks

Ale

• Vuongdn
    Vuongdn Posts: 1

About policy for individual users. I use teamview for non-commercial purposes. However, from June 3, I only logged in and used it for 30 seconds each time. Has the individual user support policy changed?

• ChrisBass
    ChrisBass Posts: 1

I am having the exact same problem. I use Team Viewer strictly for home use, with no commercial overlap, yet I am now being told that "commercial use is detected".

• DamiHar
    DamiHar Posts: 1
    edited June 2021

Thank you TeamViewer, and goodbye. You've been awesome but now I can't use you for no more than 42 seconds. **Third Party Product** awaits me, oh what an adventure this will be.

• Essam_Shousha
    Essam_Shousha Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited June 2021

TeamViewer logout account after 5 minutes

• StefanKH
    StefanKH Posts: 5 ✭✭

Dear all,

since a few weeks connection is terminated after 60 sec, without message on commercial use!

Nevertheless filled out request to reset to private use. Thiis was conformed recently, however issue still there.

Further completely deinstalled teamviewer and re-installed on both sides - issue remaining.

Can anybody help??

Thanks, Stefan

• quaz579
    quaz579 Posts: 1

I'm having the exact same issue on all my devices. Has anyone posted a resolution?

• Essam_Shousha
    Essam_Shousha Posts: 2 ✭✭

now the TeamViewer close after 2 min

• ezpzsolutions
    ezpzsolutions Posts: 5 ✭✭

Write back and let others know if it works for you. New hardware "doesn't have to be physical hardware". There are many options available. I believe TV just blocked our hardware ID which put us all onto a blacklist where you're only allow to use under a minute. When using new hardware you get a new hardware ID you shouldn't run into that commercial issue until you choose to block that as well.

• B3art
    B3art Posts: 0

I have a FREE TeamViewer version, but today I joined a single member family as I was away and wanted remote help.

After connecting in a few seconds, I was "fired" that I use the TV for commercial purposes, even if I only use it for private purposes.

Reinstalling the program did not help.

So please help.

• dhsebastian
    dhsebastian Posts: 9 ✭✭

My experience matches ezpzsolutions post above. The block applied to a specific machine ( a single Teamviewer ID) and not to any of the other machines on which I had an account - all of my remote accounts are under my username to simplify my life dealing with managing relatives' machines. My request for reset took a few days to process, and when I got the email message that my account was now reauthorized, it didn't work . No message flagging commercial use but all connections still timed out in a minute. I used the alternate machine workaround to set up a different free remote desktop product that does everything I need to help my family, but after about a week, the TV connection suddenly started working again. So it is all a mystery, but taught me that I need a plan B for access because this has happened twice before and likely to happen again. It would be nice if TV could share some info here so we understand what has triggered this latest flurry of blockages.

• FamilyinPA
    FamilyinPA Posts: 0

I've been using TeamViewer all through the pandemic to help my parents. The ONLY reason I use TeamView is to support my family, for which I receive zero compensation..and now I'm deemed a "Commercial user"??

Trying to assist very worried parents today, who fear I won't be able to fix the issues they're having with their computer. TeamViewer now tells me we have to wait 2 business days before the account will be reset. This delay is too long and totally defeats the purpose of the software: to help family remotely.

Is there any way to speed up the process of having my account restored?

I already filled out the PDF, sent it back, and am now just waiting....for TWO DAYS!

Very disappointed.

• ezpzsolutions
    ezpzsolutions Posts: 5 ✭✭

Hello dhsebastian, You mentioned in about a week your TV connection suddenly started working again on your alternate machine or your primary machine?

• cchervit
    cchervit Posts: 1

I, too, have been unable to use TeamViewer to connect to my parent's and brother's computers ever since their machines updated to the new Windows 21H1 release. It lets me on for about 30 seconds, then times out and gives me an error. It seems, although I am using within the boundaries of a free consumer license (just to help my parents and my brother out with technical issues on their home computers -- none of them are technically competent), TeamViewer is incorrectly stating that this needs to be a paid account.

• Reitan
    Reitan Posts: 0

account problem. the program thinks that I am using the commercial version. but I use it for personal purposes. Help

• dhsebastian
    dhsebastian Posts: 9 ✭✭

My primary machine - it was the only one that didn't work as the source connection.

• LagunaJim
    LagunaJim Posts: 3 ✭✭

Hello. I'm using Teamviewer Free to remote-support my 92 year old mother's laptop.

Lately when connecting after about one minute I get disconnected with

Then when I try to reconnect I get

I've submitted the "Non-Commercial Use" letter at least twice.

I also clean-installed Teamviewer again.

Any ideas? Support is not reachable on the free subscription - which is itself a real problem.

Thanks.

• eschuebel
    eschuebel Posts: 1

Hi,

I am now getting this message as well with my free account.

I have been a loyal user of this product for 20 years, helping manage my families computers.

What is going on?

Thanks for you help.

• CMACK
    CMACK Posts: 1

Same issue here! I help Friends and family, but my parents are always in need! This really blind sided me without any warning in the middle of a crisis! I am going to just struggle through using Remote Desk Top. I will probably just uninstall this program! I am beyond disappointed!

THANKS FOR MAKING ME HAVE TO HIRE A TECHNICIAN TO GO TO MY PARENTS HOUSE TO PERFORM A VIRUS SCAN!!!!

• dtunahanbilgin
    dtunahanbilgin Posts: 1

Hi, I'm Tunahan. I'm starting teamviewer to control my personal pc's at my home. Yet, sometimes an error is occuring and says like that; commercial use detected. As i sad before, i'm just using the teamviewer for my personal use.

Could you please help me about this problem? Best regards.

• PaulMr
    PaulMr Posts: 1
    edited June 2021

We saw the posting about Depreciation of legacy versions and are trying to determine when our complimentary upgrade to version 15 will expire, based on our original corporate license purchase.

Just trying to determine who or how we contact Teamviewer to ask that question. Appreciate any help provided.

[Removed as per the community guidelines.]

• masipe2
    masipe2 Posts: 1

I am having the same issue. I regularly log into my mom's computer to help her and TeamViewer is now locking me out. For some reason TeamViewer is thinking the account is being used as a commercial account, but it is not. What can I do to resolve this?

• I have the same issue also, It's trying to tell me I'm using it for commercial use when I'm only trying to use it to help my partner set up her computer properly.

• User312463753
    User312463753 Posts: 1

It's very frustrating to be able to connect to my laptop remotely and then get kicked off with the "your session has ended" message after only thirty seconds. It is not a once in awhile, sometimes thing, it happens every time I try to sign in. For months now. I am disabled and I live in a long term care facility, so being able to use TeamViewer makes one aspect of my life much better and easier. And I should probably add that I'm using the free version, but I wonder if the facility's public WiFi has anything to do with my problem?

Thank you for any help.

• TrevorW
    TrevorW Posts: 1

This is affecting me as well.

I mostly use Teamviwer to connect my mac with a big screen to a Windows laptop with Visio installed. My partner subscribes to Visio and sporadically uses it for her work, but I use it only for non-paid, non-commercial uses. The monthly fee for Commercial TeamViewer is way too high for me (and a lot more expensive than buying another subscription to Visio - if it would run on a Mac). I also use it for remote support of two family personal computers, and I would be most disappointed to lose that capability.

• Bazza
    Bazza Posts: 1

I was trying to sort out problems on my wife’s pc when teamviewer dropped me out after 30 seconds. Then a notification came on my screen stating that I was using it for commercial purposes. I can no longer access my wife’s pc! Is anyone else having this problem and is there a fix to this issue??? I eagerly wait for an answer!

• redavenger
    redavenger Posts: 5 ✭✭

ohh man me too..this is pathetic.

i can't connect to my father pc now.

anyone from teamviewer care to assist.