Windows 10. White screen when opening game. Help

Ok so recently Everytime I try using teamviewer to access my desktop at home while I'm at work via my iPhone or Mac laptop, I go to open up an online game that's on my desktop and it opens but just shows a white screen for game. Anyone know how to fix this?
Pc is running windows 10 pro (64bit)
I have GeForce GTX 1060 graphics
All drivers are up to date. Pc is up to date. Just don't know what's going on.

Comments

• Julia
    Julia Posts: 290 Staff member 🤠

Hi lostsoul337,

Please try to disable to QuickConnect button. You can find the option in TeamViewer under "extras - options - advanced".

Julia
    Senior Support Engineer - 2nd level Support
    Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.
    Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button.
  • Sid
    Sid Posts: 3

It just so happens that I have similar problems (Although I didn't have any of these for an entire week). Several applications are simply blank/invisible. For exemple Battle.net / LOOT / Some games..
    Disabling QuickConnect Button did not solve it.

• Sid

Is your monitor shutdowned / laptop closed? It's actually my case and it may causes some gpu problem because there is no physical output. I tried to start an application that was white with the --disable-gpu option and... It worked!

Still need to verify if turning on my monitor works (Not at home atm)

• Sid

It indeed fixed it. Hope it'll help those who will pass by this post

To fix this problem, you need to let your monitor ON / laptop OPENED

• natzure
    natzure Posts: 1

didn't help

• kasi
    kasi Posts: 1

This helped me, after turning on the monitor on remote computer, the problem was resolved

• Disable to QuickConnect button, turn on monitor on remote computer.

[Link removed]

• I am facing the same problem. It only works with the laptop screen opened. If its closed the white screen problem appears.

I've never had this problem before. It begun one week ago after plug the laptop in a TV using HDMI.

• Geffen
    Geffen Posts: 1

I've been having similar issues with various programs when connecting to a remote computer with no monitor connected (or off, lid closed, or even without GFX installed), When stating selected program on the remote computer they would only show as a white/blank window. For me it seems only to be programs using hardware acceleration which are giving me problems, as some programs has the option to turn this off and once done, they display as they should.
    Would be nice if Teamviewer could address this issue as I'm sure I'm not the only one that has remote computers running without monitors connected, turned on or labtop users with the lid closed.
    Thank you for ready and how I've been helpfull to other with the issue

• Julia
    Julia Posts: 290 Staff member 🤠
    Julia
    Senior Support Engineer - 2nd level Support
    Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.
    Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button.