Cannot add new device ID to license

Hello,

I'm trying to add a new device ID to a vacant spot in my license. I have several removes remaining, however attempting to add the ID seems to do nothing. I do not get any feedback or indication of what isn't working, I just click the button and nothing happens. Any idea why this might be? If there's something I'm doing wrong, it would be nice to be indicated what the error is...

Answers

• Akiho
    Akiho Posts: 1,207 Moderator

Hi abaad,

Thank you for reaching out to the community!!

It seems you are using the right method! We are sorry about the inconvenience caused.

For this case, changing the browser might be helpful, could you use a different browser, please??

Also, please kindly confirm input of the TeamViewer ID is matched with the TeamViewer ID on the new local device.

Hope this would be helpful.

If the issue remains, please let us know so that we can assist you further!

Best regards,

Akiho

Japanese Community Moderator / コミュニティモデレーター

• abaad
    abaad Posts: 5 ✭✭

Hello Akiho,

I've tried Firefox, Chrome, and Safari and none of them work. I've also tried on a Windows machine and it made no difference.

I've also made sure to double check the ID's being entered are the same. Still the issue persists where there's no indication I've input anything incorrect. Please let me know if there's anything further I should be trying!

• Akiho
    Akiho Posts: 1,207 Moderator

Thank you for your response, abaad!!

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I informed this matter to the customer support team, please kindly check the Private Message in the community and email box for further assistance.

Thank you in advance for your understanding.

Best regards,

Akiho

Japanese Community Moderator / コミュニティモデレーター

• TwisterGreen
    TwisterGreen Posts: 1

Hello,

Does this problem have any solution? I am experiencing the same symptoms and I also tried Firefox and Chrome browsers, but it behaves the same. I have a Business license and I can't add device ID - when clicking the add button, nothing happens.

Can I ask for support in this thread or I should post my own topic?

Thank you.

• abaad

Hi TwisterGreen,

I did find a a solution! It turns out my license was only good for a specific version of TeamViewer, so I needed to download that version and then add the ID. It's frustrating there's no indication to say that is the issue, I actually only found out by opening the web developer tools (F12 on most browsers). In the console tab it then displayed the error, I cannot remember exactly what the error said but I recall it mentioning the version I needed to use.

Hope this helps!

• Prober1
    Prober1 Posts: 2 ✭✭

I am having a similar issue, using a license that is only compatible with TeamViewer 12, which is what I have installed.

When I click on the "Add device to license" link on the TeamViewer app, it takes me to the management console at login.teamviewer.com/nav/license-activation-guidance, and the page says "Not found".

I'm pretty sure there used to be a place in the management console where I could see a list of licensed devices, but I can't find it. It's been a while since I've tried to change anything, and I think the web interface has changed since then.

How do I add new devices and remove old devices to/from the license?

• abaad

Hi @Prober1,

The link to manage the licenses is at this url for me: https://login.teamviewer.com/nav/profile/license

To navigate to it from the page you shared, click on the down arrow next to your username in the light blue box in the top right and select 'Edit profile', from there click on 'License'. Hope this helps!

• abaad

@TwisterGreen Did my comment help you? I just realized I can @ users to notify them

• Prober1
    Prober1 Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hi @TwisterGreen, that did the trick. I didn't think to look under the Profile section. Thank you!