I've removed a whole bunch of redundant devices but this is not being reflected under "Company Administration / Managed Devices". The number has changed here.
How long does it take for this to take effect?
Still looking for a way to do this. From my account rep, they are saying Teamviewer is adding a mass removal feature, but I dont know if I believe anything they say at this point.
The other thing I did notice is in the management console I cant even sort by offline time or anything anymore. If anyone has any way to mass delete machines it would be much appreciated.
We are now getting emails from teamviewer that say this:
[removed per Community Guidelines]
Thank you for your post and welcome to the community.
We'd like to confirm more details along with some personal information.
Could you please send me your email address via Private Message? So that we may assist you further.
We are sorry about the inconvenience caused.
Japanese Community Moderator / コミュニティモデレーター
Same deal as TScott1224
We got our email this morning but can't see any way to filter/sort and then mass delete old managed devices. Pretty stupid lack of functionality really.
Good way of selling more licenses - make old devices impossible to remove easily. 😉
I am really unhappy with this sudden limitation to my subscription. I had no warning and now have to spend hours unlinking my clients teamviewer with my account. Looks like I will start moving clients to **Third Party Product** or other solutions as this move seems very greedy by Teamviewer.
What a joke, you cannot even email [email protected]
The recipient's mailbox is full and can't accept messages now. Please try resending your message later, or contact the recipient directly.
thanks for reaching out to us. Our dedicated support is always available via phone or ticket. They will be happy to assist you with any question related to your subscription.
Can we assist you further?
Spanish Community Moderator :)
You're not the only one 🙄 seems no matter how many devices we remove the number doesen't change and it only gives you the partner ID so we need to copy and paste each one individually into Computers & Contacts as it doesen't tell you what the player is called 👌 I'm guessing there is some sort of time where they repoll it but we haven't found it yet.
Another classic storm of poo being flung from TeamViewer where all of a sudden a previously implied "unlimited" feature randomly gained a limit at some point and they are now trying to enforce it. Clearly the increase in home use from the Pandemic hit them har... oh wait.
I suppose I can say I'm glad they did this before I went ahead with a planned channel increase. Looks like we might have to take a serious look at the competition.
Alena how can you help? We can't reduce our device count and the way TV has gone about this is despicable. I guess you think everyone will happily pay US$500 on top of their current subscription to resolve this?
This is going to upset many customers and was poorly thought out.
I got a notification that my managed devices exceed the ones granted by my license. (85/50) So I deleted 42 devices from my management console but half an hour later, the number of devices still didn't decline.
Did I miss something or is this just normal behavior and I just have to wait a bit more?
Thak you for your help.
I have the same problem. The only way to remove a managed device seems to be by connecting to the remote pc and unlink that from teamviewer. What about the clients that are not any more, clients?
That's the way they force us to switch to **Third Party Product**...
No, they are not removed.
Teamviewer decides to forcefully make you to buy more devices by not allowing you to remotely remove managed devices...
wow, to stay polite, thats not nice
thank you for the hint.
To be sorry about the inconvenience caused by that is hard to believe, since the intent seems so obvious and giving no heads up notification nor sufficient time or tools to solve the issue certainly doesn't win any customer relationship awards.
In case I don't respond for some time, that's because I try to locate every managed device ever added and try to disconnect it locally. -.-
Just noticed that it's not possible anymore to disconnect a device locally after already removing it from the management console. The software already states that it is disconnected, so not much to do here. In addition I double checked whether the hosts are really disconnected and uninstalled the host software on two machines. Still no change in the number of managed devices in the console.
So that's a dead end, looks like the only feasible option is actually just to delete the account or pay additonal fees for a couple of unused devices.