Is it possible to block the remote access function?

Options

Hello,

I would need to block the remote access function of TeamViewer: it means that the PC can be accessed from outside, but the PC cannot access any other PC.

Note: I don't want to use TeamViewer host because I need to assign a license to this TeamViewer.

Thank you.

Best Answer

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 894 Community Manager 🌍
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Stephana

Thanks for your post.

This is definitely possible!

To prevent outgoing connections on a device, please navigate to the Advanced settings of TeamViewer. You can access the settings by clicking the gear icon (⚙) in the upper right corner of the TeamViewer app.

In Advanced settings you will find the Advanced settings for connections to other computers. Next, look for Access Control.

Set this to Deny outgoing remote control sessions, and click OK to save.

Now the device can be connected to, and cannot make any outgoing connections.

More info is here:

Hope this helps! 🍀

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

Answers

• JoshP
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Stephana

Thanks for your post.

This is definitely possible!

To prevent outgoing connections on a device, please navigate to the Advanced settings of TeamViewer. You can access the settings by clicking the gear icon (⚙) in the upper right corner of the TeamViewer app.

In Advanced settings you will find the Advanced settings for connections to other computers. Next, look for Access Control.

Set this to Deny outgoing remote control sessions, and click OK to save.

Now the device can be connected to, and cannot make any outgoing connections.

More info is here:

Hope this helps! 🍀

Josh P.

---

• Stephana
    Stephana Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Options

Hello Josh,

Really appreciate your help.

This option is locked by my administrator on my TeamViewer, but anyway, I know now this functionality is possible.

Thank you very much.

Best regards

• JoshP
    Options

Happy to help!

If the option is greyed out in your settings, then your admin controls them by policy.

The good news is the setting can also be altered remotely from within the policy, by the admin!

The setting is named the same as within the TeamViewer application, and the option is also the same.

Hope this helps! 🍀

Josh P.

---