Help save TeamViewer at my organization

Options
chriskuliukas
chriskuliukas Posts: 1
edited January 2022 in General questions

Hi,

Use TeamViewer every day here, vital support tool that works well, however the new IT manager is concerned about security and is toying with moving away from TeamViewer to something he considers more manageable.

The main legitimate case for replacing TeamViewer is how we've deployed it in a very chaotic way across the business; multiple versions, varying security settings, and worst of all machines can be set with custom passwords that don't expire and we can't purge when people leave.

I'm a software developer not infrastructure, so I'm not very good with group policy etc, but I want to show how we can get TeamViewer as part of our core SOE with consistent, fixed and secure configuration and central monitoring/logging.

Can anyone point me in the best direction? I really don't want to end up having to use this nasty **Third Party Product** based thing when TeamViewer works well and has a decent security record.

Kind regards,

Chris Kuliukas

Answers

• Akiho
    Akiho Posts: 1,218 Moderator
    Options

Hi @chriskuliukas,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community✨😊

In this scenario, I highly recommend contacting our customer support team directly.

So that based on your business environment, our dedicated team can assist you with the appropriate solution.

However, I'd like to share some information based on what you mentioned above.

From the given information, it seems there are 2 major issues: the deployment of the TeamViewer application and the settings.

1) When it comes to the deployment of the TeamViewer application, the feature of mass deployment is available for certain licenses.

For more information and available license type, please check our knowledge article. 👉Mass deployment

2) On the other hand, deploying and enforcing settings via policy would be helpful for security settings and version differences.

To be more specific,

• "Install new versions automatically" could solve the different versions issues.
    • When users do not have local administrator rights and set "Changes require administrative rights on this computer" is enabled, it will prevent them from setting custom passwords.

For more information, you may find useful information from our knowledge article: Manage access for users in your company

Regarding security, kindly ask you to check the security handbook.

Hope you find this helpful.

Best regards,

Akiho

Japanese Community Moderator / コミュニティモデレーター