Teamviewer Crashes

Mushi_Mushi
Mushi_Mushi Posts: 1
edited February 2022 in General questions

Hello!

I've been using teamviewer for the last 2 weeks, but as of recently (starting monday and today it is wednesday) my teamviewer crashes on the computer I wish to controll. I controll my PC at home from work through my phone I usually connect to my PC after letting my PC stay on for about 5-6 hours. I open an application and it crashes, and it used to work fine but not since the start of this week. I don't get any error messages or anything at all, teamviewer crashes and on my phone it says that this PC is offline, even though when I go home whatever application I open will be on but teamviewer is gone.

Is this a common problem? Anyway to solve it? I tried reinstalling on both my mobile device and my computer, this did not solve the problem.

Answers

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @Mushi_Mushi,

I hear about crashes every now and then...

Many crashes are due to OS ⟺TeamViewer version incompatibilities.

Maybe you can check if the device you are using is compatible with the TeamViewer version that is installed:

You'll find the list here:

All the best,

/JeanK

Community Manager

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍

@Mushi_Mushi Have you managed to sort your crashing issues out? Did you check the compatibilities?

Community Manager

• trmil
    trmil Posts: 3 ✭✭

hi i am running the latest version of teamviewer 15.43.3 with windows 10 version 22h2 x64. according to the supported operating systems i should have issues however my teamviewer crashes daily on my remote control end. the windows just close out and disappear and i have to reload the client. i am not sure what else i can do please let me know how i can solve this issue

• trmil
    trmil Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited September 2023

Thank you for the response! may i ask what you make of this event viewer description? cheers

• Passegua
    Passegua Posts: 5 ✭✭

Me too. Since recently I cannot use any more TeamViewer since as soon as I start it crashes.

I'd like to install it on Windows 10 but it crashes as soon I open it.

• aj4mq
    aj4mq Posts: 3 ✭✭

Same issue, was working fine until today when it updated. Win10Pro here, tried reinstalling while keeping settings.. hate to lose another license transfer to fix it.

DISM/SFC did not fix it.. Service is running, just not full client..

• aj4mq

both 32-bit and 64-bit versions affected.

tried SFC, DISM, reinstalling over Win10Pro, Microsoft.NET repair to no effect.

Wish I had more time to explore fixes, but I'm doing a complete reinstall.

• aj4mq
    edited January 18

Found something during reinstall.. Might need to force a reinstall on Microsoft Edge WebView2 Runtime.. It's the last step before control dialog appears, and it shows much faster on a clean install... Hope this helps..

https://superuser.com/questions/1751709/how-to-reinstall-microsoft-edge-webview2-runtime

I noticed it failed to install on a clean windows the first time..