Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• HUGHFARN
    HUGHFARN Posts: 1

Iuse team viewer on my laptop to access programs on my home computer which do not allow me to access on my laptop whilst I am outside the uk but it has been locked alleging commercial use, but I do not use it commercially (I am almost 80 yrs old!

I cannot contact team viewer by phone as they do not accept calls from non commercial users.

• AJ112
    AJ112 Posts: 0
    edited March 2022

Hello/ I have a free account I use for a few family members. Today I was helping my sister clean her machine and I was thrown offline with a notice that I am locked out.

account is under [removed per Community Guidelines]

• lawlesi
    lawlesi Posts: 0

I down loaded the free version and now it want me to buy a licence

• Hendos4
    Hendos4 Posts: 2
    edited March 2022

Does anyone other than me, think that the TeamViewer suppliers, are cutting of those on private use, causing them stress, especially when they are trying to voluntarily help family and elderly friends, via remote access (UNPAID-NOT FOR PROFIT OR WAGES, SOLELY PRIVATE USE!!!!) which they state is free. I think that they are doing it deliberately, trying to force people to pay for it, instead of getting it free.

• Hendos4
    Hendos4 Posts: 2
    edited March 2022

You must of remote accessed someone's computer and they decided that you must be a business.

• Researcher
    Researcher Posts: 7 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Thank you so much. The problem has been resolved. I thank to the support team and community. and I am really thankful to the management. They are very helpful and supportive.

• bigvalbowski
    bigvalbowski Posts: 3 ✭✭

How long does the reset take to go through? I requested mine on the 23rd but no change as of yet.

• okjasone
    okjasone Posts: 1

In my experience, this issue is still occurring if the monitor on the remote device is powered off. When the monitor is powered on, or if 'Use UDP' is unchecked, Team Viewer works as expected.

Connecting from Team Viewer 15.27.3 on Mac OS Monterey 12.3 to Team Viewer 15.22.3 on Windows 11 build 22000.493.

Was also testing from Team Viewer 15.22.3 on Win 10.

• wyerichard
    wyerichard Posts: 0

I have been using teamviewer free license for a couple of years. I link my laptop in Singapore to my 97 year old mum's laptop in Bedford England and keep her windows system running skype to allow people to call her and talk to her. Recently she had (still has) a problem with windows update which meant I was online more than usual trying to fault find and sort the issue. I suddenly hit a limit and my sessions became time limited making fault finding impossible. I wrote a one star review on Trustpilot and within an hour was contacted by a Teamviewer person who told me about reset function on the website. I carried this out and rewrote my 1 star to 5 star because this software really is good for what I need and prior to this has worked faultlessly.

However I am still stuck on time limited sessions and there are now two issues with her machine that require more input. This just isn't going to happen in the present scenario. How does a person on a free license get to talk to Teamviwer people to try to sort this out?

• bigvalbowski
    bigvalbowski Posts: 3 ✭✭

You might be waiting a while. I've started a ticket and yet have had no reply either there on the forum. Not sure if anyone from Teamviewer actively checks these or what the typical turnaround for a ticket is.

• PieOPah
    PieOPah Posts: 1
    edited April 2022

So, after about the fourth time of being blocked by Teamviewer, I am now looking for an alternative product that will allow me to connect to my home computer without requiring any interaction.

I have always enjoyed the ease of Teamviewer, but for some reason it always kicks me out thinking I am using it for corporate connections. I only use it to connect to my home PC so I can grab some files or kick start some process.

I am looking to see if I can set up a VPN on my router, [removed per Community Guidelines]

I am getting bored of filling out the 'let me back' form!

Thanks,

• Bare
    Bare Posts: 0

I get a window that says that it has been blocked because of high activity rate...

What does this mean?

• LlekNai
    LlekNai Posts: 0
    edited April 2022

I've been using TeamViewer for years to connect between my personal devices (laptops, phone etc.) and a media server desktop I've got with no monitor connected. TeamViewer is my only way to access this machine without pulling the cupboard apart and connecting a monitor, keyboard and mouse.

I've tried connecting this morning and after 2 sessions were timed out after 3 minutes, it's now flat out refusing to connect and demanding I purchase a commercial licence as it's only free for personal use and high use has been detected.

How do I fix this? I've never had an issue with this before and in truth, my usage the last 2 months has been significantly lower than it normally is - I usually connect daily, but a few months ago I setup more automation on my media server so haven't had as much need to get onto it. Now that I do... I can't.

HELP!?

• __Seb__
    __Seb__ Posts: 0

Have submitted my PCs on free license. I don't use these for commercial. However, I only included 2 out of 3 PCs. When submitting the request next time round it automatically submit old pdf. How I can add new PC to the document?

• Dear TV support.

I started the using the tool for maintenance of a personal laptop (my mothers, 5.000 km away) and get a "commerical use" suspected because of "commercial logos" ("...kundenspezifischen teamviewer-modulen mit eigenem firmenlogo"). Her laptop had an "ACER" logo as default background, and some apps, like "Telecom.AT", all of which have been removed since then. Would you mind to reset her account to indicate her personal status? - to troubleshoot, I tried to use a link from "Esther" describing the issues on the forum, but this is not available anymore. Happy to provide ID and/or IP addresses for verification. Thank you.

• MickT
    MickT Posts: 2 ✭✭

I've had something similar.

I use Teamviewer to support communicaiton with my 89yo Father who lives in aged care interstate. It allows me to remotely run his laptop because frankly, he hasn't got a clue how to do stuff with it (he also has dementia). We have a lot of native birds at my place and I often download photos and videos directly to him via TeamViewer, then we watch them together while I narrate. We do this about once a month.

Last week I tried loading a collection of some larger video files of the birds and got the message above. I too would like to contest this situation with the TeamViewer folks and will try this by first calling the contact phone number on the web page.

Hopefully we can resolve this quickly and amicably.

Cheers,

Mick

• Garvit1979
    Garvit1979 Posts: 1
    edited April 2022

Please reply as soon as possible

• I have been identified as commercial use, which is incorrect as I only connect to 1 pc from time to to time for no financial benefit.

I completed the reset form yesterday and I have still not been unblocked, any idea how long this process takes?

• Elliza
    Elliza Posts: 1

I also have experienced a change when I try to help my 86 year old mom on her ipad. The connection times out after about 1 minute. Is this an official change to the free version of Team Viewer? If not, what could be causing this problem?

• tgw2000
    tgw2000 Posts: 2 ✭✭

I have submitted a reset request on April 1st. I understand there would be a backlog, but roughly how long does this process take?

• DavidSoper1
    DavidSoper1 Posts: 0

Ive been blocked as im wrongly assumed im a proffesional... ive been using free license (which ive held for many years) to help set up my grandsons laptop which i bought for his birthday, trying to contact TeamViewer with a free license is almost impossible

Dave Soper

• amd444
    amd444 Posts: 1

Hello, I only use my account for my home network and family member to offer help, after recently having to re-setup my dads computer. I have had to connect and disconnect a lot over the last week, but now I am blocked from accessing it due to overuse.

I cannot contact support to unfreeze it because I am a free user, does anyone have any ideas to what I can do?

His computer is windows 10 home, so I cannot use remote connect as it needs pro for that.

• Xuedi
    Xuedi Posts: 0

This is not for commercial usage. Please reset my licence

• blueray00
    blueray00 Posts: 1

I have been using Teamviewer for personal use. Yesterday I was using Teamviewer. I clicked on one my contacts to connect to them then 3 instances of the same contact launched. I immediately got blocked from Teamviewer after that and it told me I needed to buy a license to continue using it. How do I fix this problem without buying a license? I am a personal user not corporate.

• JayBurleigh
    JayBurleigh Posts: 4 ✭✭

Team viewer is increasingly being blocked in many organisations (Government).

If Team viewer doesn't work there is no point to me subscribing.

I will have to look for another remote support solution that does work.

Anyone got any workarounds?

• khuts1o
    khuts1o Posts: 0

My connection has been blocked due to suspected commercial use, please help.

• alanwick
    alanwick Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hello

After years of using TeamViewer free without problem, I'm now getting a message "TeamViewer Free does not allow connections to customized TeamViewer clients with your own company logo. Please use the basic QuickSupport or the full version. This session will be terminated after 5 minutes."

I've only ever used TeamViewer to assist my now 94 year old father-in-law remotely. As requested on the TeamViewer website, I filled in the appropriate form to ask TeamViewer support to review my account. That was several weeks ago, but there's been no response. There's a warning that if you resubmit the form, it goes to the back of the queue.

Does anyone have any idea how to get a response from TeamViewer support? Or any idea how to fix this?

Thank you.

Alan