Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• User40
    User40 Posts: 3 ✭✭

TeamViewer has been blocked due to suspicion of commercial use. I am trying to request removal of the ban through reset-management, but the request is not possible. If I am a Korean citizen, I cannot make a request because the Postal Code is always recognized invalid.

Please check this case and solve this.

Thank you.

• Zvi1
    Zvi1 Posts: 4 ✭✭

My parents are in Israel. I am in New Jersey. I have been using Team Viewer almost every day to "connect:" with my father since he is not able / does not understand to set up **bleep** with me. I get the message about "commercial use". I submit the form asking (begging??) to be reset. I am still waiting. There appears to be no other way to communicate with the "powers that be". What can be done to expedite this?

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 894 Community Manager 🌍

Thank you for the clarification, @gibsonm - I am sorry you are having such trouble with the website.

I am still unable to replicate the issue - I have also checked with other users and they were also able to submit the form without issue regarding the ID field.

I have again tested the ID field using both 9 and 10 digit TeamViewer IDs. I have included screenshots of each attempt to replicate what you experienced.

Here I entered a 9 digit TeamViewer ID:

I pressed the button, and the ID is added to the form:

The same also works for 10 digit IDs (with or without another ID already added to the form:

If no ID is entered on the form, when you click the button a red box appears around the button:

And if the ID is entered incorrectly, when you click the button the ID field itself produces a red box:

These screenshots were taken directly from the form this morning as I tested it in my Firefox browser. I also tested in Chrome.

As your issue is not yet able to be replicated, it is hard to provide exact resolutions to what you experience. I hope my screenshots above provide some more clarification. Please clear cache and cookies and try again, or even in another browser.

You can also let us know about what browser you are using, in case that could be the issue - I have tested on the latest versions of Firefox and Chrome.

Regarding emails to "add a device" - these are Trusted Device emails, which are required by all TeamViewer accounts - free or paid - in order to sign into TeamViewer services. Alternatively, you can set up two factor authentication to sidestep this process. TFA is also for both paid or free users.

Thanks in advance for any more clarifications regarding your issue @gibsonm . Any additional info you can provide that could help us replicate the issue you experienced may help us find out the root cause.

@Bardski - You will receive an email stating the IDs you submitted on the form have been reset. It will be sent to the email address associated with the account you logged into the reset form with. Hope this helps 😁

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

• WhatIsWrong
    WhatIsWrong Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited May 2022

As others have noted, the reset form does not work.

[removed per Community Guidelines]

• redgreen
    redgreen Posts: 1

I already submitted to unlock “commercial use detected” once, and I like to add 2 more IDs, I cannot see submitting page anymore. How I do this ?

1566102140 Posts: 0

• JustAsIAm
    JustAsIAm Posts: 4 ✭✭

I am using TeamViewer. About 3-4 times a week to help senior citizens repair/configure their computers. I am also spending some time teaching those same people how to use their computers. Furthermore, I am NOT charging them any money at all. Everything I do is voluntary.

However, TeamViewer is giving me an error (included in this post). The "More Info" link takes me to a licensing page. This is not the first time this has happened. Can please I get my license reset, so I can continue to help these people? I tried filling out the form online, but the "sign form" option does not work no matter which browser I use.

• gibsonm
    gibsonm Posts: 9 ✭✭
    edited May 2022

@JoshP Update:

1. I get asked yet again about a trusted device - same laptop, same browser, same location and IP address as the last 4 times. :(
    2. This time the "generate and upload PDF" adopts a white background for a period and then reverts to white writing on blue background.
    3. No idea if that means it worked - no feedback received.
    4. What do I do wait 5 working (I guess?) days and hope????
  • LeonSKennedy
    LeonSKennedy Posts: 3 ✭✭

The same issue, submitted unlock/reset but no updates at all.

• AntAptive
    AntAptive Posts: 1

Hi, I had to re-install TeamViewer because I was getting a DLL error, I reinstalled it and now I can't connect with TeamViewer at all. It said I had five minutes before the connection was terminated, and it instantaneously disconnected. I have tried re-installing and it didn't fix it. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

• Tribikn1
    Tribikn1 Posts: 8 ✭✭

This happened at the end of 2021 and I got that corrected. However, they again block me yesterday for the same reason. So the person I am helping bought the individual license for a single user. I thought that would allow me on 3 of his devices. I could not get on the phone. So is it one user one device?

• MorsusMihi
    MorsusMihi Posts: 1

My PC has been flagged, How do i get them to reverse it,

I have filled out the form on the site but i still cannot use the free team viewer.

I only use Team Viewer to connect to my media server at home

• MarioRGarcia
    MarioRGarcia Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited May 2022

Hi,

I am using Teamviewer to access my laptop at home using a free version.

I am always getting the message:

Connection blocked after timeout

Your license limits the masimum session .....

Connections to this partner will blocked until...

I am not in any way trying to connect with a device that is not consider: commercial

Please help

• eKazz
    eKazz Posts: 2 ✭✭

I have experienced the same issue with only one of five computers (all Win 10), starting mid May '22. It appears the "licensing problem....." error message is the new version of "suspected commercial use" message. If you click on the "detail" button, it will take you this page. https://www.teamviewer.com/en-us/info/commercial-use/

From there you can link to the commercial-use form https://www.teamviewer.com/en-us/support/commercial-use-suspected/

I have done this previously few years back, but I just resubmitted the form again (5/28/22).

I'll find out if this fixes the problem in a few days.

• LordZero
    LordZero Posts: 4 ✭✭

So I went to check into my personal computer at work and now Teamviewer is kicking me out of sessions after a minute saying a need a commercial license. Our company does have a commercial license (Chewy), but I just wanted to check on some personal stuff while at work. Any way to fix this?

• AEB001
    AEB001 Posts: 4 ✭✭

i was just about to post "my teamviewer hasnt worked for a few weeks now. This is the second time i've contacted you. i cannot connect to my loungreroom pc because you have deemed it a commercial connection. That pc has no keyboard as it is a media centre. I connect to it twice a week" but it seems like your post & a few others cover exactly the same thing. cant wait to see the responce

• AEB001

exactly the same issue

• AEB001
    edited May 2022

• AEB001

eKazz Posts: 1 Newbie

10:48AM

I have experienced the same issue with only one of five computers (all Win 10), starting mid May '22. It appears the "licensing problem....." error message is the new version of "suspected commercial use" message. If you click on the "detail" button, it will take you this page. https://www.teamviewer.com/en-us/info/commercial-use/

From there you can link to the commercial-use form https://www.teamviewer.com/en-us/support/commercial-use-suspected/

I have done this previously few years back, but I just resubmitted the form again (5/28/22).

I'll find out if this fixes the problem in a few days.

• teamvieweruser_123
    teamvieweruser_123 Posts: 4 ✭✭

Does Teamviewer not work with VPN ? I am using the free licence and it constantly says i am a commercial user... I have found this to be the case when I Teamveiwer connect into one of my devices connected to a VPN overseas.

• teamvieweruser_123
    teamvieweruser_123 Posts: 4 ✭✭

Does Teamviewer not work with VPN ? I am using the free licence and it constantly says i am a commercial user... I have found this to be the case when I Teamviewer connect into one of my devices connected to a VPN overseas.

• marklinford
    marklinford Posts: 1

I use only personal (free). I constantly get flagged as being a commercial user. I can't get reset

• MickT
    MickT Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited May 2022

I use TeamViewer to transfer wildlife videos and photos taken at home to my elderly and very ill father who lives in aged care interstate and which I then load and run for him. I have some special native birds who visit and do some fun things which he enjoys to view/see.

However some of the video files are quite large or there are multiple videos and high quality photos that I try to load to his laptop. The activity of loading these files across to his laptop via TeamViewer appears to have been presumed by TeamViewer admins to be commercial use. This is not correct - it is all private use and I receive no financial compensation.

Since my last submission of the reset form to TeamViewer admins for account reactivation, I have been given limited TeamViewer access where I now only have several sessions of roughly 3 mins duration each before my access is disabled.

I've tried submitting another reset form but it fails to upload after signing (something not uncommon to others based on this thread). This is now unworkable and it's a shame that TeamViewer admins seem so unresponsive and apparently not prepared to review the facts of the situation.

I really like TeamViewer but will have to seek an alternative that will let me remotely run my Father's laptop and support file transfers of the videos and photos that he gets so much pleasure from. Something like **Third Party Product** may do the job...

It's so sad and unnecessary and could be resolved really quickly otherwise.

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @Dtra0627h,

Thank you for posting here.

Could you explain to us a little more about the issues you are experiencing, so we can understand the situation better?

Thanks in advance.

/JeanK

Community Manager

• leonteale
    leonteale Posts: 0

my connection has been blocked because of very high activity levels suggesting professional use.

this isn't the case. How can I unblock this? I simply use TV to connect to 2 of my machine alternatively depending on which one I am using in order to check something on it.

but TV in all their wisdom didn't think the free their people deserve a support ticket.

any thoughts on how I can get them to unblock it?

thanks

• PVK444
    PVK444 Posts: 0

Hi,

I am using the free license of TeamViewer to access computers (a laptop, a desktop computer and a small server) on my home network. This is purely for personal use. I am the only one who has access to the computers and only use TeamViewer occasionally to check on some applications. Over the last two days I closed / opened a connection more often than usual, as a small program I was running on one of the computers was buggy. Apparently TeamViewer now assumed that I would be using the software professionally.

Thus, two questions:

a) What are the limitation of the free license with regards to either online-time or number of logins? Was not aware there exists such a limit, but apparently it does.

b) What do I need to do to have the lock removed again? Does it unlock itself again after a certain (cool-down) period, or do I need to contact support?

Any help in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Peter