Remove TeamViewer icon from Mac Finder menu bar...

Options

How can we Remove TeamViewer icon from Mac's Finder menu bar... Thank you.

Answers

• RyderCragie
    RyderCragie Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

I have TeamViewer installed on my Mac and I would like to know how I can hide the app icon from the Menu Bar at the top please. This doesn't seem to be an option in Settings.

• RyderCragie
    RyderCragie Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

Also, how can I change my profile picture on this forum?

• iDonna
    iDonna Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

Is there an answer to this?

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,987 Community Manager 🌍
    edited November 2022
    Options

Hello @iDonna and @RyderCragie,

Welcome to the TeamViewer Community! 🚀

Apple has published an article on removing items from the Finder toolbar:

📄 Customize the Finder toolbars on Mac (external link)

Let me know if this is the answer you were looking for. 🙂

/JeanK

Community Manager

• iDonna
    Options

Hello JeanK.. thank you for responding. I'm referring to this. I want them removed from all accounts created on a system. TIA, -Donna

• JeanK
    Options

It seems that you haven't granted all TeamViewer permissions on the device. This is why it is showing this yellow warning sign.

To grant all the required permissions, please follow these instructions: Remote control a Mac

Looking forward to your reply.

/JeanK

Community Manager

• iDonna
    Options

I know what the yellow warning sign means. I am asking how we can TOTALLY REMOVE the TeamView icon from Finder toolbar. It is getting installed when TeamViewer is installed. It cannot be removed with Apple's KB article (Command drag the icon doesn't work).

It should be an option to add it to the Finder toolbar. It shouldn't be a permanently installed in the Finder toolbar which it is.

• JeanK
    Options

After talking to our dev team, I can confirm that this icon appears when Start with System is enabled.

You must disable this option if you don't want to see the icon in the toolbar.

/JeanK

Community Manager

• rockville_family
    Options

Sorry to revive an old thread, but: Looks like that icon is shown in the menu bar on MacOS whenever TeamViewer is running, not just when it starts via "Start with System".

The menu bar on newer macs is precious real estate, with the advent of the "notch". When too many icons are in the menu bar, some are simply silently hidden by the OS - so keeping unnecessary items out of the menu bar is important.

TeamViewer already shows in the Dock when it is running, so there is no strong need to have it shown in the menu bar - and at least, that should be optional - configurable in the settings.

Please consider this as a feature request.

• MoreCoffee
    MoreCoffee Posts: 47 Staff member 🤠
    edited January 11
    Options

@rockville_family The status menu always show if TeamViewer is configured to start with macOS to indicate that TeamViewer is still running in the background, and potentially (depending on configuration of course) providing remote access to the device.

It is not expected that a TeamViewer icon would be in the menu bar if you do not have TeamViewer configured to start with macOS.

You can check this setting in Settings –> Device –> General –> Start TeamViewer with macOS.

If you are still using the classic UI, there's a checkbox on the Remote Control tab to turn Start with system off.