super slow connections

Options
JonAMR1234___
JonAMR1234___ Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited September 2022 in General questions

every time someone logs on my computer they say the connection is super slow, what can I do ?

Answers

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,990 Community Manager 🌍
    Options

Hello @JonAMR1234___,

Welcome to the TeamViewer Community! 🚀

You could try to ask the user who's connecting to you to Optimize speed during the connection.

They will be able to set it up during the remote control session in the dashboard under Actions → Quality:

If this does not work, you could also try to Disable hardware acceleration on your computer.

You can do this in your TeamViewer settings under Extras → Options → Advanced → More:

💡Hint: If the Disable hardware acceleration tip didn't work, please untick it again.

Let me know if this has worked for you!

/JeanK

Community Manager

• JonAMR1234___
    JonAMR1234___ Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Thank you for responding, the first option has been tried and works sometimes. The second option, I do not have (disable hardware acceleration). Maybe because I have the free version ? Any other suggestions ? Thank you

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,990 Community Manager 🌍
    Options

You're welcome!

I can assure you there is no performance difference between the free and the paid version.

The suggestions I posted are the only known troubleshooting methods for performance issues.

Please note that the performance is also heavily dependent on the stability and the performance of the bandwidth used on both sides of the connection. If one of both users has connection issues, it will impact the TeamViewer Remote Control fluidity. Therefore, it's very difficult to find adjustments on the software regarding latency during connections, as the main part is happening on the network side.

Hopefully, other users will jump in with other suggestions! 🍀

/JeanK

Community Manager