How to connect USB port from local to remote computer

Options

Hi!

I would ask about how can I access the USB port from local to remote computer.

Here is the example,

I access my PC from my Laptop via TeamViewer. I plugged in my mobile device to the laptop. is it possible to the PC accesses my mobile device that plugged in the laptop?

Thankls

Answers

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 894 Community Manager 🌍
    Options

Hello @septovan

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the TeamViewer community!

It sounds to me like you are referring to USB redirection - that is, forwarding the ports of one device to another so any peripheral is seen as connected to the second device. If that is the case, please know that TeamViewer currently does not offer the ability to forward the ports of a device; when you plug your mobile device into your laptop, the remote PC is not able to detect it via the TeamViewer connection.

If USB redirection is a feature you are interested in, I would recommend posting more about your use case in our Ideas Hub - this is where our Product Owners and support teams actively track such user feedback!

👉Ideas Hub

However, if you simply need to transfer files from your mobile phone to the remote PC, you can use the Transfer File feature available within the TeamViewer session. You can have a look at our dedicated article to know more about it:

👉Transfer Files

I hope this helps explain it a bit for you! If you would like to provide any more clarifications, please feel free to reply in this thread again.

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

• septovan
    septovan Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Hi @JoshP

Thank you for your response, appreciate it.