Remote control using Windows mouse with touch-screen (Android) devices

PBear_SF
PBear_SF Posts: 2 ✭✭

I've read many FAQs, watched several videos and perused a dozen or more community posts but nowhere can I find the most basic instructions on how to use a mouse in Windows to remote control an Android touch-screen tablet.

Do the basic touch gestures, such as swipe and long-press, just work exactly the same with a mouse -- or are there more arcane mouse equivalents, such as double-clicking in place of long-pressing, or right-clicking an object and choosing "long press" from a menu/right-clicking an empty space on a home page and choosing "swipe" from a menu, etc?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• PBear_SF
    PBear_SF Posts: 2 ✭✭

Yes, thank you.  That's exactly what I wanted to know.

Regards.

• danr
    danr Posts: 2 ✭✭

The solutions presented worked, however it did not answer the one question about a long press.  Our android app uses many long press functions.  What is the equivalent mouse functions to generate a long press?

• Jonathan
    Jonathan Posts: 242 [Former Staff]

Hi danr,

Thanks for your post!

The long press function that you are asking about is not currently a function that is available when controlling your Android devices from a PC.

I will be happy to submit this as a feature request to our Product Managment team if you would like.

All the best,

Jonathan

• danr
    danr Posts: 2 ✭✭

Yes, please submit that for a feature request.  Long press is integral to our application.

Thanks

• Jonathan
    Jonathan Posts: 242 [Former Staff]

Hi danr,

Thanks for your reply!

I have added your request to our feature request tool. There is no guarantee that it will be implemented but we do value your feedback.

All the best,

Jonathan

• Good afternoon, I do not know if I understood correctly but TeamViewer would have the option of using my cell phone that has the OTG option to use the mouse and keyboard in ANDROID remote access to WINDOWS ?? Because I have to stay pressed for the mouse to move.