Dragging windows between monitors

hotblooded
hotblooded Posts: 1
edited May 2023 in General questions

Good morning,

I'm having an issue when I try to drag windows between multiple monitors.  In Windows 10 and TeamViewer 12 (I don't believe this happened in TeamViewer 11), when I try to drag a window between monitors, it snaps the window to the side of the screen instead of dragging it to the next screen.  There are the same number of monitors on each end and they are the same resolution.  Is there a way to resolve this?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• elbea64
    elbea64 Posts: 70 ✭✭

This was also the case with TeamViewer 11. If you move the mouse too close to the edge of the screen, the window will snap to the edge.
    The solution is simple: when moving the window out of the screen, make sure your mouse has enough room to the edge.

Another way to get the window to another screen is to minimize it, switch to the desired screen and then restore the window, it should be restored on the actual screen.

»We are all born unique, but most of us will die as a copy.«
  • mLipok
    mLipok Posts: 781 ⭐Star⭐

@elbea64 wrote:

Another way to get the window to another screen is to minimize it, switch to the desired screen and then restore the window, it should be restored on the actual screen.

How to switch to second screen (second monitor on the same PC).

Regards,
    mLipok , AutoIt MVP
  • elbea64
    elbea64 Posts: 70 ✭✭

PYs8Xfb

»We are all born unique, but most of us will die as a copy.«
  • mLipok
    mLipok Posts: 781 ⭐Star⭐

Definitly I must buy new glasses ;)

Regards,
    mLipok , AutoIt MVP
  • Antur
    Antur Posts: 3 ✭✭

In the past i used to drag windows from one screen to another simply by dragging them. It wasn't important if both screens of the guest computer had been flipped. Now it somehow feels more sticky, because dragging across my window boundaries stops, when reaching the  windows border.

I need to stop and catch the window again to move it around in the second tv-window. It's more inconvenient.

Also drag&drop of files to my desktop only appears to be working properly if a single windows is open only or at least the main monitor is used to perform this

• awund
    awund Posts: 1

i hope there is a way you can make this work (even if optionally) but it would be much more natural feeling

• R123
    R123 Posts: 1

This used to work perfectly in previous version but not in Teamviewer 12. I'll hope it will be fixed soon so we do need to search for another product.

• @elbea64 wrote:

This was also the case with TeamViewer 11. If you move the mouse too close to the edge of the screen, the window will snap to the edge.
    The solution is simple: when moving the window out of the screen, make sure your mouse has enough room to the edge.

suggestion from elbea64 is not convinient.

if you working with multipls scr's then you are moving windows from one scr to another by dragging it all the way from one to another. hence, to leave more space for mouse cursor to the edge of the scr is pain in the *ss cause you need to drop the window in the same scr while half way to the next, then drag it from the other scr...no not a solution.

other suggested solution does not work if you are working with multiple scr's.

version 11 was not having that problem for sure, therefore i removed version 12 and went back to 11, and all worsk fine

so, is there a solution to this at all ? but the real solution, to drag and drop windows without any tricks that are time consuming ? or solution is version 13 ? :)

• Antur
    Antur Posts: 3 ✭✭

That's exactly the effect I observed. Unfortunately we need to use Version 12, since we also offer a link to be used by our customers to always get the newest customized quick support client. ...

In addition to this I also frequently noticed: If I drag a file from a customer's explorer window to my desktop, it doesn't work at once. It often gets lost at the customer's desktop (moved there) and the copy process complains about a non existing file to copy from the folder. Drag&drop from the customer's _desktop_ then works. Usually the file needs to be moved back to the original folder afterwards

• TeamViewer, PLEASE fix this very annoying issue. I did not have this problem with Windows 10 using TV 11. It is especially annoying for trying to drag Windows Explorer windows back and forth because when it snaps on the edge of the screen, it also grabs whatever shortcut is in the left navigation bar. This caused my to accidentally copy multiple shortcuts and folders into the window I was trying to move. Then I had to hunt for the copied items to delete them and stop it from attempting to copy my entire C: into a folder on my desktop! Having to resize, carefully half-drag, drop, move to other screen, finish drag, and resize is KILLING my productivity.

• This is 5 years too late but I just purchased a teamviewer licence nad this can be fixed pretty easily if you have a gpu.

Just configure your computer's monitors to surround using your gpu vendor's software so the computer will read them as one and use the "show all monitors" option in team viewer and voila! You can now drag windows, drag files and folders between monitors remotely.