How to Install TeamViewer on Mac?

MarkVergara
MarkVergara Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited June 2023 in General questions

We have a couple Mac computers in our corporate environment and have not yet installed TeamViewer on them. I have an appointment tomorrow with 2 of the people who have Macs and am wondering how I am going to get TeamViewer insatlled and running on their computers.

I am presuming that the install executables we use for the Windows computers will certainly not work for the Macs. So, how do i go about getting a Mac install file?

I have scoured the TeamViewer site and management console for any hint of how to buildout the executable installation file but have found nothing. Any insight?

Tagged:

Comments

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi @MarkVergara

Thanks for your post.

If you would like to install TeamViewer on the Mac, you can find the right download packages here: Download TeamViewer for Mac

On this page you´ll find the TeamViewer full version as well as the Host module and the QuickSupport and QuickJoin module.

If you wonder which module fits best for your needs, you can have a look into this article in which we explained the different module: TeamViewer modules

I hope this helps you.

All the best, Esther

Former Community Manager

• MarkVergara
    edited January 2023

I didn't quite clarify the issue so my apologies. The issue is we have a corporate account and I need to get our installer setup unattended access for 2 Mac computers. I am meeting remotley with the 2 users tomorrow and will have to either push the installer out to them using another tool (**Third Party Product**) or hopefully be able to download an unattended access installer for Mac.

Since I do not have a Mac computer to do any testing I cannot verify anything until I work the users tomorrow. I am guessing the option provided is not what I need. Is this correct?

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi again @MarkVergara,

Thanks for getting back so quickly.

Maybe this article helps you, if you are ok with deploying the TeamViewer Host: Script based Host deployment on macOS

I need to update the article because it says TeamViewer 12, but it is also valid for TeamViewer 13.

Hope this helps you,

Esther

Former Community Manager

• MarkVergara

Thanks for the scripting which looks like it would work; however I assume I do not have sufficient privileges to be able to get to the following:

link-to-your-custom-host-module
    link-to-the-assignment-tool
    API-token-of-your-host-module

I have scoured my entire Tean Viewer managment console and it would seem I should be able to find those in the "Design & Deploy" area of it. I am met with an "Insufficient permissions" message when attemopting to access that area.

I suppose this will have to be escalated to our IT Director as I believe he is the only one with such permissions