TeamViewer why free

Dear Sir / Madam,

1.We use the program TeamViewer for many years.
2. Why is the remote maintenance program TeamViewer offered free of charge.
3. Of the free users TeamViewer GmbH gets no money.
4.The trust of our customers is no longer given by the free version.
5.We as EDP technicians build up our own competition if the customer is our customer module
    on his PC sees, he does not find it necessary then that he calls us but
     over acquaintances or friends the remote maintenance accomplishes thus I give the customer off.
6.Some banks no longer use TeamViewer through the free version.

7. Why not make a limited version of 30 days with registration for the test user.

8.We have found that even computer companies use the free version.

9.TeamViewer is a professional program, why free.

Kind regards
Sepp

Comments

• Scotty
    Scotty Posts: 493 Staff member 🤠

Hi sepp,

Thanks for your post.

TeamViewer believes that remote support software should be available for personal use free of charge and should not only be restricted to paid users. This is to allow users to assist friends and family with technical issues as well as allow people remote access to their own devices.

However, we have taken measures to ensure that, without an appropriate license, our software is not used for commercial, and thus illegal activities.

TeamViewer includes various anonymous detection methods to check if the software is being used in commercial environments.

We do only offer the software as a trial for Commercial use without a license.

When installing the software with a license, you can set it up as a custom module to spread your branding. You can also have a whitelist applied to this and remove the random password so you are the only ones that can connect.

I hope this answers your question.

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
    Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
  • sepp
    sepp Posts: 17

Teamviewer is in my opinion a professional program we pay about 1100 Euro license fees.And private person does not pay a cent we finance the private person and build our ownCompetition on.Kind regardsSepp