teamviewer.com link icon
or
Ask The Community

Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• JackHK
    JackHK Posts: 86
    I tried and I was disconnected in 1-2 minutes time... that's so sad!
  • Thank you your reply. But I just use Teamviewer to transfer the files beetween my computers. There is no payment in my activities. What do I need to dp to prevent this case happening again? I can't complete my work beacuse of problem. 

• If you're just using TV to transfer files, it would be easier to use cloud services.  Google has one, it's called Drive.  You can configure it so that you use file manager to drop into a folder, and in less than a few minutes it appears in the corresponding folder of your destination computer.  I am confident it works with MAC, too.

When I need to share files with linux devices (including Raspberry Pi), I use a network attached storage (NAS)  Most newer routers will allow you to attach an external USB drive to it and the combination acts as an NAS.  This latter is faster than cloud based services and can be used on to share files on all OS's.

• Teamviewer is not responding. So I have to uninstall it? This is useless. I would have liked an answer before changing the product.

• pv7721
    pv7721 Posts: 139 ✭✭

AFAIK, the file transfer speed was drastically limited for free users.

• Incorrect choice of commercial use during installation, resulting in a trial period. How to restore the personal free version.

• I have no problem with speed.

"Teamviever group" is not responding about my problem (Commercial use, but it' a private use)

• pv7721

@AriannaMicrochi : no one from TV will respond in this thread, you'll need to look at the 1st page, there's a link to a form you'll need to fill and wait for an eventual answer... 

• Yes, I have filled out the form. I'm waiting for an answer.

But if it must happen often, I'll change product.

• hello my personnal account is locked because the system think that i am professional but i am not a professional i just use it to help my familly and friends a few times . 

i would like to unclock my account. 

best regards

• Hi 

I have the same problem.

• It's simple:

Solution 1: 

Buy a license

Solution 2:

Find the link to the form you need to fill out by going through this forum.  Fill it out and send it in.  Wait several weeks to several months for a response.  The response may be "send in a signed affidavit that you are non-commercial" but you are not given where to send it.  You cannot send it to customer support because you are not a paid subscriber,  So attach the image to your reply to the "send an affidavit"

Sometime after that, again waiting weeks to months, if you're lucky, with notice or without, your account starts working again.  Or not.

Solution 3:

Use another remote control program

• kwing
    kwing Posts: 1
    every time i uninstall and download it keeps asking me to buy and my trail version already expire. The download says free for personal use which it is for my personal use but it’s not free. I keep looking at youtube on how to reset it but it got complicated. Is there an easier way?
  • Solution 1:  27.90EUR/mo to help family??? NO!
    Solution 2: yes. I've done. And now my account is again considered commercial.
    Solution 3: [removed per Community Guidelines]

• pv7721

@Stanislav : what's the TV official position on the ever growing thread of users being incorrectly accused of commercial usage (https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/TeamViewer-General/TeamViewer-thinks-I-m-using-the-software-commercially/td-p/8284) Thank you!

LE: I initially posted this for an upcoming AMA (Ask Me Anything) but it hasn't been accepted...

• Hallo @Natascha  @Esther @EstherH @Reyhan  @Bernd @afabi ,

Ich warte nun schon seit mehr als 1 Monat auf eine Antwort bzw rückstellung meiner Lizenz!

Ich möchte bitte endlich mal eine Stellungnnahme / Antwort!!

Ich habe über das Formular einen antrag gestellt und nichts ist geschehen!

Ich habe per E-mail kontakt aufgenommen , das Formular unterschieben und wurde aufs Forum verwiesen. Im Forum geht auch nichts weiter!

Ich habe postalisch und auch via Internet Schlichtungsstellen Kontakt aufgenommen ebenso ohne erfolg!

Was ist so schwer eine FEHL INSTALLATION MIT KOMMERZIELLER NUTZUNGS SPERRE RAUS ZU NEHMEN????

Ich bitte endlich um Stellungnnahme!!

• Hello
    I use Teamviewer every day privately and not commercially because on only one of my computers I have photoshop installed. Except that now I have an incessant pop up that tells me: Professional use
    Commercial use has been detected and my session will be interrupted in 5 minutes.
    I also got the following message:
    Your license limits the maximum session time with a partner, immediate reconnections are blocked. Please try again later or upgrade your license

• I had the commercial version in the past but now i want to have the free version. Although i uninstalled team viewer (and the settings off the app) from my pc and installed the free version it didn't work. It does not allow me to connect with a partner, it still shows a message that i used the commercial. How can i get the free version (just for private usage) and get rid of the commercial? Thank you in advance.

• mrsimmy
    mrsimmy Posts: 1

Hello guys, some weeks ago I received an alert that Teamviewer thinked I use this software for commercial purpose and so locked my use in 3 minutes.
    I used the common form explaining my reasons and received the answer from Teamviewer support Team... they believed me and says they set my account to free again.

But it still doesn't work. I still can't use teamviewer from my desktop to control my notebook on the same LAN. It is very sad. What can I do?

• JackHK
    JackHK Posts: 86
    Thank you for your feedback! We are on the same boat. BTW, TV team will not read this community thread, you have to write it in the "Feedback" after your account log in page. Anyway, good luck!
  • I have been using Team viewer for several use for personal use. I have never used it in works environment. But I use my works laptop at home. I use the latest version. In the last 6 months, the team viewer gets disconnected in 5 minutes and is asking me to wait.

When I am not using team viewer in "work environment", why is this happening. I have always praised team viewer for providing this free and good quality service for personal use.

Can you please offer a solution in my case.

Kind regards

• Alecz
    Alecz Posts: 1

I just downloaded and install TeamViewer 14 for personal use on my personal Windows 7 PC. I connect to a friend's personal PC to supervise an online application they are doing, however, after about five minutes the session times out and I need to wait 10 minutes before I can reconnect.

This is the message I am getting:

"This was a free session sponsored by www.teamviewer.com.
    TeamViewer sessions are free of charge for personal use.

We thank you for playing fair!

Your TeamViewer session has timed out and will be closed.

Is this something new from the TeamViewer team? To limit the personal use sessions to 5 minutes with a timeout of 10 minutes?

• H3GE
    H3GE Posts: 2 ✭✭
    ICH WILL ICH WILL ICH WILL, also ehrlich, wie kann man nur so drauf sein - TeamViewer bietet von sich aus eine kostenlose Nutzung für den Privatgebrauch an, ich lass mir ja einreden wenn man sich darüber aufregt, dass man als Nutzer einer Lizenz zu einem Lizenzupdate gedrängt, eigentlich schon genötigt wird, aber doch nicht, weil man einen kostenlos zur Verfügung gestellten Dienst nicht nutzen kann....
  • Gamusinator
    Gamusinator Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Bump
  • i have the same problem, any answer?
  • Akala
    Akala Posts: 9

well I got my email  saying it was free again - though I still get the nag at the beginning warning me about commercial usage (that makes it sound like it thinks that's what I'm using it for) but I manage to connect to my mother's pc for several hours over the weekend. Mind you that's just one of her computers, so we'll see when I connect to another one. I did have one person connect to me to check it out, it was only for a few minutes but that was ok too, hopefully the problem is fixed

• mafede
    mafede Posts: 6

Captura.JPG

• You're lucky I am getting no answers for more than a month now !

• Still no answer from support !!!!! It's been more than a month now. What a shame.

• pv7721

@Anthony75 : yeah well technically they support paying customers, we're basically doing a favor for personal users, but probably this strains their architecture, so unless we pay, we're more than free to look for alternatives.