Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• Danieeel
    Danieeel Posts: 1

Reinstall Teamviewer and make sure to select personal use.

• pv7721
    pv7721 Posts: 151 ✭✭

Meh, just saw a 20% discount offer for the 1st year, which means that nevertheless the cheapest 1 seat licence is almost 270 euros per year (again, for the 1st year only).

• bazbsg
    bazbsg Posts: 112 ✭✭

I had been through this exercise some time ago. I was suspected of commercial use and blocked and filled in the form and waited over a month before I was allowed to use TV again.

Last week I was traveling on vacation. I stayed in a few different hotels. In one of them when I connected to my home to see my security cameras, I got a pop up that said they KNEW I was using it commercially. I was allowed to continue and I haven't been blocked again yet but I'm still concerned that I will be soon.

So what about being in a hotel and checking my home means that I am commercial use?

• pv7721

@bazbsg : it's just an educated guess, but from the messages I see on this topic, it seems that Personal use has been restricted to almost nothing, I get flagged for connecting on the same network to another computer... but it also seems that they flag almost everything that goes over the Internet (probably through their servers) And basically once you get flagged, there seems to be no going back (unless you pay big bucks, of course)

• davmax
    davmax Posts: 14 ✭✭

I have discovered that this time I have NOT been blocked for commercial reasons. Apparently Teamviewr has changed so much that all my quick support user friends will be disconnected in 5 minutes because quick support is out of date, in fact when going to update I can find no option to install the latest version, instead the full version only appears to be available. With this installed on the client computer there is no advice that a disconnect will occur in 5 minutes. That is a relief..

•  I also have same problem. Is the problem solved ?

• EddieV
    EddieV Posts: 3

I use Teamviewer for personal use only. On March 11th, 2019 after submitting this form once before, I received an email from <[email protected]> That stated:
    "Dear TeamViewer User,

Thank you for getting in touch with us. We are happy to inform you that your TeamViewer ID has been reset to “free”. After reviewing your request, we decided that your use case can be qualified as “personal”.

Awesome... But the client on my PC still says "Trial Expired" and after following several steps listed in the community to see if my client would update to Personal Use, it has not worked. This is a Windows 10 Home PC, not a server.

I have tried restarting the Teamviewer Service, Rebooting the PC, logging out and back in via the client, selected "check for license update," and a combination of all the above. No matter what I try, it will not reset the Trail Version Expired status. I have not re-installed the client and my ID is the same as when I requested help and was approved for free use. 

Can someone help?

Thank you,
    Ed

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 894 Senior Moderator

Hello @EddieV,

Thank you for your post.

Could you please verify the ID where the message appears is the same ID that you submitted on the form? It could be the other ID in the connection that is flagged. If this were the case, the other ID would need its own form in order to remove the message.

Please restart both sides and try the connection again. If the issue persists, please submit the form for the second ID.

Hope this helps!

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

• I only use teamviewer to connect to my computers when I'm out of town.

This is probably the 8th time in a row this has happened now. I'm not doing anything dodgy i'm literally just remoting in to my home security pc and my study computer. 
    Waiting 2 weeks to get the commerical use alert removed to use it again is annoying and within a couple of weeks it comes back. ARGH.
    Cant something be done, teamviers commercial detection doesnt work.

• NRANM
    NRANM Posts: 1

A while ago TeamViewer swtiched to trial for no reason, and it expired.

I used the official form to reset my ID to personal/free usage, and several days later I received a confirmation that my ID had indeed been reset. However, nothing changed, TeamViewer still showed as an expired trial.

I used a different contact method to ask for further assistance. Never received a response.

A few days ago I used the Feedback form in TeamViewer, and received a useless automated response.

I came across advice to restart the TeamViewer service, however I use the portable version, there is no service. I even installed the standard/installable version, and it also shows as a trial version.

I don't know if the whole ID reset process is automated and if it usually works and I'm an exception, but I can't help but feel **bleep** around.

If nothing can or will be done about this, I would at least appreciate a direct answer so I can try and find alternatives.

• AlenaC
    AlenaC Posts: 915 Moderator

Hi @NRANM ,

thank you for your post. Could you please send me your Email address in a DM, so that I can check if we have received the form?

Thanks in advance and sorry for the caused inconvenience. 

Have a nice weekend,

Alena :)

Spanish Community Moderator :)

• EddieV

Do you want me to post the ID here in the forum? I tried re-submitting the form a while back, but kept getting an error. That is why I was posting in the forum instead. 

Thanks!

Ed

• jacottin
    jacottin Posts: 5

Hi Natascha, 

I'm experiencing the same problem of "expired trial" even if my TeamViewer ID has been reset to free. I tried to uninstall/reinstall the soft, clean the registry, all the tips and tricks I could find online, but still, the situation remains the same on this computer. 

By "restart the TeamViewer service", you mean the service running on the computer I'm trying to access ?

Because I don't know what else I should do on the computer I'm using to access the remote computer ?

Thanks in advance for your help

Maxime Jacottin

• Yuri_T
    Yuri_T Posts: 2,256 [Former Staff]

Hi @EddieV ,

Thank you for your post.

For your safety, you can't put your TeamViewer ID in the forum.

If you restart both of devices, and still it does not work, please try to raise a ticket for the other TeamViewer ID.

I apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Best regards,
    Yuri

Former Japanese Community Moderator
  • Yuri_T
    Yuri_T Posts: 2,256 [Former Staff]

Hi @jacottin ,

Thank you for your post.

Could you please double check the ID where the message appears is the same ID that you submitted on the form? It could be the other ID in the connection that is flagged. If this were the case, the other ID would need its own form in order to remove the message.

Please restart both sides and try the connection again. If the issue persists, please submit the form for the second ID. 

Hope this will be helpful.

Best regards,
    Yuri

Former Japanese Community Moderator
  • davide4
    davide4 Posts: 1

I sent the declaration of private use on 02/25/19 and now to 04/08/19 I have not yet received a reply. Can anyone tell me how long to wait and if they really answer? thank you

• I'm a student, i try to creat account free but i don't know why it show on display " teamviewer trial and 1 day remaining " please help me check my account. I use teamviewer for control my laptop of studing some time i control laptop of sister for help her because my specialized is IT. 

Thanks

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,970 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @Photosthanh,

Thank you for your message.

You will need to fill out the personal verification form.

You will find all the information you need in our Knowledge Base article here: Why do I see TeamViewer trial - 'Your trial period has expired'?

I hope this could help. If not, do not hesitate to ask your questions here.

Cheers

Jean

Community Manager

• EddieV

So, magically, it now shows as a status of Free after posting in the forum here... Strange. After being notified it was reviewed and accepted as a personal usage ID, it took a month to update. 

Is that normal? 

Thank you,
    Ed

• pv7721

@davide4 : they say they do, but in reality, who knows? I for one abandoned all hope, I still get nagged, even after sending the declaration

• Thanks yous for repply my trouble but I can't find verification form. Please give me verification form. I still waiting for you because mt account have been lock ( 0 day remaining ).

• gboy8510
    gboy8510 Posts: 1

I have completed the Decalaration of Personal Use form but do not know for what device this message was for. I use Teamviewer only for personal use (family and my own PCs) for many years. By accident I deleted the original message so I don't know to whom I can return this form to.

Can you help?

Thank you 

• I use Team Viewer for my family and i don't use Team Viewer foe make a money ( business ). But i don't know why my Team Viewer was expired and now i can't use my TeamViewer. i need your help so early. Thanks.

• AlenaC
    AlenaC Posts: 915 Moderator

Hi @Photosthanh ,

thank you for your post.

Please read these articles Why do I see TeamViewer trial - 'Your trial period has expired' ? / Why do I see 'Commercial use suspected' / 'Commercial use detected'  for more information. There you can also find the form you are looking for.

If you need more information, please let me know :)

Have a nice day, Alena

Spanish Community Moderator :)

• Maybe i was complete and now my Team Viewer can't run besause 0 day remaining. :3:3:(:(:(

• Baibon
    Baibon Posts: 1

Dear TeamViewer Support,

I'm use TeamViewer for remote to my computer at home. TeamViewer not me "use commercial version for 5 mins". Please change me to free version.

ID: **Please do not post TeamViewer IDs**, **Please do not post TeamViewer IDs**

Thank you,

Mr. Kasama [the personal information has been removed]

• pjgfi
    pjgfi Posts: 4 ✭✭

For some reason, yesterday I had a session with no warning at all.

Can't remember if you get the warning AFTER you've chosen the distant PC in the list?

• Team Viewer make me so sad and so trouble. although i need Team Viewer so much but i can't use it and now i wil unintall because this is only option i can do it..

Thank you so much for reply my message. :(:(

• As directed, I completed and signed the “Declaration of Personal Use” forms. 
    As I did not know which TeamViewer ID was the subject of the "audit", I completed and signed forms for each I use, attached as PDF files, and sent each to [email protected]
    Shortly afterwards, I receive a reply to each email with a Subject of "Not read: Declaration of Personal Use ..." and containing (in the email Body) "... was deleted without being read on Wednesday, April 10, 2019 4:50:33 AM (UTC+01:00) Amsterdam, Berlin, Bern, Rome, Stockholm, Vienna."
     Is anyone else getting similar results?
    And,
    What am I doing wrong?
    How do I correctly send these forms to the TV sales team without them automatically being deleted?
    Any help is appreciated!

• So tired and i try unstall Team Viewwer.

thanks you.

@pjgfi wrote:

Can't remember if you get the warning AFTER you've chosen the distant PC in the list?

@pjgfi wrote: