Multiple TeamViewer icons on Mac dock macOS 10.14 Mojave

When Team Viewer opens automatically after reboot, two and sometimes three TeamViewer icons appear in the dock. How can I reduce them to one icon and still assure that it opens automatically in reboot?

JTA

Comments

• Depo
    Depo Posts: 1

Same problem here: when i open Team Viewer from launchpad or from the dock icon it creates another icon on the dock from which starts...

• estarn
    estarn Posts: 2

Has anyone found a resolution to this? I assume it's Mojave that is creating this issue. Having many instances of Teamviewer is getting pretty annoying with having to "remove from dock" each time a new icon appears..

• Siva
    Siva Posts: 6 ✭✭

It happens on High Sierra too.

• daemonstrate
    daemonstrate Posts: 1

come on Teamviewer.  This is a known issue and has been happening for months.  What gives?

• estarn
    estarn Posts: 2

It's obvious that Teamviewer doesn't care about this issue... Issue has been going on for several months and is honestly tiring.

• same thing with Catalina, smh

• I had this same issue in Catalina and wrote to support. Their reply DID fix it, so here it is for anyone else who runs across this issue:

Please follow the instructions below to perform a clean install of TeamViewer on your Mac:

1.    Open the TeamViewer application.

2.    Click on TeamViewer on the top left corner.

3.    Go to Preferences\Advanced and scroll to the bottom of the panel.

4.    Once there, you will find the Un-install button which will allow you to do just that.

*Note* Make sure you check the option “Also delete configuration files”.

After this, please run an app cleaner to remove any TeamViewer files left behind by the uninstall. Then install a fresh copy of TeamViewer from our website. (latest version 15.15)

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/mac/