teamviewer.com link icon
or
Ask The Community

TeamViewer thinks I’m using the software commercially!

Comments

• JackHK
    JackHK Posts: 86

I gave up already! I submitted the form, they replied around 1 week after and said that my account will be released upon submitting the declaration form. I submitted the declaration form in Feb 2019 and I tried again every weekend and my account still being blocked. So, I gave up now. So diasppointing and totally waste of time. 

• driver111
    driver111 Posts: 3

@Esther  can you please assist? I really need to have this issue resolved.

• JackHK

Just to share with you. I've submitted a form, sending emails, escalating since January, the account still blocked. I would advise you to give up and don't waste time ! 

• Grant837
    Grant837 Posts: 20

Why does Teamviewer even say they have a free version? 

I have had mine approved 3 times as private use and still I get notifications I am using commercially... silly company. 

Also their replies are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo slow... is that what I can expect if I or one of my friends every paid for a commercial license?

I would never recommend Teamviewer again... (I used to mention it to many people)...

• 7leagueboot
    7leagueboot Posts: 22

Yes, I wholly agree with you.
    I got the stupid commercial use detected message yesterday. I filled the form to get unblocked as I only use it to assist 2 friends with issues they have on their PC's as neither have any computer skills. I'm a retired person otherwise.

I received a reply saying that I would not be unblocked because my email address belongs to a company. I replied explaining that the company concerned went bankrupt 6 years ago but I kept the domain and email address.

This morning I received another reply informing me that TV receives too many mails and has no time to respond to me. I was advised to use the community forum.

In other words, you go round and round in circles whilst they scam you by claiming it is free for non-commercial use, only to falsely accuse you of commercial use and force you to buy a license. Well TV, I won't. I will search for an alternative because your customer service is a waste of time and you are dishonest.

• Wakey
    Wakey Posts: 1

It doesn't even give me the 5 mins it states. I get like 2 mins at most and it kicks me out. The whole thing is ridiculous as I contact them, it takes weeks for them to respond and 6 months later it does it again. I only access devices in my own Network and they all run non-server os's.

The only option to stop this happening all the time seems to be to pay their ridiculous monthly fee. I would be fine paying a fee tbh as i use it so much IF it they had a premium home user package at a resonable price

• sintara
    sintara Posts: 5

yeah im still haven issues and there not fixing it sounds like this is a underhanded way of making us pay 

• Rooibos
    Rooibos Posts: 1

I'm having the same problem. Teamviewer support can't be reached unless you're paying for a license. 

I found a form to fill in on this page: https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Why-do-I-see-Commercial-use-suspected-Commercial-use-detected/ta-p/5265

• sintara

yep i filled that in already days ago they dont care 

• Funk
    Funk Posts: 9

Same.  Am looking at alternatives now.

The stupid thing is that I've said to Teamviewer that if they introduced a 'Non-Commercial Power User' subscription at a sensible price I'd be happy to pay for it.  I use it only to support friends and family so there's no way I'm paying £x hundred/year to do that.

I'd be interested to know what I've done which tripped the warning.

• Mike44a
    Mike44a Posts: 2

Same 'profanity-watch' at my home IP and in these posts. Unbelievable. Unacceptable total spying company. Uninstalling now and warning internet-community.

• Mike44a
    Mike44a Posts: 2

Why would anyone have to 'request' to continue their personal use?

It takes less time to deinstall this software that spies on you.

• sintara

whats the program 

• JackHK

Thanks for letting us know!

@Mike44a wrote:

Same 'profanity-watch' at my home IP and in these posts. Unbelievable. Unacceptable total spying company. Uninstalling now and warning internet-community.

• JackHK

Exactly, considering to give up.... 5 months already,  nothing happened!

• JackHK

Give up mate, don't waste any more time!

• JackHK

Great! Share with me privately. 

• Funk

I'd be interested to know too.

Edit: this is pathetic - they've taken the time to configure the forum to automatically censor mention of any competitor products! **bleep**!  How insecure do you have to be as a company to do that eh?

[removed per Community Guidelines]

:D

• pv7721
    pv7721 Posts: 141

Actually, it's manually performed AFAIK.

• Funk

Heh, ridiculous.  If you can get forum posts edited in seconds why can't you get this debacle with locked-down free user accounts sorted out?

• pv7721

@Closed account: because unfortunately I think that they're actually paid for that i.e. moderate this community, and probably / most likely one of the things in their moderation chart is that it's forbidden to discuss anything else but TV

• Funk

It shows where the priorities lie at least.

As it happens part of my job role is recommending and selling all kinds of IT solutions to businesses (as well as having the ear of my MD and CEO).  Guess what remote control product I'm now never going to recommend to anyone I know should they ask...?

• pv7721

@Funk: Hm, let me guess, TV? Hey, by the way, does IB mean anything to you?

• Grant837

Hey, I can not figure out how this forum works, but just to back you up, I said nothing I know of about competing products, but my last post complaining about the lack fo service was deleted for this.... I assume TeamViewer is owned by China, etc..

• Grant837

Probably,.. I propose we all go outside this censored forum (I assume a 3rd party trying to keep its contract with TeamViewer) and use LinkedIn to share our experiences...

• Grant837

Indeed, let me know, via [please do not post personal information publicly] what you found.. assuming its a free private use product, which I am happy to promote to my 200k employee company if I like it...

• Grant837

@Closed account wrote:

Oh, don't worry, I have given it up.   totally uninstalled and now using a superior product.

A little search will reveal several options, one of which I've found to be easy and reliable to use.

Indeed, let me know,  what you found.. assuming its a free private use product, which I am happy to promote to my 200k employee company if I like it...

• patrix35
    patrix35 Posts: 1

I get a message about commercial use detection . That's not true. I use Teamwiever only privately between family computers and connect from my work place to my home PC.

Can You help me about Please ?

Best regards

Patrick

• maxgior
    maxgior Posts: 2

Good morning, for about a couple of months my account has turned out to be for professional use but in reality I use it only for comuters of my own property or relatives. on 04.18.2019 I received a message telling me that my account was reset to free, but today I am again informed that my account could be professional with consequent blocking.

• crian
    crian Posts: 1

How did you have it reset to personal use only?