Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• krugern
    krugern Posts: 12

I'm testing [removed per Community Guidelines] Do the math and get the name :D

• terrorfall
    terrorfall Posts: 3
    Just came across this massive thread after posting mine. I've just switched to **Third Party Product** (how dare TV censor competitor titles when their software is fundamentally flawed) and uninstalled TV

My replies are being edited manually to ensure that third-party app names are removed, even when concealed. TeamViewer, maybe you should be more focused on fixing this issue, instead of this futile damage limitation that you're trying to do on your forums. 

• Xandor
    Xandor Posts: 8

My replies are being edited manually to ensure that third-party app names are removed, even when concealed. TeamViewer, maybe you should be more focused on fixing this issue, instead of this futile damage limitation that you're trying to do on your forums. 

Actually, everyone that is following the thread can see the correct name until they edit it (and even see who edits it at their end to remove it).

Most of the time it's "JoshP (Senior Moderator)" That edits the posts and removes stuff from them. ^^ 

• 7leagueboot
    7leagueboot Posts: 22

@terrorfall wrote:
    Just came across this massive thread after posting mine. I've just switched to **Third Party Product** (how dare TV censor competitor titles when their software is fundamentally flawed) and uninstalled TV

With all due respect terrorfall, damage limitation is when a company comes up with a solution to keep its customers happy, thereby limiting the amount of damage done by the error in the company's policy. What is happening here has nothing to do with damage limitation.

There are literally 100's of angry free users posting about this ridiculous commercial use accusation. Natascha, the moderator, is manually editing all posts that contain names of competing products. That's normal when one considers this is TeamViewer's forum. However, it also tells a story in that Natascha's actions show the company is well aware of the posts being made about this matter and the company has taken the decision to stick to their new policy regardless of the damage it does (and it is doing plenty!).

If the goal was to unload all free users, it could have been achieved by providing 30 to 90 days notice that the personal use option will no longer be available. Then all free users would understand that they either buy a license or uninstall and move to a competitor's product.

The problem with the action being taken is that by falsely accusing personal users as not respecting the terms of the personal use license, it turns a happy user into an angry ex-user because basically the company is labeling all its personal users as 'liars'.

• bazbsg
    bazbsg Posts: 112 ✭✭

@Xandor 

You are guilty until proven innocent and then still guilty even after proven innocent.

• Billaboard
    Billaboard Posts: 2

I am an elderly private user trying to support just one 86 year old and his family using Teamviewer. They have 4 computers, so I can understand why it looks as though I am using the program commercially. When I submit the non-commercial use form I just get sent to an error page saying to contact support staff. I cannot find how to do this.

I did see another message from 2018 with the same problem, but that didn't help.

• bazbsg
    bazbsg Posts: 112 ✭✭

Just now I was asked to do a survey on this TV forum. Among other thins they asked if based on my visit to the forum if I would recommend TV to someone and I answered zero chance. I did say I got what I came to get and then explained ... "I came to enjoy the turmoil caused by TV falsely accusing personal users of business use. Very entertaining."

• rejin19
    rejin19 Posts: 1

Dear Concerned,

My ID has been blocked and says I m using it as commercial usage.

Please note that this statement is incorrect as I m using this free version to help my relatives in my free time after that too after my working hours.Also at the same time I m doing this as a free service to them.

So kindly request you to lift this ban as quick as possible.

Thanks & Regards

Rejin Ranjit 

[email address removed]

• candtalan
    candtalan Posts: 2

I have the same problem, similar circumstances I am in my 70s myself anyway... I routinely use a vpn I wonder of that makes a difference, the several people I help are perpetual novices and it is no way commercial. Say - where did you find a non commercial application form please?  I had a problem just now for the first time, and had to find an alternative **Third Party Product** but I would prefer to use Teamviewer it has been reliable and I appreciate it. any comments would be most appreciated - tia

• Billaboard
    Billaboard Posts: 2

I must have been sent this address for the form "https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/commercial-use-suspected/?_ga=2.**Please do not post TeamViewer IDs**.**Please do not post TeamViewer IDs**.**Please do not post TeamViewer IDs**-**Please do not post TeamViewer IDs**.**Please do not post TeamViewer IDs**"

But I filled it in and it just went to an error page which seemed useless.

I'm like others here - I was using TV free to support just one elderly family, and I'm in my upper 70's myself.  I also occasionally help commercial companies with personal IT support, but have never used TV for that. I am now much less likely to recommend it to them.

Incidentally, I also hate this Lithium forum software. Adobe use, or used, that and it drew a lot of negative criticism there.

• Mairu
    Mairu Posts: 11

I get it sometimes too. I use it for all of my family, all of whom are in their 70s, a few friends, and use it on my own PCs and mobile phone(s), because I'm a closet nerd and their "tech guy"... NOT  because I'm a commercial entity!

I've used TeamViewer since something like version 6, but looking elsewhere now. In fact, I've  just  downloaded **Third Party Product** in the last few minutes!

• Me too.  This is the second time TeamViewer has thought I'm using it commercially.  This time I''m on my daugthers tablet on a mobile  phone connection trying to connect to  my own laptop in my own home!!

Or is it that TeamViewer now just wants to get rid of it's early supporters....

• MrT2
    MrT2 Posts: 2

After 4 years i got it to. Only conect to my home PC.....

If you find any good replacment plz let me know.

• ndev2k
    ndev2k Posts: 1

I too am receiving the commercial message. I only see the message on my iOS devices though. If I use TV on my PC to connect to my son's laptop I don't get the message and can use as normal so I believe it may be an issue with the mobile app.

Any help from the Teamviewer team would be appreciated.

• Mairu

Well, that post didn't last long! I'm doing well today!

So, TeamViewer don't like that I'm trialing something else, but they don't like that i'm using it on family and friends PCs for non-commercial use either, despite being a faithful promoter for best part of 10 years... maybe more, I forget!

Again, it's not hard for a "leading" tech company to envisage the sort of environment the software is being used in.... even the most unobtrusive of connection logs I am sure would show usage predominently between private "home" ISPs such as TalkTalk/EE/PlusNet etc., and not BT Business or the like.

• MrT2
    MrT2 Posts: 2

The speed in this chat was fast, not like the support 7 days ??

• Mairu

@MrT2 wrote:

The speed in this chat was fast, not like the support 7 days ??

????

• candtalan
    candtalan Posts: 2

I had to use **Third Party Product**, it worked but I have not used it enough to know its limitations etc. Good luck

• Karder
    Karder Posts: 1

Hello. Before the session with my home computer, I got the message: Commercial use detected and after 5 minutes the session will be completed. But for commercial purposes, I do not use the program. How to unlock my program?

• Bankfodder
    Bankfodder Posts: 23 ✭✭

Hi, I'm a long-term private/personal user of teamviewer.

Since last year I've been receiving messages that I'm suspected of commercial use. I have gone through the procedure and each time my account has been reset – but then a few weeks or months later I get the same message I get blocked again.

I really have no idea how to deal with this. It must be a waste of resources all round and I don't understand why instead of flagging up a particular device ID, they don't simply flag up the email address account so that it applies to all devices.

I have a telephone, a desktop computer, a laptop, tablet device. I use them if I'm at home or if I'm away from home and only for helping my kids or a couple of old people that I know. I'm a retired teacher and I don't make any money out of it.

Team viewer is great and it has been extremely helpful to the people I've been helping – but I don't understand why this persistent resetting of my account to suspected commercial use happens.

• Bankfodder
    Bankfodder Posts: 23 ✭✭

Hi, I'm a long-term private/personal user of teamviewer.

Since last year I've been receiving messages that I'm suspected of commercial use. I have gone through the procedure and each time my account has been reset – but then a few weeks or months later I get the same message I get blocked again.

I really have no idea how to deal with this. It must be a waste of resources all round and I don't understand why instead of flagging up a particular device ID, they don't simply flag up the email address account so that it applies to all devices.

I have a telephone, a desktop computer, a laptop, tablet device. I use them if I'm at home or if I'm away from home and only for helping my kids or a couple of old people that I know. I'm a retired teacher and I don't make any money out of it.

Team viewer is great and it has been extremely helpful to the people I've been helping – but I don't understand why this persistent resetting of my account to suspected commercial use happens.

• RDN
    RDN Posts: 8

Sorry for the complicated title, but I want it to be searchable by anyone else who may have experienced the same problem I just did.

I recently completed the "Declaration of Private Use" form because I didn't want to see the "Commercial Use Suspected" messages every time I connected to one of my other 4 PCs (I have 5 in total).

Today for the first time my XP machine would not connect to any of my Windows 10 machines (except that I didn't try the one in the kitchen - it wasn't running.)

I have screenshots of various messages which I could post, if required. They were:

"Teamviwer has encountered a problem..." - i.e. the usual Microsoft crash notification,

"The instruction "----" at address "----"... the memory could not be read" - another MS message.

The three Windows 10 machines could all connect to each other.

Only on one occasion did I get the "Commercial use suspected" message. All other Win10 to Win10 connections were free of the "Commercial use suspected"  message.

I rebooted my XP PC and did not install all the usual programs that normally get installed on startup, but I still got the same "crash" report or "Memory unreadable" reports when running Teamviewer. These problems would occur on the XP machine whether I was trying to connect FROM the XP machine or TO it.

In desperation I thought I'd re-install v 14.1.9025.0. Amazingly - to me, at least - Teamviewer now works OK. 

If it hadn't worked, I was going to ask Teamviewer to "undo" whatever you did to remove the "Commercial use suspected" message. I had assumed that maybe there was a path through the software that had never been used when "Commercial Use" was suspected, and by changing my account to remove that message you had changed the path that the software took and it then hit this memory error. 

Anyway, after re-installing, all appears to be OK again and instead of the "Commercial use Supected" message I now get the "Buy Now" message which is fine.

I hope this log of events is of use to anyone else that gets into this situation.

• NickB
    NickB Posts: 9

I'm another unhappy user who's just started receiving this message.  I got it once before a few years ago and submitted their webform, that time I got a response very quickly and it was all sorted out. I noticed this time that it directed me to the support website, but from there you cannot submit a ticket if you don't have a licence.  So, I tried the same webform that I used last time this time and there was no response, not even an auto reply and so I can only assume that its not being monitored,.I also retried the same support email address that that reply came from and the reply I received said that theat had been shutdown and to use the website.

Apologies if people have already posted this, I have only scanned this thread and not ready all the posts.  I too am not trying out a competitors free to use product and it seems very good, the only negative I can see at the moment is the lack of special virtual keyboard keys when connecting from a mobile devide (eg: regular keyboard function keys).

I have run a few tests with TeamView and whilst it does appear to stay connected after 5 minutes, the screen stops updating.

• CaptObvious
    CaptObvious Posts: 5 ✭✭
    I use TV to manage/support my family, every single device in my TV account belongs to a family member. But TV has decided that it thinks I am using TV for commercial use and has started to popup this alert and tell me that it will kill my sessions after 5 minutes. How can I prove it is not commercial use?
  • JackHK
    JackHK Posts: 86

Find another apps. I  experienced the same since January, nothing can be resolved unless you paid the sky high crazy price.  Don't waste time here! That's my advice! Good luck!

• WyldAnimal
    WyldAnimal Posts: 6

Hello, 

I did find and Fill out the Form.
    I explained in detail how I use Team viewer, and My Free use was returned.
    But , as far as i know,  it was done without acknowledgement or reply to the form.

It's back to working without timming out.

So I do Recomend Finding the Form, and Submitting it...

• Grant837
    Grant837 Posts: 18

Your a lucky one!  I have emailed - gotten approval for private use, only to have it stop after a month or two, then I used the on-line form, and got approval, only to have it cancelled 10 minutes later at night when my systems where not even on, and then was asked to fax a form and sign it, which I did, and never got a reply.  In between I chatted with help on facebook, emailed a sales rep in my country, and use the form maybe 3 other times, all with no helpful response. 

So, it will be fun to see if your back soon complaining like the rest of us because they are again claiming you use it for commercial purposes...

• Grant837
    Grant837 Posts: 18

I should add, after trying a product that lets you connect to **Third Party Product**top or llaptop and more for a while, and being happy with it, I have uninstalled TV from my systems.

But there is a silver lining to all of this:  I have stayed a member of the forum because its such a wonderful soap opera to watch!  Thank you TV (and community members) for that!

• mkurtes
    mkurtes Posts: 1

Hi, I agree with the post from the above from " Posted by Vladibudha Henagon Sunday" TeamViewer is perfect and I'm using it for a very long, long time but I have now the same problem from the last week, I.m using it in the private usage for more than ten years (you can see the date on my profile) and now I'm getting the same message that me od my contacts, using TeamViewer in commercial usage. Please correct that.

• JackHK
    JackHK Posts: 86

I submitted the form in January, but still blocked until now....You are so lucky!