Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• joyce_you
    joyce_you Posts: 6

Hi Team

It has been more than two weeks since I submit the form, however still didn't get any feedback. Is it normal?

• genx4343
    genx4343 Posts: 1
    My Account is Personal type but TeamViewer Blocked and send messages to me "my account is commercial"
  • trojanz
    trojanz Posts: 1

I submitted a request last week to unblock my TeamViewer ID and submitted one for each of my home computers (one for each TeamViewer ID). I received an email stating that my TeamViewer ID is reset to free but it doesn't say for which one. I assumed it was for all so I tried initiating a connection from each of my assigned device but I still get the message that commercial use is detected.

I tried signing out from each of my devices then signed in again, I also tried deleting the assigned devices reassigned and lastly I tried uninstalling on every device and reinstalled but to no avail.

Any idea what could be wrong?

• Mark_UK
    Mark_UK Posts: 1

I have the very latest versions on both machines and registered as a "free user"

My account also times out after 5 minutes - the root cause  ? most likely a coded issue with Team Viewer to force customers to upgrade to the paid version.

Poor response from the Team View representatives on this forum - I welcome a response from Team Viewer to THIS POST and happy to stand corrected if my issue is resolved and will post progress to my complaint in any case on here.

Mark 27.7.19 

• myo007
    myo007 Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hello, I was being using Team iewer for my personal usage have been long and never happened 5 mins issue with commercial detect asked to buy before , whenever each install Teamviewer IDs seem to changed however my ID has linked with my email address ( my login email didn't change) so this issue has linked with my email now I believe. I used to only connected to home to home network only for personal usage but when once connect to a computer of family member this month who was at work to help something online then started to happen, may be due to that receiver computer at work has detected problem by your software before but yet it is still shouldn't effect into my account which just incoming connection to that machine  and I do not use for commercial purpose at all. Please may kindly help, thanks.

• I recently got a popup saying that teamviewer thinks I am using the software commercially, is this a joke? I am unemployed and I help my friends out on their PERSONAL COMPUTERS when they are stuck on things, I was about to reccomend teamviewer to my sister who IS in business but not very computer literate as its a good solution with all the extra functions like remote training and so on which I have used ONCE to show her, I don't know what triggered your system but I wont be reccomending teamviewer any further as there's obviously something wrong there and I'm curious what makes you think I'm using it commercially ffs, just for clarification, I don't work, I'm mega geeky, nobody will give me a job because I am autistic however all my friends ask me to help with their PERSONAL!!! PC's when they are stuck and I make NOTHING!! other than the satisfaction of being some use at least to someone, thanks for shafting that for me, really appreciate it >:(

• khyuri
    khyuri Posts: 1

And I too

@myo007 wrote:

Hello, I was being using Team iewer for my personal usage have been long and never happened 5 mins issue with commercial detect asked to buy before , whenever each install Teamviewer IDs seem to changed however my ID has linked with my email address ( my login email didn't change) so this issue has linked with my email now I believe. I used to only connected to home to home network only for personal usage but when once connect to a computer of family member this month who was at work to help something online then started to happen, may be due to that receiver computer at work has detected problem by your software before but yet it is still shouldn't effect into my account which just incoming connection to that machine  and I do not use for commercial purpose at all. Please may kindly help, thanks.

• Dear Teamviewer, 

your commercial use protection system must be a complete **bleep** up. Despite having been approved for free use twice, the second time just fricken last week I just again had the popup window regarding commercial use detected pop up again stating I have 5 minutes of connection time left and then disconnects me after 1 minute, locking me out for 10 minutes. 

I understand you wanna make sure the terms and conditions are respected. But please then respect them yourself. It takes you weeks to do the approval. You lock out people earlier than you say. What do you expect your users to think about your company? 

Please help me to be able to manage my private-use servers in a reasonable timeframe and stop locking me out of my system. Stick to what you say and don't have the system change it's mind all the time. PLEASE! 

this is really not funny in any way :( 

• Neilft
    Neilft Posts: 1

was using for personal use now for the last three months teamviewer claims used for commercial use, it wasnt and never has been, tried emailing loads of times i got one reply stating it had been reviewed and i could use it again which wasnt true . is there anything i can do ?

• damborik
    damborik Posts: 1
    The same for me
  • satsumasalad
    satsumasalad Posts: 1

Hi, I installed Teamview 14 for Win 10 a few months ago, tried it to see if it worked, it did, v well.  I use it for one use only: to connect from my laptop to a desktop in another part of the house on the same LAN.  I have mobility issues and prefer not to travel between machines if there's another way.  Which apparently there is.  Hurrah!

Over the last few days I've been using it again and discover there seems to be a 3-minute limit whereupon the session appears to lock up.  I can disconnect, apparently cleanly, and connect again and all is well.  For another three minutes or so. I do not get any messages about apparently breaching the commercial use rule.

Other posts on this have suggested checking the version - the app at each end reports it is up-to-date - and asking TV to review the case.  If I really have to pursue that, how do I go about it?

Sure am hoping there's another way.  Please advise, thank you.

• NTN
    NTN Posts: 1

I have now been locked out from my PHONE??? Dont know how do You guys detect commercial usage but it is as bad as it gets...

• ShafC
    ShafC Posts: 1

Same here, im getting commercial use suspected, and it keeps dropping connection opening there website for me to pay.  i have a few machines in the house, Probably use like a couple times in the month. but this is getting annoying. i have been in touch with teamviewer over the last few months, but no help, just keep putting me through to the business side. 

Is there any free software similiar to this, that dont try to force you to stupid business rates for software that is being used for personel home use.

• use alpha november yankee brake brake delta echo sierra kilo.  :-) Alpha November
    Yankee Delta Echo Sierra Kilo
  • bazbsg
    bazbsg Posts: 112 ✭✭

I just did a google search for two of the alternatives mentionedin @toremf 's post that didn't get censored yet. In both cases, Teamviewer came up as the #1 result because they paid for an advertisement. The alternatives that I was actually searching for came up as the second result because they didn't pay for an ad. I guess this helps to explain why Teamviewer is trying squeeze professional license fees from personal users, to pay for the ads.

• bazbsg

Here's an interesting twist. I had been getting a gentle warning every time i connected to my downstairs TV (television) PC. They suspected commercial use. I did a number of tests to determine that it was that PC that was flagged and not any other of my other PCs.

Today, the gentle warning was upgraded to a full threat. See the attached two screenshots from two separate connection sessions below. Both informed me that my session would time out in five or an unspecified number of minutes. Yet the sessions were not terminated. And I waited at least fifteen minutes. Two years ago when I was hit by this problem, they told me five minutes but actually only gave me thirty seconds. Notice too the second image now says they know I'm using TV commercially instead of it just seeming so (but still threatening to cut off the session).

I also had been getting requests to upgrade the TV PC TV to the latest version. So I decided to do so now and after I did, I stopped getting messages about commercial use whenever I connected. I tested thta three or four times and no message.

Interesting. So does the commercial use detection algorithm include a check for old versions? How does that make it commercial?

Screenshot 2019-07-29 12.35.04.pngScreenshot 2019-07-29 12.46.28.png

• bazbsg

I've posted two messages today. they are not showing up? have they been censored? neither was offensive nor broke any rules.

• pv7721
    pv7721 Posts: 151 ✭✭

@toremf : even bots are sleeping during the night! :D Your message still standed intact when I arrived and read it this morning! :D 

• speedreach
    speedreach Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hi,

I have read all threads about session timeout so here is to clarify:

- the timeout doesn't happen after 5mins, but much, much less. More like 30 seconds
    - I need to wait 10 minutes before I can log in again
    - I do NOT get a message about commercial use! It says (translated from German): "Connection is locked after timeout. Your license limits the maximum session duration. New connections will be blocked. Please try again later or upgrade your license. Connections to this partner are blocked until [t+10min]"
    - I get this on any of my PCs. All PCs are Win10 latest update and latest Teamviewer version (14.xyz)
    - I do use TV on different platforms, but I haven't tried if the Linux version behaves the same or not, hence I've only added the Windows label to this.

This makes the free Teamviewer version totally useless. They could as well abandon the free version (30 seconds!! Come on!) Please let me know if this is a temporary glitch, or if I have to move on to a different software. Thanks.

• Long live  "Alpha November Yankee Delta Echo Sierra Kilo "
  • keyreel
    keyreel Posts: 5

I'm an old user of TV. I'm helping my parents and couple friends remotely from time to time. I'm really sad to see TV management don't care about free users anymore. It is so sad to see this happening. Suspecting me in commercial usage.

I mean yes I have multiple devices Desktop, laptop, iPhone, iPad and yes, ocasionaly traveling, who doesn't?

It is not fair to put a sign it is FREE for personal use. Cause it eminds me a jail or concentration camp - step right, step left - shoot! Scary!

I'm finally arrived to my parents house which was like 6000 miles away. Updated OS, updated TV to TV14. And?

I'm probably done here. Will look for External IP option for my parents probably and will use built-in options of Remote acess. And also will not recommend this product anymore to anyone. Really dissapointed. "Thank you" new Teamviewer team!

freepersonaluse, free, freedom, fakestatement

• paparoup
    paparoup Posts: 2

Hello everyone,

It's been more than 1 1/2 months trying to get my ID unblocked. After explaining that i'm using TeamViewer only for connecting to my home PC form a public open space and not used for any commericial use, i received two email letting me know that my ID was unblocked after reviewing my request. But i still keep getting the Commercial message , can someone help? Should i do any action after i got those emails cause i guess it was a whitelisting from TeamViewer and no action is needed form my side

Thanks in advance

• jamaln8
    jamaln8 Posts: 1

Me too experiencing the same issue..anybody knows the fix.please help.........

• Knotem
    Knotem Posts: 3

LOL that's funny.

Out of interest, when googling for teamviewer alternatives, which option from the beebom article is everyone using?

• Knotem

I see a beebom article when doing that. which option do you use? My choice is 6 or 10.

• glnz
    glnz Posts: 44

Same here, starting today also.  Cannot find a way to submit a ticket either.  TV fixed this last time, maybe two years ago.- they asked for logs, I sent them and they reset me to Free.  But not today.  Hope this isn't the end.

• Knotem

They seem to remove any post which refers to competing products. Including those which mention the beebom article about alternatives. I posted twice already and this is the third time.

• 03buecoupe
    03buecoupe Posts: 14

Same here starting this morning (07/29) - no way am I a commercial customer. It won't let me open a ticket because I don't have an actual license..... I think we're all now in a state of limbo....

• 03buecoupe
    03buecoupe Posts: 14

paparoup,   You have a contact email address for TV?!?!? Care to share it? I'd like to send them a note as well.

Thanks

• paparoup
    paparoup Posts: 2

Hi 03buecoupe, sorry but i don't have an email address for TV

Thanks