Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• afeudale
    afeudale Posts: 49 ✭✭

digitaldizza,

As a long-time commercial user of TV, I can tell you that much has changed over the years and they went from a small company that cared about their clients to a large behemoth who is only interested in profits - clients be d.a.m.n.e.d.

They are trying to squeeze everyone off of free usage and onto some sort of paid program.  They will likely introduce a "friends and family" license that users will be able to buy so they can support, well, friends and family.

Greed, greed and more greed...they always have me on my last nerve and I'm just waiting for the moment they push me over the edge so I switch to one of the many, many other better & cheaper products.

All my 2 cents.

• afeudale

digitaldizza,

As a long-time commercial user of TV, I can tell you that much has changed over the years and they went from a small company that cared about their clients to a large behemoth who is only interested in profits.

They are trying to squeeze everyone off of free usage and onto some sort of paid program.  They will likely introduce a "friends and family" license that users will be able to buy so they can support, well, friends and family.

Greed, greed and more greed...they always have me on my last nerve and I'm just waiting for the moment they push me over the edge so I switch to one of the many, many other better & cheaper products.

All my 2 cents.

• Same here...I am a single mom caring for an adult daughter with special needs and I sit right across from her bedroom. I use TV to access my desktop in the basement so I don't have to keep running up and down the stairs when she needs me, which could be every 30 mins to not at all for any given evening/night. Ugh!  Just 'little ole me' using it so I can stay close to my daughter's bedroom.  Mercy! 

• Same here, I'm literally using TeamViewer to reboot my PC, tweak Windows settings, change the volume, restart home automation services.

Suddenly while on my Chromebook in bed, I got the commercial use triggered. Ridiculous.

[removed per Community Guidelines]

• afeudale

TV actually keeps deleting this post...I think they don't like what I'm saying:

--------

As a long-time commercial user of TV, I can tell you that much has changed over the years and they went from a small company that cared about their clients to a large behemoth who is only interested in profits.

All my 2 cents.

• afeudale

TV actually keeps deleting this post...I think they don't like what I'm saying:

--------

All my 2 cents.

• vice86
    vice86 Posts: 17

Wow, this has been going on for years and I'm not seeing a lot of happy endings. Is Team Viewer just getting greedy now? I sure as **Bleep** ain't paying **Please do not discuss pricing** to use this when they offer a free for private use option...which I'm doing. I've already tried other options but they all seem to have at least one issue I can't figure out so I want TV to fix my account already.l

• Apoch
    Apoch Posts: 4

100% FREE for personal users!

What a joke... I have used TV for personal use connecting to my desktop at home only. After numerous calls logged without a response, I have decided to throw in the towel. [removed per Community Guidelines] I am sure my post will be removed very soon.

• Apoch
    Apoch Posts: 4

so much for freedom of speech...PM me if you want to know what I am currently using...

• Endrju
    Endrju Posts: 1
    Ive started using Teamviewer this morning. I registered my account and installed app on my PC and smartphone. Its private noncommercial use so it should be free.
    Unfortunately the session times out after few minutes. The timeout time is set to Disabled in the settings, so I have no idea whats the reason.
    Maybe because I wasnt logged in while using it? (My device and browser verification is still pending)?

Was that the case or might there be some other problem?
  • I also got this notice that it is suspected commercial use about 3 weeks ago. I have sent in the form 2 weeks ago that it is a personal use and no response. I am also about to throw in the towel to an alternative software. Team Viewer was great when it worked. 

Team Viewer don't let your free users run away, these are the same users who made teamviewer known to the commercial users. 

• I am having the same problem after using Teamviewer since back in Version 7.

Now I am continually getting this message on all 3 HP computers, my Cell Phone (Android), and my MAC Mini computer, using indivivual sign-in names/or using a single name; and using my wife's name to sign-in our accounts.

I am not Commercial... Somebody pay attention, how many times to I have to say it ?

I am a 73 year old disabled, Veteran using to play games on my home computer and allowing my wife (caretaker) to keep in contact with me because of siezures and syncopes episodes.

• Same here! It keeps telling me that its being used commercially which it is not and has never been. I filled out the form 2 weeks ago and have heard nothing! They do not care about their users or even their commercial users, at my work we purchased a very large volume of commecial license and then 3 months later they upgraded to a new version and then told us we would have to re-purchase everything to get the new version. Tech support is non existant and they obviossly do not read these fourms or do not care as there is 77 pages of the very same complaint!!

• Definitely time to look at something else.

I had my license reset. It takes 3-5 days to get it reset after filling out the form, and it stays unlocked for maybe 2 days, then it's back. I have 4 machines that I've been doing this dance with. I've come tot he point where I have a text file with the "explanation of usage" stored in it, so that I can copy/paste it into the form.

Obviously something that I do for machines on my home network fits under what TV thinks is a commercial usage pattern, so I either have to stop using TV the way that I'm usingit, or else I need to find something else.

TV does provide some nice features which I find very useful, like the ability to connect to machines that do not have a login password (Like the machine that's connected to my television, and only has an air mouse connected) which I cannot do with RDP. I also liked the Android app which allowed me a pseudo keyboard for the few times that I need one without having to turn on the on-screen keyboard, but neother of these is insurmountable with less troublesome software. I may need to increase the number of steps to connect with other free software, but given the issues that TV has dropped on me, I'm now convinced that the extra trouble is worthwhile. TV used to be the best application to do what I want to do personally. I have other software for commercial use right now, and was considering switching to have just the one client, but that no longer seems relevant, plus if I do start using the client on my laptop to connect to the commercial licensed endpoint, it would simply muddy the water for my personal use, and I probably would no longer be eligible to have my licenses reset, so I'll keep it simple, and simply stop using this.

I know that this is not the place to have this issue resolved, but if TV starts to wonder why I stopped submitting reset requests, this is it.

Bye!

• m1k3
    m1k3 Posts: 1

Yeah this is the second time I'm having this problem and it's at the worst possible time when my parents need help. I'm going to look into an open source solution.

Just fill out this form: https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/commercial-use-suspected/

I never got an email response the first time last year.

• TP11
    TP11 Posts: 1

I recently installed TeamViewer for personal use and not really paying much attention when I was installing selected Commercial Use.  I am new to TeamViewer and not using for commercial use at all, only to connect to my personal comptuers between vacation home and home.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it is still giving me the same trial version expired and won't let me connect.  How can I get this fixed?  Any help would be greatly appreciated. [removed by moderator - please do not spam support reps/employees/other community users with unnecessary @'s]

• szabijr
    szabijr Posts: 1
    I have tv in computer and in my phones, but when i log in from phone than i have few min and lost the connection because the program write i want use for bussines , but i want only control my computer from my phone, what can i make ? Please help me. Sorry for the bad english i hope anyone understand and can help me.

Thanks !
  • Hello, getting the dreaded message of suspected commerical usage (I'm using teamviewer to help my elderly parents) .

The form at the link below doesn't work. After filling out all the data correctly, it asks to enter re-captcha on the page and there is no re-captcha displayed on any of my browsers on desktop. I've tried Firefox, Chrome and IE.

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/commercial-use-suspected/

Please help.

• sornord
    sornord Posts: 16

Don't think it will make much difference.  I filled it out two weeks ago and nothing.  Was a week before that before they even told me to fill out the form.  I had to move on to other apps because, although everything is and always was in-home/personal use, I couldn't wait around any longer to get things done.

• vice86

I've given up on Teamviewers "investigation" into this matter. Police solve m-u-r-d-u-r investigations quicker than this lol. Day 10 and no fix for me. I'm just a**Third Party Product** kind user now. Works just as well and they have a free for personal use version too.. 

EDIT: LOL...they edited out the type of police investigation I mentioned and the properly working competitors product I now use. TV just continues to show they're a real piece of work lately lol. Good riddance. 

• I is it for personal use but it keeps saying I am using for commercial use is there something that can be done to change it back. It is for my own use
  • I am NOT using teamviewer for commercial use, WHY does my account keep getting flagged?  I have to write an email every couple of months to tell you guys to unblock my account again.  I follow the rules, there are no server operating systems in my list.  I use this for personal reasons.  If I could get RDP to work on the outside of my network, I would stop using this "free" tool that constantly nags and misunderstands connections, and kicks me off every 2 minutes!  I CAN'T GET ANYTHING DONE, including fixing RDP.

• UneRaid
    UneRaid Posts: 1

Hello Dear Administration.
    I ask you to unlock my two IDs as I try to connect to myself.
    Previously, I did not use these two IDs for commercial purposes - please, unlock access.

I am trying to connect to my computer TeamViwer ID:
    I can’t indicate the ID here, just (if you are an administrator) look at who connected to me - it was my mobile device.
    Earlier - I also did not use TeamViewer for commercial purposes.

From your mobile device TeamViwer ID:

When I connect from a mobile device - it says that "commercial use has been detected" Although - I have not used TeamViwer so, please help me. Thank you.

• vice86

@Closed account wrote:

Has ANYONE had their commercial use block removed?

If so, how long did it take?

Can you give the rest of us any hints on getting a quicker response?

JWK in RVA

I just got an email today from TV that they set my account back to free...took 10 days. I haven't tried it out yet to see if its back to normal...i'm afraid its gonna flag me again in a day or so...we'll see.

• You need to go through the request process at https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/commercial-use-suspected/ It's been posted in here often enough that the Community canot help you with this.

For whatever reason, TeamViewer has figured that something you are doing is typical of commercial usage. I wish I knew what the criteria are, but I don't. I can only guess, like the rest of us.

Good luck. I just got a reply this morning that my reset request wasn't good enough, and was asked to fill out the form to declare that I'm using the software only privately. I had a reset of the one license on Aug 14, and it was suspected commercial again just 10 days later. Considering that TeamViewer says that it can take up to a week to respond to the reset request, this is a pretty poor uptime for a guy who just want to be able to connect to his home PCs..

• sornord
    sornord Posts: 16

My commercial block was removed after 7 days, then put back on again an hour or two later when I used the same tablet and PC I always used to make a remote connection...from across the room.  (NEVER any commercial use.).  Several days later I received notice to fill out the private use affadavit, which I did, and returned it.  That was 15 days ago.  Nothing since.  I moved on to other apps.  Couldn't sit dead in the water anymore.

• After several weeks of no response and no action, I gave up on TeamViewer. It is clear they have no interest in supporting their "free" users.

I uninstalled TeamViewer and went over to **Third Party Product**. Works GREAT, is free and no hassles

MUCH BETTER ALTERNATIVE TO TEAMVIEWER

• Adelha
    Adelha Posts: 1

Hi,

I am wondering if using my own private VPN **third party product** would affect my free subscription and trigger a "commercial use detected" status on my account ???

I've always used teamviewer for studying purposes and helping family and friends sometimes but recently I've been using my private VPN since I am accessing internet from public networks like my university and I want to protect myself, I and I got a message about me using teamviewr for commercial reasons !!!

I know that Teamviewr has its own VPN but I would trust my private to protect my whole connection rather than just protecting my remote connection to the other device only !

Thanks in advance for any answer regarding my concern ...

• Hello. I'm having trouble using my TeamViewer account, that detected commercial use, however this is not true. My main use is with family members who need assistance. How can I solve this?
  • vice86

what did Teamviewer change that sooooo many free users are now getting this false positive?