Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• gorzov
    gorzov Posts: 1

I have time time 5 minutes on my account . I use it for uncommercial way. Bud it is uncomfortable to do something with my devices remotely when you have just 5 minutes limit.

Thank you for help

• It's even worse for me. They said I have 5 min, but it disconnects me after about 30 seconds, EVERY TIME. I use TV mainly to help my mother with her PC, and occasionnaly, a distant friend when he has problems he can't solve. And that's pretty much it.

Now, all of a sudden, I'm flagged for commercial use. With 30 sec. time limit even when told it'll be 5 min. I can't work with this. Last night, I spent a good deal of time with my mother on the phone, trying to make her install another solution, which was overly complicated for her. But now that we're set up, even if the TV team restores my licence to personnal use (filled the form), I'm not sure I'll ever use it again, given that it could trigger the commercial use flag again at any given time, making their product completely unreliable.

I understand that TV may not give any major importance to free users as they don't bring in any direct money, but I think they fail to realize that those free users can sometime be involved in the purchase process of a remote desktop solution for the business they work for and stuff like this is very bad publicity for them, and enough to not even be taken into consideration by businesses (the "personnal use" solution is unreliable for many, why would they trust them with a commercial licence?). I understand TV want to look like "good guys" by offering their product for free for personnal use, but this is starting to backfire on them with all those people using it for personnal use being flagged as commercial users all of a sudden for reasons no one seems to know.

I admit I'm a bit curious about the algorithm that flags these accounts, and what it bases itself on to determine commercial usage. Obviously, it doesn't do a very good job at it.

And telling people their sessions are limited to 5 min and giving them only 30 sec is also not doing a good job at showing their products and services in a good light. Even if those are non-paying users, you should ensure you stay true to what you're telling them.

While your features and your prices are part of a selling pitch, your image and reputation play as big a part, if not a bigger one, in getting your services bought by businesses.

• Whitedavidp
    Whitedavidp Posts: 14 ✭✭

I am not sure if this is how the resolution process is supposed to work. But after filing my form online and waiting maybe a week, I received and email stating that TV was still suspecting commercial use. This email pointed me at another form to download, completel, sign, and email back. I did this several weeks ago. But until today I kept getting commercial use warnings trying to remote control this one (of several) devices. Suddenly when I tried this morning, all worked as it once did with no more commercial use warning or restrictions. I have presumed that I would hear back one way or the other but nothing except now it suddenly works. I hope it stays this way. Cheers

• After 3 1/2 months of inaction on TV's part, I have decided to part ways. This is the second time I have had problems with TV "commercial use suspected". The first time it was resolved on the first try. This time NOTHING, no response YES or NO, just nothing after 3 1/2 months and attempting to resolve it 3 times over that period.

[removed per Community Guidelines]

Regardles, I am done with TV and their ludicrous "free for personal use" lies and deception and inaction. I have been a loyal user of the product for over 6 years, but no more.

This kind of publicity will hurt their business bottom line in the end as more of us get tired and give up on them.

Sorry to have to go, but I can't do the 30 second timeout thing I have been experiencing. Just doesn't work.

I'll continue to monitor these boards to see what other solutions others come up with, but rest assured, even if TV comes through and fixes this problem they have lost my confidence in their product. One that I have NEVER EVER used for commercial use.

I wish you all the best.

Doug

@WB4IUY wrote:

Yep, been there, done that with the declaration, form messages, etc. I don't know what the issue is with their system that thinks a retired guy with a bunch of old boxes around the house is business related, but I burned out ans started looking around.

A free one that is super easy to use is ***Third Party Product*** . I have all my boxes on it and it's fast, works great, and is free for home use.

Dave

• Rings
    Rings Posts: 11

@mencik wrote:

I wish the company were as quick to respond to the Declaration of Personal Use forms as the moderators are to edit posts to remove the names of third party products.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Though I also wouldn't give them my personal info to continue using a product that should be free anyway, which is why I moved on to a third party product which is not only true to their word, also runs much more smoothly! [removed per Community Guidelines]

• I am hoping some admin or teamviewer associate can help.

I was flagged as a commercial user 2 months ago despite only using it to help my friends and family. I requested a reset twice, was told to supply a document indicating i was using it for personal use, which i did, and still no word. When i reach out to teamviewer, i get no response. I am unable to help my family and impossible to get any update on this. its incredibly fustrating.

• I have the same problem. Is there a form to submit an account review on teamviewer website? What is the solution?

• Rings
    Rings Posts: 11

@Shahesam84 wrote:

I have the same problem. Is there a form to submit an account review on teamviewer website? What is the solution?

It's not worth it. Don't waste your time. You will wait for 14 days only to be sent an email stating that they believe you are actually using the software commercially anyway, and will request you give all your personal info (full name, full address, date of birth, signature, etc.) for them to "reconsider," however long that will take. And, they will not even tell you that they've fixed your account, so you won't even know if/when you're good to go. Just use an alternative. One that involves a table for working on, or desk.

• johnzageek
    johnzageek Posts: 11 ✭✭

Its not worth it. So many people are being "**bleep**" around by Teamviewer. And I think TV is enjoying the whole ord

@Cassel wrote:

I just upgraded my home desktop to Windows 10 so I have all my programs to reinstall and reconfigure. Since I am away this weekend, I am trying to do that remotely with TV. I reinstalled TV 2 days ago and now, with my son at home on the desktop, we are trying to reconfigure my computer, but TV insists that I am using it commercially, and terminates after a few minutes. Then, when I try to reconnect, I am told I have to wait another 15 minutes or so after disconnecting. This is getting silly.

My desktop is at home on a HOME service. My laptop is with my at my daughter's place on a HOME service. My son is helping me and he is NOT a client, nor is he a technician.

It is far from the first time. I NEVER use it commercially. Where do I send this AGAIN to get unblocked? This is really getting more and more frustrating because everything seems to mean commercial, even if it is not. It was considered commercial when I was checking my home emails but connected through the work wi-fi. It was considered commercial when my phone connected to a restaurant wi-fi when I was away. And now, it considers it commercial when I connect with my desktop at home!?

Now, I am wasting a lot of time with TV while trying to reinstall all my programs simply because it THINKS it is commercial. And sending whatever file (again) to whatever email will also take more time.

Do I sound frustrated? I am.

What is my next step?

It isn't worth it. Move on, there are more RA applications out there! I am moving on.... Sad part is TeamViewer doesn't really care, if they did "they wouldn't be violating their own terms of service" agreement. Would they?
    eal.

• johnzageek
    johnzageek Posts: 11 ✭✭

It isn't worth it. Move on, there are more RA applications out there! I am moving on.... Sad part is TeamViewer doesn't really care, if they did "they wouldn't be violating their own terms of service" agreement. Would they?

• No machine seems to escape any commercial use check. I've given up submitting forms to Teamviewer and gone with the alternative.

• musicreporter
    musicreporter Posts: 11 ✭✭

yes i agree on no machine.

But i tested it, but found **Third Party Product** to be simpler easier and w better display.

To each his own

• Xeovar
    Xeovar Posts: 1
    edited March 2022

Same problem here, and becoming really annoying.

Had 5 pcs since I use TV, used to be no problem, last year become **bleep** about the commercial use suspected and cutting off after 30sec.

the PCs I use are my gaming desktop, work laptop, tablet, moms pc and wife's notebook.

It really stopped being useful with this **bleep**, I tried doing the request linked above, didnt help, TV support is not replying, guess time to switch solution. 

And I bought the licenses for company, as we are using commercially, and look, as a reward its **bleep** on me...

• What is sad about this whole thing is that the TV team doesnt seem to realize that most people using their product for personnal use are usually the ones who give support to familu member and friends, so it is safe to assume these people are at least moderately knowledgeable and might be involved (or consulted) in purchasing decisions for this type of software where they work.

TV is just alienating a big chunk of people who would've been otherwise free ambassadors for their products. This is like free publicity. I mean, for most companies out there, having an army of people recommending your product wholeheartedly without being paid to do so is GOLD. Having people recommending the product to their employer because it works so well for them is GOLD.  

And somehow, the TV team look like they want to actually get rid of these people. And the business they'd be bringing to them.

I rarely saw a company so bent on negatively affecting their reputation this much. It's like they're doing it on purpose...

... maybe it's all part of the plan. Make most free users go away, and when the bulk of them have left, just say you stop offering the free solution for personnal use.  

Maybe I'm onto something here.... ;)

(EDIT : Apparently, the forum now replaced whole paragraphs of my text with "competitor's products" tags, despite me not mentionning any of them. wow. I mean, just... wow....  First their software wrongly flags users as commercial, now their forums wrongly flags users posts as talking about competition.... Again... wow.)

• When you harass people about not using a commercial version and force them to submit a form to correct the issues. Some form of acknowledgment of the submission would be helpful.

For example:  

I have been harassed for the last two weeks about me not using a commercial version.  I have submitted at least three requests to get the issue rectified but haven't heard anything from Teamviewer.  

• Hi Ester, is it possible to follow up or see the status rewquest?

Thank you

• Please,  let me know wich one ....

• Hi, all the support tickets are realted to the same issue, visibility on all of themwould be nice.

• Hello. I would like to know if it would be ok to use the free license in my work very rarely, because it is a very excepcional usage, normally when the support of another software that I use wants to help me in my computer, they need the Team Viewer access. However it seems too much for me to pay for the commercial license, to have, for example, one usage per trimester.

• mencik
    mencik Posts: 4

Welcome to the large club of people that within the last 6 months to a year have had their personal use flagged as commercial and have done the same as you ans submitted all the required paperwork, but have heard absolutely nothing in reply.

• OK - so I am not alone. I use Team Viewer once or twice a month to help my 96 year old mother in law with her computer.  That's it.  What in the world would have triggered a "commercial activity" alert?  Is it simply their attempt to get people to pay for a commercial license regardless of true usage?  Does anyone have another recommended solution for free remote control access for such minor usage?

• I would say using a vpn to connect or connections if you are connected to a domain.

• I am being flagged saying commercial use detected and I am limited to 5 minutes. This is strictly personal use. To my personal computers. I would like this flagged removed and my full usage restored
  • Guess it is a way to force you to a licensed version

• Looks like instead of filling out their useless form its time to report them for truth in advertising violations to the FTC and  have them fix this companies obvious bait and switch scheme. https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/media-resources/truth-advertising

• Hello,

I have false coomercial use popup which is bothering me to use teamviewer in my computers. I have tried to submit a ticket and apparently that option is not available for me. What should I do?

I need help please.

Thanks,

Sam

• CoolRaoul
    CoolRaoul Posts: 12 ✭✭

I really can't understand why TV team doesn't just simply publish an comprehensive list of what does triggers commercial use detection.

Even when a free user is incorrectly flagged as commercial, if, by chance, after having filled the form (and maybe made an hand written act of contrition if requested ? ), his/hers account gets unlocked, the conditions which have activated the detection will eventually happens again, sooner a later. 

And since free users are unable to know what conditions have produced those false positives in their typical usage case, they are totally unable to know what to change in the way they use the product to satisfy those *unpublished* conditions.
    It's practically Kafkaesque.

Teamviewer team: being transparent on what *you* consider as commercial use should completely solve this issue. What can be your problem with that?

• bazbsg
    bazbsg Posts: 112 ✭✭

@CoolRaoul TV probably thinks that if they publish the triggers for the commercial use algorithm that commercial users will be able to use that to get around detection.