start TeamViewer minimized

mri1397
mri1397 Posts: 1
edited May 2023 in General questions

i searched here .  i saw one reply that looked promising.  but i couuld not get it working

I want to have TeamViewer 14 start with startup.  ok so far, but then i have to minimize it to do regular work.

I want to start TeamViewer minimized

help please

Comments

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @mri1397

Thank you for your message.

Please follow these instructions to get TeamViewer closing automatically the user interface when starting with Windows:

1. Right-click on the TeamViewer icon on your desktop and go to Proprieties

2019-11-18 16_07_46-Window.png

2. In the tab Shortcut, within the menu Run, select Minimised.

2019-11-18 16_50_55-TeamViewer 14 Properties.png
    3. And confirm by clicking OK.

After this, TeamViewer should minimize the window automatically when starting with the system.

I hope this could help. If not, do not hesitate to ask your questions here.

Cheers,

Jean

Community Manager

• marcus321
    marcus321 Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hi, this didn't work for me. I have set both the shortcut and the .exe file to run as minimized and it still insists on opening as a window. I have a program that closes Teamviewer everytime I launch a game and reopens it after I close the game. Teamviewer pops up each time it reopens.

• J0n77u
    J0n77u Posts: 1

does it start at all on startup? mine works i just had to put enable start teamviewer with windows from options and changed that properties setting

• Dsane
    Dsane Posts: 1

For a long time I was unable to start TeamViewer minimized with Windows startup.

Changing the TeamViewer setting, changing setting in the TeamViewer shortcut nor changes to the windows startup folder did solve the problem.

The problem was solved when I discovered that there were several TeamViewer installations, located on different disks on my computer. In every TeamViewer installation folder I ran the uninstall.exe file and instructed the installation program to delete all setting while uninstalling the software.

After a new installation I enabled "Start TeamViewer with Windows" and the program starts minimized when the computer is turned on.