teamviewer.com link icon
or
Ask The Community

Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• rfell
    rfell Posts: 3

Teamviewer continues to bully privative users and makes false statements!

Today, I received a message that Teamviewer cannot connect to my partner PC because the partner PC has a higher version. This is clearly a wrong statement because the partner PC has the same version 14. 

I made the update to version 15. Big mistake! Now the connection to my partner PC is blocked. In version 15, Teamviewer implemented a connection block of 10 minutes, which means that one cannot access the partner PC and has to wait. Is there any better way to upset users? It is the opposite of improvement. It is user bullying. 

Why is a good company turning a good product into bad? 

• rfell
    rfell Posts: 3

My friends, be careful! 

Teamviewer continues to bully private users and makes false statements!

Today, I received a message that Teamviewer cannot connect to my partner PC because the partner PC has a higher version. This is clearly a wrong statement because the partner PC has the same version 14. 

I made the update to version 15. Big mistake! Now the connection to my partner PC is blocked. In version 15, Teamviewer implemented a connection block of 10 minutes, which means that one cannot access the partner PC and has to wait. Is there any better way to upset users? It is the opposite of improvement. It is user bullying. 

Why is a good company turning a good product into bad? 

• Sethλ
    Sethλ Posts: 24 ✭✭

Concur.  It's almost impossible to completely uninstall TV, and if you try by using various techniques that are more technical, it will lock up their computer at start up making it she use the most frustrating affair. You'll end up having to erase your boot drive reinstalling operating system and starting over to restore your working environment. The most tedious task. TeamViewerAuthPlugin.bundle.  Located in library and security folder if you delete this file your computer will be locked down at start up in a message go pier that's clearly from TV. Do a search on the Internet using the name of this file and you will see others have experienced the same thing.  There must be nearly 100 files they disseminate over your entire operating system and they are not completely eliminated by doing an uninstall. They have become greedy and out of control with a paranoid unethical methods for control over everything, and one feels like they're dealing with very restrictive countries with merchants censorship. 

• Don't know why everyone is still bothering with TV? The quicker you ditch TV, the quicker they will get the message. There is so many other solutions out there and I have been using this specific one for the past 2 years without any hastles.

• [Removed Per Community Guidelines]but as i have posted previously, all tv competition lacks terribly in performance, especially in non-windows environment, osx is an example. Plus, their solutions tend to be silly when it comes to ease of use. At the moment, there is NO alternative that would give one such a wide variety of devices to control at such an amazing performance (i can watch video over tv somewhere over the atlantic). I can get to my grandmothers tablet to set things up for her with tv. I strongly dislike tv and the whole incompetent buch of their math deprived developers but there is nothing better, period.

• Sethλ

Can you code me the name of the alternative you are enjoying?

• @ClaudevdRyst wrote:

Don't know why everyone is still bothering with TV? The quicker you ditch TV, the quicker they will get the message. There is so many other solutions out there and I have been using this specific one for the past 2 years without any hastles.

I don't mean to sound supportive of tv, i am not, but there is simply no alternative performance wise and one which would support linux, windows, osx, android and ios. Have you tried e.g. **Third Party Product** in osx? Unusable. They have other annoyances to mess with  you such as a missing list of remote computers.

• Sethλ

Thank you for your quick response. Good luck to you.

• I beg to differ though, but everyone is entitled to their opinion. I have this alternative on my Linux machine and access Windows and Apple devices from it. I have the app on my Android smartphone as well and works perfectly for me. I can do everything I used to do when using TV.

• @ClaudevdRyst wrote:

I beg to differ though, but everyone is entitled to their opinion. I have this alternative on my Linux machine and access Windows and Apple devices from it. I have the app on my Android smartphone as well and works perfectly for me. I can do everything I used to do when using TV.

Again maybe there is a different solution that i know of. i just web searched alternatives to their product and tried a few, most of them were totally unusable, only one that was close was ... Can you quickly post the name before they delete it?

• @ClaudevdRyst wrote:

I beg to differ though, but everyone is entitled to their opinion. I have this alternative on my Linux machine and access Windows and Apple devices from it. I have the app on my Android smartphone as well and works perfectly for me. I can do everything I used to do when using TV.

Can you send it as private message?

• Sethλ

Please, pray tell what it is that you use, in a sentence using capital letters usually works and gets through. 

• Sethλ

Yes, I made it in a sentence with capital letters before it disappears.  private message will get emailed and say at that location before it goes elsewhere here

• Sethλ

Ja ja ja 

I understand your messages perfectly. They take dictate as you please as I will understand. I received the private ones and mailings which cannot be altered or deleted. Let me know if you receive my replies, Privately and outside the forum

• Sethλ

Yeah llama they quickly censored your message, but if you write a sentence with capital letters one can't put it together with these and takes longer to disappear. But I understand completely. Tia Villa is absolutely the best, and nothing compares this is of use white platform connectivity and ease-of-use.. And yes, not misunderstand that I have so much support TV, as there are other ways to go to the moon and back, yes?  Ja ja ja Toot Toot! 

• Sethλ

Gweedv & pwower & contrwol Elmer Fudd told me...  but TeamViewer is such a wonderful project, and there are so many ways to approach any problem  One dang, such things and also things some  bangs equally as well

• Sethλ

I agwee wit you my frweind!  Compwleetly!  Cwensor  that one pwease 

• Have struggled with returning to "free status" after being pegged incorrectly as "Commercial".  Two attempts to be reclassified have been partially-successful.  Email comes saying I'm "free" again, the top right logo changes to FREE, but the Commercial usage window still appears and the connection is limited to a few minutes.  Should I UNINSTALL teamviewer?  Should I UNINSTALL teamviewer AND use a new account?   Any examples with other users experiencing this?

• S1mb4
    S1mb4 Posts: 1

Hello. Why can't i connect to myself? Writes that commercial use, but am I connecting to myself? The same situation when I help my dad, I can’t do something in 5 minutes. Why is that?

• ich habe das gleiche Problem, aber alle Versionen sind auf dem aktuellen stand. Mir wird untesrtellt das ich TV Kommerziel nutzen würde, und daher die sperre habe....

• Hey guys,

I would like to use teamviewer, but I am wondering if using it at a university or research facility qualifies as commercial use.

Many thanks!

• hello guys,

can not connect into my pc at home, it keeps shutting me down, saying this is a comercial connection, just want to see my pc at home and see if everything is all right

best regards nerval

• The same problem

• Sethλ
    I got a response back saying they could not verify Personal use only, and directed me to sales staff, or another form to print and fill out, then email back as attachment. I had to rescan back into my computer. I included pictures of my set up at home, my apartment actually, showing very clearly that I’ve got no business going On here or any commercial use possible. I am tired and I do not work so I have no colleagues or any other commercial affiliations. I will let folks know what the response.
    Best, Seth
  • Mizzt
    Mizzt Posts: 1

Hello. I often travel to work. and I need remote access. Therefore, I often connect to my computer via phone and laptop. Recently, access has been given for 5 minutes. it is not comfortable. I spend a lot of time to access my computer and get the information I need. Could you remove the restrictions from my account? Thanks. I use the program solely for personal purposes.

• Yes I'm doing exactly the same - been using Teamviewer for years and suddenly they accuse you of commercial use and block it. I do a lot of remote support work for the family. So I can't recommend Teamviewer to anyone - there are plenty of alternatives out there.

• Sethλ

Please let me know if you get a response. The Plemon airy form I sent in that people have left links to I finally received an answer saying they could not verify that my set up is for personal use and suggested I buy a license which I couldn't possibly afford, or threw out a form that I had to print out and send back to them. I'm waiting for the response to this form which I guess will be my last chance at getting my main computer unlocked. I'll let you know what happens with me but I'd be interested also and what other people have to say and their experience and if they have been on blocked. I haven't seen any responses to reflect this however. Good luck

• Sethλ

This is just a test reply because all my replies are being flagged as spam and deleted and not posted.  

• Sethλ

Let me know if you get any response

• Well done. At least another less user of TV and hopefully more will follow. Really people. Don't tell me that nothing compares to TV. I thought so, but trying out the alternatives, you will quickly realize that those alternatives will give you the same functionality.