Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• Well, after reading all these complaints and having my own negative experience, I'm done with TV. Uninstalled it from my both computers that I was using it. Moved to the "other" software and so far is working nicely. 

• Hello,

i have had a free liscence for around 2years now, today suddently it got blocked without any notice. 

Could u help re-activate the liscence please.

• in the meantime [removed per Community Guidelines] but totally not a smooth as teamvieuwer tho, until teamvieuwer gets it fixed, am gonna keep using that :) 

@aryone wrote:

I receive the follwing message from team viewer.

01.JPG

I never use the teamviewer for commercial. It look like I have to use another software. [removed per Community Guidelines]

• I've had my account for many years.  It's a personal account.  I just use for my own home machines.

Suddenly it's now kicking me off saying it's a commercial account.

Trying to "submit a ticket" and i just get brought to the community page.  I figure I actually need someone from Teamviewer to fix this.

Any idea how I actually do that?

Thanks!

• i am a long time user of TeamViewer for personal use.  I have 5 computers in an account, and one of them now is saying it's for commerical use.  It is not.

Can't submit a ticket as I have done previously to have this corrected.

How can this be corrected ?

• Fill the form to the left and wait till TV contacts you. 

Link: https://www.teamviewer.com/reset/

• n9yty
    n9yty Posts: 1

I don't use this much, and never for business I only used it for my computer very rarely and to help a few other friends when they are stuck. But I got an email a while back saying they suspected I was using it for business, I replied and never heard anything. Today I opened it for the first time since then and got a message saying it was business use and would be terminated in five minutes. I can find out how to get in touch with anyone, how can I get this resolved?

• Just use another product. This was once good, not anymore. 

• This is me right now... I sent in a request and they reset it, but I am still getting the commercial use message. So annoying!

• I did the same months ago, no response. I don't know how many times I've filled in the forms saying that I'm not using this non-commercial...

I wonder if teamviewer is in economical trouble since they are now claiming so many private users being commercial....

• I believw greedy is the right word 

• I have tried to use the reset form at:https://www.teamviewer.com/en/reset/ but received this error message:

"Error
    Sorry for the inconvenience, please try again later.
    If the problem persists, please contact our helpdesk staff."

I can't contact support via a form because I only have the free version.Hopefully someone from Support monitors this thread.

• Hola les escribo porque tengo la siguiente situacion: yo uso teamviewer para uso personal solamente y la consola del programa detecta que es de uso comercial y no me deja conectarme con el ordenador de mi casa , el ordenador es nuevo con win10pro, con el anterior win7pro nunca hubo problemas y lo use por muchos **bleep**, la verdad no se que hacer para restablecer el servicio,si alguien pudiera orientarme 

gracias 

lazaro 

• hello Sirs

yesterday i has tried to help my friend

we both use teamviewer only for home not commercial, and newer use for commercial
    my PC in my home (connected to wire provider named Almatel network, and my friend use Notebook connected to internet via WiFi to he cellphone (used LTE internet via russian BeeLine cellular network, Moscow)
    My friend ask me for i help microphone gain issue only
    When i try to connect to my friend - TeamViewer warn me - i am or my friend use FOR COMMERCIAL , and strict my time to shortly, so i cannot help my friend (

My ID is: **Please do not post TeamViewer IDs**
    My friend ID is: **Please do not post TeamViewer IDs**

Why Teamviewer warned me and stricted my time?
    i not use for commercial TeamViewer
    i just sometime fully free help my friends only

Mikl777
  • I am also having the same issue. I filled out the form and everything and today I got that popup again. This is rediculous. I did get an email that said again that it was reset but its not. Not sure why this is still happening and its the same PCs and nothing has changed.

• TeamViewer is not reliable for domestic use anymore. Use another product. Search with Google and you'll find a very good product. Unfortunately I can't post the name here as this post will be deleted. Looks like this company doesn't trust anymore on the quality of its own product otherwise it wouldn't give a **bleep** if someone suggests something else...

• Please email me if you can.

• Samething.. I even sent in a faxed hand written letter that they requested to keep it free and its still happening.

• Wenn du schon ein Windows 2012 Server hat, dann sollste andere Tools nutzen als TV um diesen zu Administrieren! Windows bietet doch hier eigene Tools.

• @TonyaG wrote:

TeamViewer was unable to determine that I am using the TeamViewer app on my android phone personally. I don't understand why?!!! I only use it in my home with my android phone connected to my Personal Home Wifi network!!! Whether I use it for pure laziness or whatever, I use it to connect to one of my laptops at home and WITHIN MY HOME to check for updates, close out Chrome, cast something from my laptop to my TV using Chromecast etc. without having to physically go to one of my laptops and open them up to do this!!! I don't understand why they couldn't determine that this wasn't personal stuff!!! I ONLY use it at home connected to my Home Wifi!!! I don't get it! TeamViewer, please reconsider your decision! I don't want to have to go through the trouble of printing off that form, personally signing it, then scanning it into my laptop, and then sending it as a PDF to the email address you provided!!! I think the ink in my printer is dried up - Why are you making this so hard for me?!!!

I was able to use Adobe Acrobat on my laptop to fill out the Decloration of Private Use form by choosing the "fill and sign" option and sent it to the email address TeamViewer provided me a few days ago and now I am able to use my android phone with the TeamViewer app to connect to my laptops in my home while I'm in my home again. So hopefully this is not a fluke and it will stay this way for a while. A couple a months ago, I had to fill out the online form for my laptop and TeamViewer unblocked it for personal use a week later. But, I have been waiting since October 11th to get my phone unblocked for personal use and it finally happened 2 months later! I wish TeamViewer would fix their algorithm to where they are not constantly flagging people for commercial use when it's obvious that they are not! Please, TeamViewer, fix your software so it will stop doing this!!!

• @TonyaG wrote:

TeamViewer was unable to determine that I am using the TeamViewer app on my android phone personally. I don't understand why?!!! I only use it in my home with my android phone connected to my Personal Home Wifi network!!! Whether I use it for pure laziness or whatever, I use it to connect to one of my laptops at home and WITHIN MY HOME to check for updates, close out Chrome, cast something from my laptop to my TV using Chromecast etc. without having to physically go to one of my laptops and open them up to do this!!! I don't understand why they couldn't determine that this wasn't personal stuff!!! I ONLY use it at home connected to my Home Wifi!!! I don't get it! TeamViewer, please reconsider your decision! I don't want to have to go through the trouble of printing off that form, personally signing it, then scanning it into my laptop, and then sending it as a PDF to the email address you provided!!! I think the ink in my printer is dried up - Why are you making this so hard for me?!!!

Update: I was able to use Adobe Acrobat on my laptop and fill out the Declaration of Private Use form by choosing the "Fill and Sign" option in Adobe Acrobat and send it to the TeamViewer email address they provided me. Now I am able to connect to my laptops in my home while I'm still in my home using my android phone with the TeamViewer app on it. I hope it stays this way and I don't have to go through this again.

• @TonyaG wrote:

Update: I was able to get TeamViewer unblocked on my android phone by filling out the Declaration of Private Use form using Adobe Acrobat on my laptop and choosing the "fill and sign" option in Adobe Acrobat and sending it to TeamViewer. I just discovered today that I can connect to my laptops in my home from my android phone while in my home without getting the "Commercial use detected..." message. I hope I don't have to go through this again!

• Buenos días,

Desde hace unas semanas cada vez que intento conectarme a un ordenador desde mi cuenta me sale el mensaje de uso comercial y me desconecta a los x segundos.

Este mensaje no se porque me sale, yo no utilizo el programa para usos comerciales. Mande un mensaje para que me ayudaran a solucionarlo y no he recibido respuesta.

Entiendo que se estudien las cuentas y que haya consecuencias para los que utilicen fraudulentamente el programa. Pero, yo no utilizo comercialmente el programa y veo que hay muchos usuarios con el mismo problema, por favor miren los foros y por lo menos devuelvanos las cuentas a las personas que escribimos para dar parte de esto.

Gracias,

Fernando.

• This is beyond ridicious. I had about a few months work trying to get my ID unblocked , had to sign the form and email back to them. Now they emailed me saying it was unblockd.

But no, I connect again. I IMMEDIATLY get the commercial notification again.

I am done. Done with Teamviewer. This isn't worth my time anymore.

• Congrats. Good decision. 

@Artirles wrote:

This is beyond ridicious. I had about a few months work trying to get my ID unblocked , had to sign the form and email back to them. Now they emailed me saying it was unblockd.

But no, I connect again. I IMMEDIATLY get the commercial notification again.

I am done. Done with Teamviewer. This isn't worth my time anymore.

• Congrats for the wise decision. 

•  

I have had this account for many years and for some time I have been making the mistake that I make commercial use
    It already happened years ago and I had replied by sending a message to the support but now I can't find the email sent years ago
    How can I solve it?
  • DanLester
    DanLester Posts: 31 ✭✭

OK, this has been repeated in this LONG thread many times, but ...

The TeamViewer "commercial use" designation is pretty rancid, and they will never tell you what you did to make you look that way. Once so designated, you will only be allowed five minutes of TV use from that machine. This is done on a per-machine basis. Be aware that there are other free apps that will do a lot of what TV does, without such designations. So you need to decide how much you really need TV to do what you want to do.

BUT, it is easy to remove that "commercial use" designation in TV, and recover full functionality of TV. Do this

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/commercial-use-suspected/

AND, send in a Declaration of Private use, which basically says that you promise (legally!) to only use it for private use.

http://cdn01.teamviewer.com/teamviewer/pdf/TeamViewerDeclarationOfPrivateUse.pdf

Send this DoPU to [email protected]

Now, be aware that you will NOT get any response from TeamViewer. Don't wait up for one. In about a week, your TV full functionality will be restored. Kaboom. Just like that. I've done this on a couple of machines, and it has worked every time.

But, I am increasingly using those other apps to get TV functionality.

• wywy
    wywy Posts: 0

I have used free teamviewer for over 10 years to support my Dad.

We are using windows 7 with teamviewer 15.

One is a laptop the other is a desktop.

Recently when we connect teamviewer time outs and close with a few minutes!!!

Please help.

• Hi, as I updated my teamviewer license, it somehow switched from private use to commercial. So now my remote access is restricted to a time window to only few seconds.

Do you know why it happened, and how can I fix the problem? I have no idea why this did happened, since I am still only using my teamviewer for private use. Thanks!