teamviewer.com link icon
or
Ask The Community

TeamViewer Session will be disconnected in 1 minute. Screen Sharing will continue.

NikoasNikoas Posts: 1

Hello, 

we recently started using TeamViewer to support multiple iPads accross Canada. 

1. iPads are running IOS 11.4.1 and 11.3.1. with Quick Support Version 13.2.110220 QS
  2. Windows 10 Computers - Using TeamViewer 13.2.14327 to connect to iPads. 

When connect to iPads for screen sharing after about a mintue we get this message. 

TeamViewer Session will be disconnected in 1 minute. Screen Sharing will continue. 

1 minute after the message a connection comment box appears. 

The iPad is brand new out of the box, it was updated to latest iOS, 11.4.1 and Quick Support app is installed. 

See attached screen shots of issue. 

TM 1 Minute Message.jpgTM Suggestion Box.jpg

Tagged:

Comments

• Hello,

I am also having similar issues with a familly member ipad.

1. Ipad are running IOS 12.0.1 with Quicksupport 14.0.141451

2. Windows 7 Comptuer using 13.2.26558

It after seconds of being connect with them the Ipad send a notification informing them that: 

After the minute passes teamviewer dicoonected and even though it says that the screen sharing will continue, it does not at all.

As Nikoas posted, my family member just got this ipad not even a 4 days ago, brand new.

Please let me know if i am missing some sort of option, or whatever is causing this. I have been trying to find i any information on how to solve this issue.

Thank you very much for you time,

Beastmais27

• Oz88Oz88 Posts: 1
    Is there any update on this?
  • Apologies for not sharing an explanation on this earlier. This is actually a limitation on the iOS platform as they do not allow apps to go in the background. When the screen is being captured and streamed to the supporter device, the TeamViewer QuickSupport app needs to be backgrounded, and iOS will end up killing it as it has a short timer on apps backgrounded. Hence we stop it. So nothing is wrong from your side, this is how the feature is supported with the current platform limitations. Hope this helps.

• I used this for the first time today to help my mother out with her new ipad (which replaces her 1st or 2nd generation ipad so is very different) and we kept getting this message. I noticed that I was still able to see her screen but she had a neighbour there who was using facetime on his phone as well so that I could see her screen as well. When the Quicksupport App disconnects I am still able to see her screen but imagine that if we had tried to use the audio feature as well that would have been disconnected. Would I still be able to talk to her via telephone and monitor her screen despite the session saying it had disconnected? I presume I am not able to control her ipad at all or is that incorrect? I will either connect to her from my iphone or my Macbook Air.

• mocherifmocherif Posts: 7

Hello, thank you for your inquiry. The QuickSupport app disconnect is actually a limitation on the iOS platform, as it does not allow apps to go in the background. When the screen is being captured and streamed from your mom's iPad to you, the TeamViewer QuickSupport app needs to be backgrounded, and iOS will end up killing it as it has a short timer on apps backgrounded. Hence we stop it. So nothing is wrong with how you use the app, this is how the feature is supported with the current platform limitations, and screensharing will continue after we stop QuickSupport. You will be able to view the remote screen, but not control it. There is no interference with making phone calls. Hope this helps. Cheers!

• Phil7Phil7 Posts: 8

The problem for me is oncec the minute is up the screen hangs.

The screen recording stops. In other words I cannot work with this.

What other settings should I check?

• mocherifmocherif Posts: 7

Hello! Please try to use our latest app releases for both sender and receiver. Let us know if you can still reproduce, and if so what devices/OS versions are you using. Cheers!

Thanks for your concern.

My Imac is running macOS Catalina 10.15.3

Team Viewer is 15.4.4445

Currently testing with my Ipad Software 13.4 on same network (could this cause problems) The QS teamviewer is 15-4-1

I make contact but as soon as the line drops so does the video of my ipad screen

Hope this all makes sense to you.

I did supply machine and software versions (all up to date) but have heard nothing from you since. 
    The problem remains. 
    There is either a setting that I need to change or your software is not fit for use on my Mac - IPad configuration. 

• aprinsenaprinsen Posts: 1

Hi TeamViewer, any solution to this yet? I am having the same issue with the connection between my grandmother's iPad and my Mac. As soon as she navigates away from the TeamViewer app (i.e. to do anything on her iPad) we see the notificaiton that screen broadcast will stop after one minute. Then after that minute is over, my view of her screen freezes. Especially in times like these when I can't just stop by her place to troubleshoot the issue in person, it would be really nice to have this issue fixed. Thank you!

• I haven;t been able to try it yet but I am told that this might work if the person at the end needing help starts the session from Quicksupport. Have you tried that?

Unlike some other TeamViewer software with QS version the helper can only see the iPad screen not actually action anything on it.  It is the iPad user that presses QS but it then crashes after 1 minute. 

• I'm having the same thing - the weird part of it is that it's extremely erratic.  Sometimes we lose the connection even before the minute is up; other times we get almost an hour's screen mirroring.  There's no rhyme or reason to it that I can make out.

Interesting that sometimes you get an hour with it working. 

I have had it work when I have been testing between my Imac and Ipad (locally) but when I actually try to use it with my brothers Ipad (remotely) it fails as soon as the minute is up.

Very frustrating but as I am only only using the free version to help my brother I cant make a major issue but would it behave differently if I had a paid version?

• Well I'm using the free version.

It may be my imagination, but it always seems to be bad at first, and then the more I persevere, the lengthier the sessions get.  I don't think normally we really get anything at all on the first two goes.  I can't think of any reason why that should be.

• Are you initiating the session from the user with QuickSupport or the user offering the tech support using TeamViewer?

• Personally I'm initiating it from a PC.  Why - is it possible to initiate it from Quick Support?  That hadn't even occurred to me.

User offering support to family member. 

To TeamViewer staff -You seem to suggest that when the TeamViewer session finishes after a minute that the screen sharing will continue. This is not the case.
    The TeamViewer session finishes and the screen sharing hangs then disconnects. 
    It would appear from other comments that sometimes it works but unless I am sure it is going to work I don't want the iPad user to expect some help and support and only gets more frustrated. 

• sudburyKCsudburyKC Posts: 2

This issue is also found trying to support iPad Mini 4  with software version 13.5.1

very disappointed.  I wonder if it is any use on any iPad?

• cubesmicubesmi Posts: 1

Has this limitation been escalated to Apple? Any chance this will change in near future? 

I would pull TeamViewer QuickSupport from the App Store if I was you guys. Your clients struggle with a non-working app! Extremely frustrating.

• RenéKeRenéKe Posts: 1

Hello mocherif,

As many developers do, you could implement location services to TeamViewer and TeamViewer QS to keep the application running in the background. 

Kind regards,

Rene

• @cubesmi I agee with you.  How can teamveiwer claim that they support ios when this limitation exists.  I cannot troubleshoot a device in 1 minute ( my use).  Which makes this feature unusable. Great concept but pull the app until you can make a workaround.  It should have never been released.. and the claim that support for ios is available should have never been claimed.  I am disappointed at the very least.