teamviewer.com link icon
or
Ask The Community

No sound from remote computer

2»

Answers

• FlorenceJ
    FlorenceJ Posts: 3

you for your fats and kind response, it will save me a lot of time trying to figure it out.

Such a shame that Apple doesn't make it easy...

@Maikeru wrote:

Apple unfortunaltey makes it pretty difficult to do this so its not necesserily Teamviewers fault but no it doesn't seem to be supported, at least last time I tried 6 months ago. I was able to transfer audio through the mic using a program named Soundflower but that was pretty buggy. There are few competitors out there that have put the effort into working around Apple's restrictions though. Unfortunately mentions of competitors names on this forum are removed so I can't give the name but last I knew a product that started with word splash was able to transfer audio on a mac

• FlorenceJ
    FlorenceJ Posts: 3

@mparker wrote:

I believe sound flower is now loop back.  Also look at audio hijack

Thank you

• I have a usb interface connected to my laptop so that I can use external speakers. This works for every application except for teamviewer, which still routes audio to the laptop speakers. This happens regardless of the audio settings I choose in teamviewer or on the operating system level. Is it possible to make teamviewer correctly route audio to my interface like every other application?

• mparker, can you describe in detail how you employ loopback to do this? Are you getting this to work on a Mac?

• This is unacceptable! should've been told when I purchased the licence!

• Right on!