Remote Lock "Never" not functioning.

CPT_Tater
CPT_Tater Posts: 3
edited May 2023 in General questions

I have a TV wall that I control through TeamViewer. I have about six computers that login to the wall to change channels/settings. The wall always needs to be logged in. 

When I log out the wall computer from my remote computer (LAN connections only) it locks the wall computer. I have "Lock remote computer" set to "never" in the advanced section and it still locks the wall computer. I have also downgraded to TeamViewer 11 from TeamViewer 12 with no success...same problem. 

Is there a registry setting that may have gotten "stuck" or a config file that I need to delete after uninstallation? I have also tried to uninstall un-checking "keep settings" and re-install...issue persists.

Edit: BTW...Network is a "closed network". 

Edit2: I have noticed that multiple instances are open on the wall computer. When I close out of most of them the "never" lock function starts to work. Eventually more instances open and it starts to auto lock again. 

Thanks!

Comments

• bartlanz
    bartlanz Posts: 315 ✭✭✭

It sounds like you have multple people loggin into the wall. I would wonder if any of them having the autolock on is causing all of them to have the autolock happen. When I have a sec I'll try testing this.

If my post was helpful, Please throw me a Kudos.
    If my post fixed your issue, please mark it as the solution to help the next person find a solution quickly.
    Bart Lanzillotti
  • CPT_Tater

I thought that too. I have gone to every client and rolled back to TV11 making sure that the option is set to never. 

• bartlanz
    bartlanz Posts: 315 ✭✭✭

Yep, I just tested it thoroughly as well, and that is not it. I would wonder if it is something with a domain policy or another piece of software that is detecting the sessions end?

If my post was helpful, Please throw me a Kudos.
    If my post fixed your issue, please mark it as the solution to help the next person find a solution quickly.
    Bart Lanzillotti
  • CPT_Tater

There is no GPO's for this network. It’s not a corporate domain. I couldn’t find any other software that could be affecting TV. It’s a basic Windows 10 installation with just a few added programs installed. I think you are on to something about multiple people logged in though. I would log into the wall with multiple computers, then log into it with my computer. I would close my session and the computer would lock. I would then log back in on my computer and "close" the other connections on the wall. I was then able to end my session without it locking. 

• I have a work around that might help you. We are having the same issues at our university, but I belive it has something to do with the policies our IT team has imposed on us.

The work around that worked for me is to end the session (The host computer locks even though I have my setting set for this not to happen), remote in again, put in the password and end the session right away (before you get logged in). The computer cannot Lock if you're not fully logged in, so it stays logged in Smiley Happy Hope it helps!

• Julia
    Julia Posts: 290 Staff member 🤠

Hi Henrikues,

This problem is a known bug in the current version 13. Our development is already working on a solution.

Please see also this thread:

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/TeamViewer-General/Locking-remote-computer-at-the-end-of-session/m-p/32000#M16523

Julia
    Senior Support Engineer - 2nd level Support
    Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.
    Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button.