Announcements

Monitoring - We fixed the issue which caused the degraded performance and we are monitoring the results as we send partial traffic on it. It looks good so far. Please see also our Status page.

Posted by LincolnAEL
Henagon

Teamviewer host on Mac and Chrome OS

Hello, I have been able to deploy teamviewer into windows computers but in our school we count with many Mac and Chrome OS devices. I wanted to know how to install it keeping the settings and assigment that we use for Windows.

Thank you very Much,

6 Replies
Posted by TeamViewer Staff
TeamViewer Staff

Re: Teamviewer host on Mac and Chrome OS

Hi @LincolnAEL,

if you want to rollout TeamViewer on macOS, this article will help you: Mass deployment on macOS. Assignment will also work, but importing settings isn't supported on macOS yet.

For Chrome OS, there is currently no mass deployment possibility.

Regards

Sven

Posted by LincolnAEL
Henagon

Hi Sven_F, There is no need to deploy it massively. I just want to know how to install it in Mac and Chrome OS, which installer I have to use and if I have to set them all up, by one one.

Thanks, 

TeamViewer Staff

Hi @LincolnAEL,

you can just download the according packges for each OS:

1. the installer for macOS can be found here: https://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/mac-os/
  2. the installer for ChromeOS can be found here: https://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/chrome-os/

Afterwards install them on every computer (one by one) by double-clicking on the package and follow the instructions.

Regards

Sven

Posted by LincolnAEL
Henagon

Ok, great, I could try Chrome OS extension, but it seems to be user based, so each user has to install it. Regarding Mac, I could install it and set it up, but it is telling me that the client has a newer version and I have Teamviewer 13 license. Do you know where can I get Teamviewer 13 download for mac?

Thanks,

Highlighted
TeamViewer Staff

Hi @LincolnAEL

you can find older versions of TeamViewer here: https://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/previous-versions/

Regards

Sven

Posted by Tennis1818-
Photon

I am not sure if I am on the right place or not.  My computer was broken into and I am not trying to make sure that both my and my 96 year old mother's computer are 1.  protected on Teamviewer  and 2. That her computer is set so that I can get into her computer when it is asleep.  Someone at Teamviewer kindly helped with this process but I must have misunderstood something.

1. I now understand that the password changes each time so theoretically no one can get into her computer without knowing the password.  However, I keep getting messages on my computer that say:

"DorothyaltmansiMac.attlocal.net has signed in" when there is definitely no one on the her computer.  I, on the other hand, am no longer able to connect with her computer.

I think that I may have gotten some of the instructions wrong.  My notes say:

1. Change Mom's pw's under security for unattended access on both computers-mine in Boston and hers in FL.

Something about: preferences, security, preferences easy access, preferences-general-but I don't any longer understand what that means and when we tried couldn't find everything.  Would really appreciate help.

Thank you.

Wendy A.